• 29(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
Here it is

I realize I need to have the dark color scheme selected under appearance, but I uploaded this so you can see how there is an excessive amount of space inbetween tiles. Both in original xperience 1080 as well as in the screenshots in the original post the tiles are their normal sizes and there is just a tiny amount of space between them. I noticed the stroke when highlighting an image covers the correct amount of space as if the tiles were the size they are supposed to be but the tiles themselves are much smaller.

Here is xperience1080 for your comparions

(2014-01-14, 03:02)wex101 Wrote: Here it is

I realize I need to have the dark color scheme selected under appearance, but I uploaded this so you can see how there is an excessive amount of space inbetween tiles. Both in original xperience 1080 as well as in the screenshots in the original post the tiles are their normal sizes and there is just a tiny amount of space between them. I noticed the stroke when highlighting an image covers the correct amount of space as if the tiles were the size they are supposed to be but the tiles themselves are much smaller.

Here is xperience1080 for your comparions

Good spot, The space was needed only for the curved tiles so I have set the square ones back to how they were previously. Updated in version 3.0.20

For anyone interested in using the video nodes for your video add ons Below is a video of how it is done in Aeon Nox for the new MediaBrowser plugin (XMB3C), but it can be done with other add-ons too quite easily without needing to create xml for it. The bit about adding as a video node happens approx 1:25 into the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...dMI5G3Ehik
You have been so helpful and responsive thank you! For whatever reason many of the home screen tiles are editable when I click backspace on them anymore.
(2014-01-15, 03:32)wex101 Wrote: You have been so helpful and responsive thank you! For whatever reason many of the home screen tiles are editable when I click backspace on them anymore.

No problem, always looking for ways/ideas for improvements. The home section for example is an area I'm still not happy with...lots of wasted space. As for the editable tiles, that's one section I never test due to how my remote is set up. I guess for now you can just use the skin settings home section for editing the tiles...if you let me know which tiles do respond and which ones do not then it's probably something quite simple.
(2014-01-15, 11:38)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 03:32)wex101 Wrote: You have been so helpful and responsive thank you! For whatever reason many of the home screen tiles are editable when I click backspace on them anymore.

No problem, always looking for ways/ideas for improvements. The home section for example is an area I'm still not happy with...lots of wasted space. As for the editable tiles, that's one section I never test due to how my remote is set up. I guess for now you can just use the skin settings home section for editing the tiles...if you let me know which tiles do respond and which ones do not then it's probably something quite simple.

im85288 nice mod!
Just one thing, the Live TV section is an area I'm still not happy with (channel list, epg, ...) it is posible to re-design it with a more modern look? (for example add transparency, colors, big logo channels, ...). is the only are i'm still not happy with.

Thanks!
I didn't realize you could still edit those in the skin menu thanks! I am almost ready to switch, the only thing I feel like is missing is a good banner view for episodes. I am finding I am really missing the original bannerlist view from xperience 1080, ie: No poster, viewing many items off the list with ratings and all. The original bannerlist for viewing episodes is just simply brilliant in my opinion, my favorite for browsing episodes in any XBMC skin.
Update to 3.0.21

-- This release includes an Alternative Metro Home Section, utilising more space and the skin widgets a lot more.
-- The default colour has changed to what was previously dark, default changes to white and white changes to extremewhite.

watch gallery

(2014-01-16, 02:13)jodit Wrote: im85288 nice mod!
Just one thing, the Live TV section is an area I'm still not happy with (channel list, epg, ...) it is posible to re-design it with a more modern look? (for example add transparency, colors, big logo channels, ...). is the only are i'm still not happy with.

Thanks!

I am totally with you on this one, however I cannot think of anything good to put there. I thought about a widget with images like the TV shows section..but then what images would go there..I am open to suggestions if you have a sort of mockup that is achievable? In fact anyone reading this with ideas for the Live TV section please share them as I do agree six tiles on their own are a bit boring!

(2014-01-16, 04:18)wex101 Wrote: I didn't realize you could still edit those in the skin menu thanks! I am almost ready to switch, the only thing I feel like is missing is a good banner view for episodes. I am finding I am really missing the original bannerlist view from xperience 1080, ie: No poster, viewing many items off the list with ratings and all. The original bannerlist for viewing episodes is just simply brilliant in my opinion, my favorite for browsing episodes in any XBMC skin.

Yeah that should be simple enough to include, I'll keep it in mind and include it in a future update.
Thank you for your new update. You are faster than fast. I've tried to change the horizontal home menu. So I include the Background from the ccm Skin because I like the live cases and Raindrops. But it's not easy, you are so fast with your Updates... maybe you will include this...

