• 261(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good USB dvb s2 stick to use with kodibuntu on the Chromebox? Will the 2955u cope well enough with the USB tuner and kodibuntu?

Thanks in advance
(2015-03-23, 22:45)denz13 Wrote: Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good USB dvb s2 stick to use with kodibuntu on the Chromebox? Will the 2955u cope well enough with the USB tuner and kodibuntu?

Thanks in advance

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardwa...nformation
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
How can i uninstall the audio patch ?

If i don't use resume all works perfectly, also passthrough with denon

if i use resume function when denon is on stand by it doesn't work

Never happened before install the audio patch
(2015-03-23, 23:47)Roby77 Wrote: How can i uninstall the audio patch ?

If i don't use resume all works perfectly, also passthrough with denon

if i use resume function when denon is on stand by it doesn't work

Never happened before install the audio patch

just delete the file and reboot.
Ehm how ?

I noticed that the problem occurs only when denon is in standby

Anyone with denon x2000 has problems ?
(2015-03-24, 00:08)Roby77 Wrote: Ehm how ?

simple solution - make sure your receiver is on before turning on the ChromeBox (or bringing it out of standby). But to delete the file, just navigate to the folder in windows explorer and delete it. Plenty of info on the OpenELEC site on how to access the file system either via SMB or SSH.
(2015-03-21, 06:17)Soli Wrote:
(2015-03-21, 04:42)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-21, 03:36)Soli Wrote: If I insert a bootable usb stick into my chromebox, then I obviously want to boot from it. I don't want to connect a keyboard and hit ESC, downarrow, enter. I think all of us that are even flashing your bios are well enough versed with computers that we dont "accidentally" use a bootable MBR on our external drives.

I completely disagree here, on both counts.

Quote:Anyways, my suggestion would that you include an option in your script to flash an alternative bios that automatically boots from USB. That would be great for those of us who like living on the edge.. Wink

I had considered that, but I really don't want to have to maintain multiple versions just to satisfy every permutation people want. maybe I'll make it a flash-time option, since I can do that via the script after download but before it's flashed. But my motivation to do that is low =P

I understand. Would appreciate it if you did. Or just tell me how to modify the BIOS Image.
Can you tell me how? I have a nice retroplayer setup on an external drive. Would be nice to able to boot this without having a keyboard connected.
(2015-03-24, 08:23)Soli Wrote: Can you tell me how? I have a nice retroplayer setup on an external drive. Would be nice to able to boot this without having a keyboard connected.

I sent you a PM several days ago with more info

I believe you mean it only happens when you use the x2000 in passthrough mode?

The easy way to solve it is to always use the x2000, I use my x4000 and x2000 for watching everything. Its better for watching at low levels as its much clearer so you can turn the volume down lower. And for normal levels its sounds much better.

I have a logitch harmony setup to turn on my avreciever before turning the chromebox back on and that solves all my issues
(2015-03-24, 02:31)Matt Devo Wrote:

simple solution - make sure your receiver is on before turning on the ChromeBox (or bringing it out of standby). But to delete the file, just navigate to the folder in windows explorer and delete it. Plenty of info on the OpenELEC site on how to access the file system either via SMB or SSH.

Sorry i will check again cause i don't see system file (only normal folder) through windows or smb (via.mobile)

it's not waf (wife etc) and children to swtich on from standby the ampli every time.chrome box is suspended

Or.maybe i didn't understand your solution

NB:Also if i switch tv on before switching on chrome box from.power off (no suspend) the first boot screen that i see is open elec.logo

Only.if i restart chromebox i see bios.boot up...is this normal ?
Why are you suspending. Honestly these boxes use minimal power.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes i'm thinking about to never suspend Big Grin

(also cause it seems to be the only one with this problem)
it sounds to me that the x2000 is not passing the edid information when its in standby meaning the chromebox doesnt know what to display. I could be wrong though!!
Maybe with a device like dr.hdmi i can resolve.?
(2015-03-24, 08:37)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 08:23)Soli Wrote: Can you tell me how? I have a nice retroplayer setup on an external drive. Would be nice to able to boot this without having a keyboard connected.

I sent you a PM several days ago with more info

Thanks Matt. I didn't get the first PM.
I just installed it. Works without a glitch! This is a good feature, thanks for taking the time!
  • 261(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37