• 276(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-04-14, 01:26)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-04-14, 01:15)Leclair Wrote: Neither of the Lenovo keyboards mentioned above work. So that's 5 keyboards tested so far. And the HP keyboard was previously used to install the dual-boot (ChromeOS + OpenElec) no problem.

Options?

I'd then guess that another connected USB device (possibly the USB install media) is causing an issue during the USB init/boot device iteration process

Is there a specific brand/size that you could suggest?

I have tried 2 different SD cards and 3 different USB sticks.

Also, if it is the USB install media causing the issue, can I assume the HP keyboard that worked during the dual-boot install should work once I find a USB stick that is compatible?

Thanks for all the help thus far.
Can the boot selection be made with a gamepad instead of keyboard?
As I plan to set dualboot with SteamOS + OpenELEC, and won't need a keyboard to control any of them, it would allow me to get rid of a keyboard completely.
(2015-04-14, 17:25)Leclair Wrote: Is there a specific brand/size that you could suggest?

I have tried 2 different SD cards and 3 different USB sticks.

Also, if it is the USB install media causing the issue, can I assume the HP keyboard that worked during the dual-boot install should work once I find a USB stick that is compatible?

Thanks for all the help thus far.

that really seems unlikely that all those different keyboards and USB/SD media aren't compatible. I've only had one keyboard that wouldn't work (an older wired logitech mini) and no USB/SD media that were problematic. I use a Logitech K360 keyboard and Sandisk, Patriot, and Silicon Power USB sticks (and Sandisk and Lexar SD cards).

(2015-04-14, 17:56)stoickov Wrote: Can the boot selection be made with a gamepad instead of keyboard?
As I plan to set dualboot with SteamOS + OpenELEC, and won't need a keyboard to control any of them, it would allow me to get rid of a keyboard completely.

you're asking about something completely different than the standard 'ChromeOS + other' dual boot configs that are supported by the script -- you'd be running the standalone firmware and then have two OSes selectable from a GRUB menu, so you'd just need whatever input device you want to use to be supported by that (which is well outside of the scope of this thread).
I think the steam controller identifies itself as keyboard and mouse. At least it used to, but whether that is the case with the final design remains to be seen. (Of course one of the button has to be the equivalent of the keyboard enter key).
Hi Matt,

I was wondering if a reboot was possible from Chrome OS?
I tried v1.2 of the Standalone coreboot firmware updater. It did NOT prompt me if I wanted to continue or not. How do I determine if it did anything? I have the ASUS CHROMEBOX-M004U running an early version of the coreboot firmware.

FYI, I ran the following via SSH [ dmesg | grep "Panther" | pastebinit ] and got the output http://sprunge.us/BXLT

Thanks in advance.
-Darren

Thanks Matt. I was trying to use WinSCP. I switched to using SSH from putty and all went well. I now have the latest coreboot firmware (confirmed upon running again).
(2015-04-17, 14:43)Arse4life Wrote: Hi Matt,

I was wondering if a reboot was possible from Chrome OS?

sure, 'sudo reboot' from a terminal

(2015-04-17, 15:28)darebee Wrote: I tried v1.2 of the Standalone coreboot firmware updater. It did NOT prompt me if I wanted to continue or not. How do I determine if it did anything? I have the ASUS CHROMEBOX-M004U running an early version of the coreboot firmware.

FYI, I ran the following via SSH [ dmesg | grep "Panther" | pastebinit ] and got the output http://sprunge.us/BXLT

Thanks in advance.
-Darren

I just tested using the standalone updater script from the same firmware you have loaded, and had no issues, so I'm guessing whatever problem you had isn't related to the script or your current firmware, but most likely an incomplete download of the updater script. Esp since it didn't warn/prompt you, since that's the first thing it does, even before checking if an update is available
I am struggling to get my Asus Chromebox into developer mode.. I am not feeling any "click" or resistance when putting in the paper clip. How far down should I be pushing it?

I am using an Apple wireless keyboard, and hitting Command + D. Is this potentially the issue?

Thanks
(2015-04-17, 17:12)azzurri13 Wrote: I am struggling to get my Asus Chromebox into developer mode.. I am not feeling any "click" or resistance when putting in the paper clip. How far down should I be pushing it?

I am using an Apple wireless keyboard, and hitting Command + D. Is this potentially the issue?

Thanks

on mine, the recovery button is recessed about 1/2" from the opening, and pressing/releasing the button makes an audible click.

not sure what your keyboard has to do with the recovery button. You press the recovery button, power on, release the button. The ChromeOS recovery screen will show, then you press CTRL-D to switch to developer mode (then press the recovery button to confirm).
(2015-04-17, 17:17)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 17:12)azzurri13 Wrote: I am struggling to get my Asus Chromebox into developer mode.. I am not feeling any "click" or resistance when putting in the paper clip. How far down should I be pushing it?

Thanks

on mine, the recovery button is recessed about 1/2" from the opening, and pressing/releasing the button makes an audible click.

not sure what your keyboard has to do with the recovery button. You press the recovery button, power on, release the button. The ChromeOS recovery screen will show, then you press CTRL-D to switch to developer mode (then press the recovery button to confirm).

Hmm, I am not feeling or hearing this click at all.. Any idea on what to do?
Open up the box and take a look
(2015-04-17, 17:23)Matt Devo Wrote: Open up the box and take a look

So, looking with the box taken apart, when I put the paperclip in, it goes through with no resistance and no button appears to be pushed. It goes under the black plastic piece that looks like it is for the lock functionality
if you remove the black plastic piece, you should be able to see the button
(2015-04-17, 17:43)Matt Devo Wrote: if you remove the black plastic piece, you should be able to see the button

Any chance you could upload a picture? So I can compare
(2015-04-17, 17:51)azzurri13 Wrote: Any chance you could upload a picture? So I can compare

bottom right, next to SD card slot. white plastic button

• 276(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37