• 26(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
Anyone got issues downloading Artic Zephyer skin from Beta Emby repo?
They updated it this morning but now it dont show up in repo if you choose to hide incompatible add ons.
However the same skin downloads fine on Kodi 16.
@Koying;

Do you have any recommendations for Android TV boxes that play nice with Kodi/SPMC ? (I see the Shield looks great, but not wanting to spend quite that much..)
I'm mainly going to be using it for LiveTV in Kodi and doing some streaming using Amazon Prime etc.

I've been checking out the hardware section of the forums but figured I'd ask the person that had to make it all work in the first place Big Grin
(2016-03-23, 11:12)Koying Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 23:29)Tinwarble Wrote: Go to the Play Store from a PC or web browser and push it to your Android TV device.

Google informed me that SPMC was "Android TV approved", so it now shows up directly in the device store.

At the time I posted it wasn't showing up. But that good news!!

(2016-03-24, 00:07)Swifty Wrote: @Koying;

Do you have any recommendations for Android TV boxes that play nice with Kodi/SPMC ? (I see the Shield looks great, but not wanting to spend quite that much..)
I'm mainly going to be using it for LiveTV in Kodi and doing some streaming using Amazon Prime etc.

Believe he already has.

Koying Wrote:As far as I'm concerned, Nvidia Shield has basically cornered the market, so is my main development device. More generally, Android TV devices, amlogic devices and Amazon FireTV might be getting some love Wink
Important: No more Rockchip specific support as of this version

http://spmc.semperpax.com/
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Koying is our only hope. Only he is maintaining a Android fork of Kodi right now sith SPMC. Plex are using ExoPlayer which quite frankly is useless and doesn't allow enough codes support while main Kodi has no Android maintainer. That said, Nvidia SHIELD, despite its lack of support outside of Koying right now, still is the best option.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-03-23, 01:39)delcidgt Wrote: These are my settings on the nVidia Shield, works flawlessly all the audio formats including Dolby TrueHD + Atmos:

1. Adjust display reflesh rate = Off
  2. Sync playback to display = Off
  3. Audio output device = Android, RAW Passthrough
  4. Passthrough output device = Android, RAW Passthrough
  5. Number of channels = 7.1
  6. Output configuration = Best match
  7. Stereo upmix = Off
  8. Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver = On
  9. Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver = On
  10. DTS capable receiver = On
  11. TrueHD capable receiver = On
  12. DTS-HD capable receiver = On
Thanks it was the sync playback to display that was causing the issue.
Before all the nVIDIA Shield Fanboys get carried away, the Shield is NOT a good option for Amazon Prime Video Viewing as you will not get 4K / 1080p video playback from the Amazon Instant Video App on anything but the FireTV2 or certain selected Android TV's.

Compare Streaming Media Players HERE

(2016-03-24, 04:05)wrxtasy Wrote: Before all the nVIDIA Shield Fanboys get carried away, the Shield is NOT a good option for Amazon Prime Video Viewing as you will not get 4K / 1080p video playback from the Amazon Instant Video App on anything but the FireTV2 or certain selected Android TV's.

Compare Streaming Media Players HERE

AND.............There's not even a Amazon app for Android TV other than the one for Sony TV's.

I cancelled my Amazon prime account because anything I wanted to watch I could do so on Netflix or some other app. The entire time I had Prime I think I watched it a total of 4 times, so to me it's not a loss.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-03-24, 01:19)danjames92 Wrote: Koying is our only hope. Only he is maintaining a Android fork of Kodi right now sith SPMC. Plex are using ExoPlayer which quite frankly is useless and doesn't allow enough codes support while main Kodi has no Android maintainer. That said, Nvidia SHIELD, despite its lack of support outside of Koying right now, still is the best option.

Never fear, MrMC is about to enter the pool again...
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
That sly old Fox, am I sniffing some AML lovin' ?

I suspect however with the constraints of the Amazon Walled and Fortified Castle with the FireTV hardware.
MrMC would be a better fit to get accepted into Amazon's App Store.

Hi guys,

switching to SPMC because of its better support for Android devices (especially Shield TV box) I like to keep kodi as a parallel install. However, I would not like to always administrate and update both installations. So do you see any problem with having both SPMC and kodi using the same data path by including the follwoing line in xbmc_env.properties

xbmc.data=/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi
@fantasticn
don´t know if it is possible on Shield TV Box - with FireTV you will have to use spmc_env.properties
with an entry like this : xbmc.data=/storage/usbdisk/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/
spmc_env.properties must be placed in the same directory as xbmc_env.properties
@bylderup,
thanks for the info. But if I would like to use the xbmc-data-folder (on Shield TV with firmware 3.0/Marshmallow it's in "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/") not the spmc-data-folder as the common folder for kodi and SPMC would I have to use spmc_enc.properties with this entry then:

xbmc.data=/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/

I am little confused because it says "xbmc-data" not "spmc.data".
(2016-03-24, 10:46)fantasticn Wrote: thanks for the info. But if I would like to use the xbmc-data-folder (on Shield TV with firmware 3.0/Marshmallow it's in "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/") not the spmc-data-folder as the common folder for kodi and SPMC

You can't as of lollipop, due to security. You have to use an app specific folder.
(2016-03-24, 06:45)wrxtasy Wrote: MrMC would be a better fit to get accepted into Amazon's App Store.

I bet Wink
No Kodi/SPMC, there, so a good business opportunity...
(2016-03-23, 23:22)fritsch Wrote: Please turn of "Sync Playback to Display" - that makes absolutely no sense in combination with Passthrough. Restart kodi after disabling it.

Thanks, that fixed the issues with DolbyTrueHD/Atmos!

Stubled about another problem in 16.1.2 today: "System" -> "Addons" leads to a black screen

Log says:
Code:
15:46:41 T:1460660528   ERROR: Error loading addon settings to special://profile/addon_data/service.library.data.provider/settings.xml
15:46:41 T:1438411056  NOTICE: script.grab.fanart: Grab Fanart Service Started
15:46:41 T:1438411056   ERROR: Error loading addon settings to special://profile/addon_data/script.grab.fanart/settings.xml
15:46:42 T:1469262128   ERROR: Error loading addon settings to special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/settings.xml
15:46:43 T:1501952304   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:46:43 T:1501952304  NOTICE: virtual void EPG::CEpgContainer::Start(bool) - EPG thread started
15:46:44 T:1469262128  NOTICE: AddOnLog: PVR IPTV Simple Client: EPG Loaded.
15:46:46 T:1437366576   ERROR: Error loading addon settings to special://profile/addon_data/service.xbmc.versioncheck/settings.xml
15:46:50 T:1393121584   ERROR: unable to load:/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/1080i/AddonBrowser.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
15:46:59 T:1394186544   ERROR: Error loading addon settings to special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/settings.xml
15:47:01 T:1393121584   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Don´t know how that file got deleted, any ideas?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166