MySQL Databse Problem
What does the mysql log tell you?
yeah so my databases were getting well messy innit. Deleted them all and removed the <name> from advancedsettings.xml after giving xbmc full perms. Fired it up and it created its own dbs myvideos57 and mymusic18.

Lets see wot appens from ere innit.
Smile 
Memphiz Wrote:the integer is the db structure version ... its just same as it was with sqlite before ... devs "just" made it more equal to each other ...

Hi all,

I could use some help on this, too.
I am running Pre-Eden from Dec 11th, 2011 on an htpc.

1. created the user 'xbmc'
2. granted permissions

mysql> show grants for xbmc;
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for xbmc@% |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'blabla' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%'
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

3. let xbmc create the database on its own
4. imported my library
5. entered the name of the newly created database in advancedsettings.xml
6. restarted xbmc
7. xbmc copied the database to a new one
8. I changed the *.xml to point to the new database

Now, on every restart, xbmc creates a new database that I cannot connect to, because the name differs from the one in the .xml. It keeps counting up.It's like a vicious circle.

MyVideos58
MyVideos5858
MyVideos585858

Before Pre-Eden I ran my box with Dharma 10.1 (Live)
In addition I ran xbmc on my ipad; the nightly from Dec 10th.
First I installed mysql on xbmclive Dharma 10.1.
Strangely enough everything was fine. My ipad would update the database and the library would'nt be compatible with 10.1 anymore. But at least the upgrade was done only once. After that I was able to use the database with the ipad.

Any ideas?

I woul greatly appreciate any help

PS: I also tried connection as 'root'; same thing happened
@bobdude - dont' update the advanced settings file. If the name of the DB is MyVideos, and a db is made named MyVideos58, leave it as MyVideos in the xml file. The software will append the # automatically.
whaHuh OK, if that's true, I will jump out the window.
Thank you! Once I've verified it works, I will thank you again! Big Grin
OK, so I reinstalled xbmc-live stable, installed mysql, imported the library and updated to xbmc unstable. now everything works fine with the shared database.
I ran into some other problems now, connecting from my ipad to the shared library.
It has something to do with the pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml, I guess.
I'll do some research for that in the forums. Thanks again for the help!!
No problem - can't help you with any iPad stuff, I'm a LIVE user only, but I've been running a shared MySQL install since installing Dharma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Databse Problem0