• 26(current)
Broken Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown]
I see what you are trying to do, and it won't work.
You are not queuing items, you are queuing links to code to get items to play.

It would be a major code re-write to do what you want, and even then I don't think it would work.
If you are building a longer Queue your session will expire before you get to the end of the playlist, and then nothing will play back,

The 10x increase in API requests and a broken plugin after 4 hours doesn't help either.
XBMC user since before that Music db hack.
Now with his 2nd DMCA Takedown
Hi, I've been recently using Crunchyroll a lot more than before and I've using XBMC for a long time, I havr a free membership and wanted to use Crunchyroll inside XBMC but I can't, could there be a way of using it without having to buy a membership, I hate having to close XBMC and open a web browser to watch anime, and then re-opening XBMC to watch something else, it's very tedious.
(2014-08-11, 20:46)yoshiofthewire Wrote: I see what you are trying to do, and it won't work.

It would be a major code re-write to do what you want, and even then I don't think it would work.
If you are building a longer Queue your session will expire before you get to the end of the playlist, and then nothing will play back,

The 10x increase in API requests and a broken plugin after 4 hours doesn't help either.

What does this plugin do that's different from the others whereby it would not work?

(2014-08-14, 01:10)ST4RL Wrote: Hi, I've been recently using Crunchyroll a lot more than before and I've using XBMC for a long time, I havr a free membership and wanted to use Crunchyroll inside XBMC but I can't, could there be a way of using it without having to buy a membership, I hate having to close XBMC and open a web browser to watch anime, and then re-opening XBMC to watch something else, it's very tedious.

I think Crunchyroll requires a premium account for any device to work.
The plugin is using the PS3 API, and I am trying to behave as closely to the PS3 as possible.
The PS3 doesn't show ads and can't play videos to free members.

This way CR doesn't change the app and break the plugin.

As to queuing, when you click on a video to play, the plugin uses the API to get the URL of the video at that time.
The video is keyed to your account and won't play if your are not logged in.
Your session times out after ~4 hours.
If you are not logged in the plugin reconnects your session after you click on the video, then plays the video.
Because the video link you are trying to queue is actually a program you are running, you can't queue it.

The reason for this is say you want to watch every episode of SSO in a row.
Why wouldn't you? That show is awesome. (SAO Season II, Saturdays at 12:30pm et)
But there is a problem, by the 10th episode your session would time out and episode 11 wouldn't play.
The fix would be that you would have to exit and re-enter the plugin.

But there is a side effect, and that is behaving badly.
To do this the plugin would have to make an API call for every video, if you watched it or not.
And this is a departure from how the PS3 makes API calls, by making more of them.
All in all, not the way we want things to go.
(2014-08-14, 21:30)IRJustman Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 20:46)yoshiofthewire Wrote: I see what you are trying to do, and it won't work.

What does this plugin do that's different from the others whereby it would not work?

(2014-08-14, 01:10)ST4RL Wrote: Hi, I've been recently using Crunchyroll a lot more than before and I've using XBMC for a long time, I havr a free membership and wanted to use Crunchyroll inside XBMC but I can't, could there be a way of using it without having to buy a membership, I hate having to close XBMC and open a web browser to watch anime, and then re-opening XBMC to watch something else, it's very tedious.

I use my Android phone and my PC and the both don't need a premium account.
(2014-08-14, 22:58)ST4RL Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 21:30)IRJustman Wrote:

I use my Android phone and my PC and the both don't need a premium account.

Though I do believe you do need a paid-up account to watch over a cellular (e.g. 3G and 4G) network.

I specifically said "devices". I believe you need one in order to watch Crunchyroll on a console (for sure), STB or smart TV (unsure).

I do know you can use a free account for a computer and for phones on WiFi, though.
For our needs the plugin now counts as a PS3.
(2014-08-15, 16:19)yoshiofthewire Wrote: For our needs the plugin now counts as a PS3.

Ah. Did you get a request to run it as such?
The plugin is acting as a PS3, and so it behaving as one, less CR decide to shut us down.
Why can't you make the plugin run as a PC instead of a PS3? XBMC is often run on PCs and devices where Crunchyroll can run with a Free Membership. (PC, Phones and Tablets)
The plugin did ... and then CR changed the website and broke 50+% of all new videos.
Ah I see. I'll try use a free trial for a couple of days to see if the plugin is good, I'll also give some feedback if I find a bug.
Hey this might be a stupid question, but I'm still having rights issues getting the add-on to run on my Amazon Fire TV. I've uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC and the add-on from the official repo but it still gives me the same OS exception error that has shown up in earlier posts. I was wondering if there is a way to offload the add-on data to my NFS share like with a path substitution or something. Thanks for your help. The add-on works great on my Nexus 7. It's kind of frustrating that it won't work on my TV haha.
In order for the plugin to be in the repo I have to place my files in the approved directory.
For some stupid reason you don't have write access to that directory.

Why? No Clue.
But this issue only seems to pop up on Android based devices.
(FireOS is a Android Fork)
The long and the short is that you need the permissions to this folder fixed.
Clearing data should fix that....

Or there are TV based CR apps out there, so one would hope FireTV will get one.
That said, the CR app in the play store isn't out for tablets, but CR manga is.
Yeah, it kind of sux that the Amazon App Store doesn’t have the CR video app.

My brother just got a Kindle Fire HDX tablet and I had to side-load the app for him. Which isn’t difficult, but it is annoying (for the curious: I downloaded and installed it from the Google Play Store onto an Android phone, used ES File Explorer to “backup” the app to the sd-card, pulled the APK from the phone to my desktop computer, dropped it to a folder on the tablet and installed from there).

I also hacked the *old* “Crunchyroll Takeout” plugin so it DOES work on Gotham (tested on Mac, Android/FireOS, and Linux - no guarantees it works for anyone else). At least the “free viewing” content from their website does, which is why I renamed the plugin “Crunchyroll Free” - and to avoid naming/update conflicts with Yoshi’s plugins - but I haven’t tried actually logging in through the hacked plugin. I really have no intention of maintaining it as a forked version, or providing support for it, since I don’t really understand how it works in the first place. That’s also why I haven’t put the code up anywhere, but if anyone wants the zip file PM me.

Of course both the official CR app for Android and the CR “Free” plugin use the Android API which, if I recall, only show SD quality video whether you log in or not right? So clearly not ideal solutions for anyone with a paying account who wants full HD content. But my brother’s happy enough with them.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown]5