• 26(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
All themes are temporarily disabled until it resolves the bug from Beta 3. Still we are working on another solution, if all goes well soon the skin will have more beautiful and unique surprise.

MarcosQui Wrote:All themes are temporarily disabled until it resolves the bug from Beta 3. Still we are working on another solution, if all goes well soon the skin will have more beautiful and unique surprise.

Look forward to the surprise. Keep up the great work
hi
how do install this from Dharma 3? I have tried to install from zip as per other add ons, but this doesn't work. I am guessing this is because it isn't an official XBMC add on?

Is there a workaround, or did everyone here install under D2 and then upgrade?

Thanks

Luke
lat297 Wrote:hi
how do install this from Dharma 3? I have tried to install from zip as per other add ons, but this doesn't work. I am guessing this is because it isn't an official XBMC add on?

Is there a workaround, or did everyone here install under D2 and then upgrade?

Thanks

Luke

UPDATE: just saw the comment a few pages back about this being fixed in 2.1.1, the download I had was 2.1.0.... will try it now!

Luke
lat297 Wrote:UPDATE: just saw the comment a few pages back about this being fixed in 2.1.1, the download I had was 2.1.0.... will try it now!

Luke

Ok, so gave this a go, and no joy either... got hold of the logs and this is what I see:

Code:
20:53:00 T:2958408560 M:1705844736   DEBUG: Thread 2958408560 terminating
20:53:02 T:2917129072 M:1705390080   DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin%2eAeonMQ%2d2%2d2%2e1%2e1%2ezip/
20:53:02 T:2917129072 M:1705390080   DEBUG: ZipManager: not a zip file!
20:53:02 T:2917129072 M:1705390080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fskin%2eAeonMQ%2d2%2d2%2e1%2e1%2ezip/
20:53:09 T:2917129072 M:1708507136   ERROR: Package skin.AeonMQ-2-2.1.1.zip is not a valid addon

So it looks like the 2.1.1 update doesn't get round the Dharma 3 Add ons issues :-( Is there any chance this could be hosted by one of the unofficial repos like Hitcher?

Luke
It does install on Dharma 3. Don't unzip the file before installing from ZIP.

Maybe try to download it again?
May i ask a question? Why is it impossible to control the OSD via Mouse in Aeon MQ2 when a Movie is running. I see the Mouse cursor but i can't click a symbol (like "pause", "fast forward" "rewind" etc.). In Confluence this isn't a problem. Is there a reason for that?
t2ffn Wrote:It does install on Dharma 3. Don't unzip the file before installing from ZIP.

Maybe try to download it again?

I beg to differ, as shown by the logfile I quoted.

I'm not unzipping the file first.

I have tried downloading the file three times now. Maybe I'll try again sometime, but the logfile error message doesn't fill me with confidence.

Anyone else manage to install this on Dharma 3?
lat297 Wrote:I beg to differ, as shown by the logfile I quoted.

I'm not unzipping the file first.

I have tried downloading the file three times now. Maybe I'll try again sometime, but the logfile error message doesn't fill me with confidence.

Anyone else manage to install this on Dharma 3?

I had the same problem. To get around it I copied the zipped MQ 2 folder in to the package folder (xbmc/addons) using winscp and then selected the zipped addon again and it then installed correctly.
Bob___ Wrote:May i ask a question? Why is it impossible to control the OSD via Mouse in Aeon MQ2 when a Movie is running. I see the Mouse cursor but i can't click a symbol (like "pause", "fast forward" "rewind" etc.). In Confluence this isn't a problem. Is there a reason for that?

I have the same issue, have to use the keyboard for everything. Which is fine, but annoying.
lat297 Wrote:So it looks like the 2.1.1 update doesn't get round the Dharma 3 Add ons issues :-( Is there any chance this could be hosted by one of the unofficial repos like Hitcher?

Luke

I had no issue upgrading to 2.1.1. Are you trying to ugprade to AeonMQ 2.1.1 or is this a fresh install of the skin?
Brewster Wrote:I had no issue upgrading to 2.1.1. Are you trying to ugprade to AeonMQ 2.1.1 or is this a fresh install of the skin?

I am installing from scratch... I don't believe the issue is to update, but to install the skin from new on Dharma3...

I am going to try the other suggestion (moving the .zip to the addons folder) in a moment.
No problems installing 2.1.1 on beta3 here. Make sure you switch to confluence to install as per the instructions in the first post.
Mindzai Wrote:No problems installing 2.1.1 on beta3 here. Make sure you switch to confluence to install as per the instructions in the first post.

Let's make sure we're comparing like for like... I'm doing an install on XBMC Live, copying the .zip file to the Home directory on the USB pen drive I installed onto.

Same with you?
Zaxxan Wrote:I had the same problem. To get around it I copied the zipped MQ 2 folder in to the package folder (xbmc/addons) using winscp and then selected the zipped addon again and it then installed correctly.

Hi Mate

Sorry, but this is very confusing... are you talking about a Windows, Linux or Live/Linux install?

Luke
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232