• 28(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
(2013-03-26, 13:06)javiede Wrote: Could anyone check if there´s 1080i listed as a available res. using OE 2.99.5 Artic built.? Maybe I´m doing something wrong with my Artic config.

Ok, total n00b here, but have you tried downloading the latest radeon drivers for Linux (or windows for that matter if you run xbmc in windows that is)? The GPU in the MC001 should be a Radeon Mobile 5430.
(2013-03-26, 13:06)javiede Wrote: Could anyone check if there´s 1080i listed as a available res. using OE 2.99.5 Artic built.? Maybe I´m doing something wrong with my Artic config.
You could first upgrade to Arctic OE 3.0 and test it yourself?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2013-03-27, 01:05)p750mmx Wrote:
You could first upgrade to Arctic OE 3.0 and test it yourself?

Upgraded to 3.0 but same results, I´m using a USB live option, very newbie too to implement resolutions in the system.
thank you anyway, appreciate it.
I am using Hybrid , Its my new skin of choice. Not as heavy as Nox, but a lot to offer. Great icons for genre. Everyone gets laughts out of that that see them .

R-2, Thriller Head, Hockey Mask, Cowboy, Fuuny Stuff to look at . Runs really nice on Artics too.

BTW, a plug for great artic support,

I have a Freezer Pro 7 HSF, that the fan gave out,

Emailed Support, Cedrick, emailed back within 2 hrs and said new fan on the way. No interregation, just good quick, friendly customer service.

10 Pts for Arctic Cooling
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
(2013-03-25, 18:52)javiede Wrote: Hi all,

I purchased my Artic few weeks ago from amazon, very happy with this box. I´d like to send 1080i signal to my old projector wich is YPbPr/VGA compatible (no HDMI input).
I´m using OE 2.99.5 Artic built, no way to see interlaced resolutions listed, just 1080p, 720p, etc. Is there a way to set 1080i and 960x540 (native res.) in order to keep enjoying
HD with my projector? Any help would be appreciated.

Your projector is probably progressive anyway (LCD projector) so 1080i input will just get converted to 960x540 internally in the projector.

To answer your question, what you want to do is pretty obscure so I doub the devs have tested it or even considered it. 99% of OE devs and users are using HDMI.
(2013-03-27, 16:51)voochi Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 18:52)javiede Wrote: Hi all,

I purchased my Artic few weeks ago from amazon, very happy with this box. I´d like to send 1080i signal to my old projector wich is YPbPr/VGA compatible (no HDMI input).
I´m using OE 2.99.5 Artic built, no way to see interlaced resolutions listed, just 1080p, 720p, etc. Is there a way to set 1080i and 960x540 (native res.) in order to keep enjoying
HD with my projector? Any help would be appreciated.

Your projector is probably progressive anyway (LCD projector) so 1080i input will just get converted to 960x540 internally in the projector.

To answer your question, what you want to do is pretty obscure so I doub the devs have tested it or even considered it. 99% of OE devs and users are using HDMI.

I´ve been playing HDTV50/HDTV60 with this projector (panny PT-AE300E) YPbPr connected to a Popcorn player since they are 1080p analogue compatible too.
That´s the reason I´m still using it with a decent pictures. Seeing it is PC 1080i compatible too, I thought I could get HD with the Arctic, but can´t see those res. listed.
(2013-03-27, 18:30)javiede Wrote: I´ve been playing HDTV50/HDTV60 with this projector (panny PT-AE300E) YPbPr connected to a Popcorn player since they are 1080p analogue compatible too.
That´s the reason I´m still using it with a decent pictures. Seeing it is PC 1080i compatible too, I thought I could get HD with the Arctic, but can´t see those res. listed.

This projector has a native resolution fo 960x540. That is the resolution you should use.

You are fooling yourself by wanting to use 1080i and thinking that somehow it would be HD.
I picked up the barebones MC001-N model from Amazon.us tonight along with a 32GB SSD and a 4GB Kingston ValueRAM module. I found out that this thing existed about 2 hours ago, looks very promising!