Thanks again
Sveni_lee
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Rainbow 
Lovely skin.. keep up the good work Smile Cool
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

Nice update!

Just a little bit of feedback on the new update. On some of the scrolling tiles such as movies even though the size of the tile was to be wider, the poster image is still being used instead of the fanart making things look distorted and stretched. Perhaps consider having those tiles use fanart when that size? Also for some reason I am unable to reach the two scrolling lists on the home menu item. When I press down to activate those items I jump over them and straight onto the power menu button.
(2014-01-18, 00:24)sveni_lee Wrote: Thank you for your new update. You are faster than fast. I've tried to change the horizontal home menu. So I include the Background from the ccm Skin because I like the live cases and Raindrops. But it's not easy, you are so fast with your Updates... maybe you will include this...

Thanks again
Sveni_lee

Thanks, this one was quite a big change. I had never heard of the ccm skin but had a look and there are some cool customisation options going on there! I'll keep your requests in mind as most of my changes are focused on the metro view but I guess these backgrounds could be applied in both horizontal and metro view.

(2014-01-18, 13:44)akya Wrote: Lovely skin.. keep up the good work Smile Cool

Thanks, I think it is almost exactly as I want it now..with the exception of the Live TV area! Latest idea is for it to show something like the last 8 recordings..but no idea if that is possible on the Home screen.

(2014-01-18, 22:00)wex101 Wrote: Nice update!

Just a little bit of feedback on the new update. On some of the scrolling tiles such as movies even though the size of the tile was to be wider, the poster image is still being used instead of the fanart making things look distorted and stretched. Perhaps consider having those tiles use fanart when that size? Also for some reason I am unable to reach the two scrolling lists on the home menu item. When I press down to activate those items I jump over them and straight onto the power menu button.

Thanks I missed the Movies one, yes it should always be the opposite shown in the bottom panel. The bottom panel is view only and cannot be navigated to, so jumping over to the power button is by design. The two scrolling widgets are on the left the setting you have for Home background (so if it is set to fanart it scrolls fanart) and on the right just the weather (which uses the weather directory set in the weather section)
im85288. Pretty new to XBMC, and this is an awesome skin! I'm using the latest Frodo edition and there's a "bug" with the Apps Layout being off center (much more to the right side) when displaying it in the NON-alternate layout. For now I just workaround this by showing it as the alternate layout. Though I'm sure you're already aware of this.

I particularly love the additional Views you've included. Keep it up! The more the merrier Smile

I know you mention that you can customize all home screen icons. Do you mean even say the TV Guide icon? I'd love to be able to have it set to launch the Windows Media Center TV guide since I'm using a cable card tuner and cannot use copy-once content within XBMC.

I also notice that Advanced Launcher views are limited to List and Details. Is that correct? I know the official Xperience1080 has many more, which is why I was surprised given how many additional views you've added for Movies. I'm on 2.3.8 for Frodo.
(2014-01-19, 04:40)onlinespending Wrote: im85288. Pretty new to XBMC, and this is an awesome skin! I'm using the latest Frodo edition and there's a "bug" with the Apps Layout being off center (much more to the right side) when displaying it in the NON-alternate layout. For now I just workaround this by showing it as the alternate layout. Though I'm sure you're already aware of this.

I particularly love the additional Views you've included. Keep it up! The more the merrier Smile

I know you mention that you can customize all home screen icons. Do you mean even say the TV Guide icon? I'd love to be able to have it set to launch the Windows Media Center TV guide since I'm using a cable card tuner and cannot use copy-once content within XBMC.

I also notice that Advanced Launcher views are limited to List and Details. Is that correct? I know the official Xperience1080 has many more, which is why I was surprised given how many additional views you've added for Movies. I'm on 2.3.8 for Frodo.

Thanks, glad your enjoying the mod. I was not aware of the bug with the Apps layout (as I always have it turned off in my view). However I did recently fix it for the alternative metro view so will include this for the normal view..but only on the Gotham version as the Frodo version is frozen in time now Blush

You can change all of the editable tiles, like for example the TV Guide tile but again this is a Gotham only feature.

As for the lack of views for Advanced Launcher..it's simply due to that being an area I have never looked into, I'll add some further ones like the original Xperience1080 for a future update.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. BTW, I also noticed that the white Power and Favorites icons on the home screen have odd borders to them. It's as if the alpha blending is turned off around the edges of the icons. I don't see this behavior in the original skin.
Hi, I have one question.. I am using the horizontal view on home screen.. How do I change which menu items appear on home screen? I am using latest Gotham build btw Smile Oh and thee is Icon missing on that horizontal view for Settings..
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9