• 28(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
1. I don't see why not.
2. I doubt that'll happen. If it's a DVD rip then it's a DVD as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'll probably have xvid and divx flags.
1. nice Smile
2. the reason i asked about dvdrip is cause thats pretty much the "scene" standard to name SDDVD content with dvdrip and even the rips i've made i've tagged them as dvdrip but if you got xvid/divx tags then i guess i'll end up getting those displayed since i have that in the dirname also

ps .. i asked this a few pages ago didn't notice a response so i'll ask again .. will there be unique icons for 720p and 1080p HD or just one common one for HD in general
pletopia Wrote:1. nice Smile
2. the reason i asked about dvdrip is cause thats pretty much the "scene" standard to name SDDVD content with dvdrip and even the rips i've made i've tagged them as dvdrip but if you got xvid/divx tags then i guess i'll end up getting those displayed since i have that in the dirname also

ps .. i asked this a few pages ago didn't notice a response so i'll ask again .. will there be unique icons for 720p and 1080p HD or just one common one for HD in general

My collection is set up so that straight DVD files (anything with a VOB) has a folder with (DVD) in the title. Instead of having it prefer SDDVD or DVDRip, why not just scan the name for *dvd*?

Also, howabout a flag for CAM? I know the goal is HD content here, but it would be cool to have a little movie camera or something, just for fun.

xvid/divx tags are cool though. What about AAC or DTS?
it's really easy to add whatever you want when it's released.

for an image that will show if "whateveryouwantittomatch" is in the full path to the file:
Code:
<control type="image">
  <posx>0</posx>
  <posy>0</posy>
  <width>100</width>
  <height>100</height>
  <texture>imagename.png</texture>
  <visible>substring(ListItem.fileandpath,whateveryouwantittomatch</visible>
</control>
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Don't know if its relevant now, but I converted my real DVDs in *.iso Files. So you don't have to make any folders and XBMC can handle these files very good.
Hey djh_, is it currently possible or would it require new XBMC features to allow skins to display one of a pool of fanart images for movies and TV shows? This way multiple numbered fanart images could be displayed (randomly pick one then cycle through in order) for single items. If this is currently possible, can/will you implement this in Stark?
I figured "SDDVD" because "DVD" alone might return false positives from "HDDVD" as well. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to go with a simple "DVD" logo for rips. The idea is to take movie collections away from all the "scene" jargon as much as possible. I'll give it some thought.

@midgetspy: I don't know about that. It'd be an XBMC feature request if anything.
Well, having just spent two hours with XBMC Media Companion, a bottle of whiskey and a gun, I can safely say there are a few issues with XBMC's scraping of the IMDb, and indeed the IMDb itself. For one, the MPAA ratings on the IMDb are split between two fields: "Certification" and "MPAA". Neither XBMC nor XBMC Media Companion (XMC) can scrape from the former, which means you have to add those entries manually. Secondly, what the XBMC scraper considers "Studio" is actually "Company" on the IMDb, meaning that all sorts of junk data is pulled down. So rather than, say, Warner Bros being listed for The Matrix, what you actually get is Groucho Film Partnership. Useless, in other words, and another case of having to enter the values yourself.

So the good news (for me, at least): I've finally got all of Aeon's flags showing up properly for about 95 per cent of my movies. The only ones left out are obscure or regional studios which I'll just have to ignore.

The bad news: if you want to use this feature and have it work decently, you'll have to put in some work yourself. And that's not "work" as in clicking a few buttons on XMC, it's going through your collection one-by-one and correcting junk values. Oh, and I'd consider nfo files a necessity from now on.

Still, looks bloody nice in motion.
Smile 
Can't wait to see the new Aeon underway, and love your work!

I'm not sure if this is possible via skin, but have you considered having audio such as theme music when you are browsing through say... TV shows, or maybe a few movies, like Terminator??

I guess it would be a bit more processor intensive but it would add to the environment...

Just an idea...
Any new screens?
look back a page. he just posted some yesterday i think
djh_ Wrote:Still, looks bloody nice in motion.

Reading this made me really want to up the ante in asking for screen shots. Any chance of getting a small video capture of Stark actually "in motion" in the next round of shots?
There will be a video some point soon, but there's some retexturing that needs doing first. It is on the cards, though.
vincheesel Wrote:I'm not sure if this is possible via skin, but have you considered having audio such as theme music when you are browsing through say... TV shows, or maybe a few movies, like Terminator??

I guess it would be a bit more processor intensive but it would add to the environment...

Just an idea...

lol you could buy yourself a mac and use plex Smile tv theme music is a feature, and it is quite nice... also more relevent to your question, it would be an xbmc feature and not a skinnable one.

Can't wait for this release DJH.
djh_ Wrote:Well, having just spent two hours with XBMC Media Companion, a bottle of whiskey and a gun, I can safely say there are a few issues with XBMC's scraping of the IMDb, and indeed the IMDb itself. For one, the MPAA ratings on the IMDb are split between two fields: "Certification" and "MPAA". Neither XBMC nor XBMC Media Companion (XMC) can scrape from the former, which means you have to add those entries manually. Secondly, what the XBMC scraper considers "Studio" is actually "Company" on the IMDb, meaning that all sorts of junk data is pulled down. So rather than, say, Warner Bros being listed for The Matrix, what you actually get is Groucho Film Partnership. Useless, in other words, and another case of having to enter the values yourself.

Is it possible to scrape that info from somewhere else other than IMDB? Is so, and seeing as 75%+ of XBMC users will be using Stark, maybe BillyAd can resolve it in XMC.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3