I went from using an AppleTV 2 and sold that (for a profit!) about a month ago. I've been using a Minix Neo-X5 since then and progress has kinda come to a standstill with development on the Android hardware accelerated support, I suppose they're focused on getting the Ouya solid before the release. When running on Android I'd say XBMC is about 75% 'there', it functions well enough, just don't expect to be running any sort of high bitrate 1080p mkvs and do expect the occasional strange behavior, and it's not exactly the fastest on the Neo X5. And another weird thing about the Neo X5 is that it doesn't really support true 1080p, they have some sort of weird alternate firmware that'll push out a 1080p signal but it's not 'officially' supported or some such nonsense. I believe in normal cases it just takes a 720p feed an upscales it to 1080p.

Anyway, I plan on using this box with Windows 8 for Netflix and Media Center for the ATSC tuner, but most importantly for VPN support with Cisco Anyconnect. I have a very abnormal set up with Mediaportal and require that I have a VPN connection to a remote site to use the LiveTV feature on XBMC (works great like this on my desktop). I have managed in the past to get vpnc up and running on a router with DD-WRT with the vpnc addon enabled and then let it handle the VPN instead of having client VPN software, it worked okay at best, much better performance with the Anyconnect client on the PC itself. I'd love to try an run OpenELEC but I can't seem to find any documentation about being able to connect to IPSEC style vpn connections with vpnc or otherwise, anyone tried this?
(2013-03-27, 21:48)voochi Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 18:30)javiede Wrote: I´ve been playing HDTV50/HDTV60 with this projector (panny PT-AE300E) YPbPr connected to a Popcorn player since they are 1080p analogue compatible too.

This projector has a native resolution fo 960x540. That is the resolution you should use.

You are fooling yourself by wanting to use 1080i and thinking that somehow it would be HD.

Voochi, I know this is not real HD since there´s a downscaling, but this is the best way to get he best of this projector and
with the popcorn connected I get a pretty decent picture to me see I can move to a new fullHD projector.
(2013-03-28, 12:24)javiede Wrote: Voochi, I know this is not real HD since there´s a downscaling, but this is the best way to get he best of this projector and
with the popcorn connected I get a pretty decent picture to me see I can move to a new fullHD projector.

The native resolution (960x540) should provide the best picture. If you supply the projector with a 1080i input signal then it converts it to 960x540 internally in the projector anyway.
Anyone know where to get one of these in Europe? They look great, but I can't find anywhere that still stocks them...
I'm curious as to why they have stopped selling the complete packages ... ?
I assume it's better to buy a barebones anyway ? I'm more a fan of AMD though than Intel.
(2013-03-29, 00:07)MediaPlayer Wrote: I'm curious as to why they have stopped selling the complete packages ... ?
I assume it's better to buy a barebones anyway ? I'm more a fan of AMD though than Intel.
Probably because there a no more left to sell? The same goes for the barebone's. Nothings left at the low prices that they where going for. What is left is to expensive.
Don't forget that this item has been dumped by Arctic, probably because it's a little out of date and to get people curious in buying them, they lowered the price to an all-time low. As for the AMD part, this item combines both, Intel CPU and AMD (ATI) GPU. Nothing wrong with that for those 100 euro's that the cheapest version was costing, or...?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Is anyone using the remote control supplied with the MC001 (ARCTIC MCR2)?
I'm on linux mint 14. All the buttons are not functional and sometimes, the direction arrows panic (it shifts from 5-6 positions instead of one).
Thanks.
(2013-03-29, 12:39)talvins Wrote: Is anyone using the remote control supplied with the MC001 (ARCTIC MCR2)?
I'm on linux mint 14. All the buttons are not functional and sometimes, the direction arrows panic (it shifts from 5-6 positions instead of one).
Thanks.

Have you tried Arctic Openelec version (just to be sure that is no hardware (remote) issue) ?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5