• 3(current)
Audio drops if Enable Passthru is enabled
(2015-11-10, 15:42)sandro1976 Wrote: Hi victorvdc,

I think we all respect and are grateful to the kodi team: if we are here is because we consider it a very good software.

If I understand correctly the link i posted here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2140817 all the matter is about a lack of implementation of certain API (MediaCodec) by the Firmware developers (that are different from the Kodi developers).

So I think it's not a problem with the chipset neither with the Kodi software, but it is a problem with the vendor of the hardware platform (that is usually responsible also for the fw).

I have two work arounds. "Archos Media Player' and "MX Player Pro" they both pass through audio with no problems. So there is nothing wrong with the Hardware or Firmware also this problem does not seem to be specific with my device only.

I am sure the Kodi team will be able to work this bug out. Kodi does have many other advantages over the other two players I mentioned. And yes we all appreciate their work.
So can we have kodi play using mx player somehow? Spmc 14.2 is the only build that plays 5.1 sound no problem for me with my minix x7. I have tried Jarvis but it drops out like isengard.
Close to fix found !!! Please help test.

I have a process to recreate the problem and a process to FIX the problem.

1 If I run Kodi after a reboot of the Android device the problem occurs every time.

2 If I open Archos Video player or the Native Android Video player and play a video with pass through for a few seconds. Close it then If I then open Kodi the problem is gone until the system is re-booted.

It seems to me that the Archos Video player or the Native player set some configuration in the hardware or firmware decoders which fixes the problem. (I tried MX player pro too. It plays ok but has no affect on Kodi operation)
If you are monitoring this thread and have the same problem please try this fix to see if it works for you.

Referenced are 2 logs . First when the audio is cutting out. Second when fixed. (Search for ‘Babylon” to find the start of the video). I tested this on the Jarvis Beta 3 release many times

Hopefully this will help the Kodi developers fix the problem. My guess is that it is not a big change in the players code but more of just getting the start up configuration right.
In the mean time I have a simple fix to remove the problem so it is now only a minor inconvenience for me. Other than some jitter fixed by putting my rooted device in “Performance“ mode my videos are playing great.

Full logs
Dropouts occurring http://xbmclogs.com/pgdo7ahue
Dropouts Fixed http://xbmclogs.com/pfohue067
That's good news!
(2015-12-15, 05:43)victorvdc Wrote: Close to fix found !!! Please help test.

I have a process to recreate the problem and a process to FIX the problem.

1 If I run Kodi after a reboot of the Android device the problem occurs every time.

2 If I open Archos Video player or the Native Android Video player and play a video with pass through for a few seconds. Close it then If I then open Kodi the problem is gone until the system is re-booted.

It seems to me that the Archos Video player or the Native player set some configuration in the hardware or firmware decoders which fixes the problem. (I tried MX player pro too. It plays ok but has no affect on Kodi operation)
If you are monitoring this thread and have the same problem please try this fix to see if it works for you.

Referenced are 2 logs . First when the audio is cutting out. Second when fixed. (Search for ‘Babylon” to find the start of the video). I tested this on the Jarvis Beta 3 release many times

Hopefully this will help the Kodi developers fix the problem. My guess is that it is not a big change in the players code but more of just getting the start up configuration right.
In the mean time I have a simple fix to remove the problem so it is now only a minor inconvenience for me. Other than some jitter fixed by putting my rooted device in “Performance“ mode my videos are playing great.

Full logs
Dropouts occurring http://xbmclogs.com/pgdo7ahue
Dropouts Fixed http://xbmclogs.com/pfohue067
So, does it work?
Tnx
I've been fighting with this on my Beelink i68G with Rockchip 3368 for quite some time now. I finally managed to get it to work, but it isn't an overly straightforward solution.

In general, I needed to do four major steps:

1) Flash the Wasser 3.1.3 firmware
2) Extract the Kodi 16 beta 4 build and librkffplayer.so from the Zidoo X6 1.0.30 firmware (I downloaded the full image and extracted the .so and apk files)
3) Use root explorer to set RW for the system library folder and replace the original librkffplayer.so in the Wasser rom with the Zidoo one and set the same permissions as with the other .so files
4) Install the Zidoo version of Kodi

The only issue that I now have is a lack of proper auto refresh switching for 23.976 content. I was able to modify the code in the frequency switcher addon to make it switch, but synchronization was poor due to bitstreaming the audio (I assume that it cannot properly use the audio for timecode reference). Overall, though, other than the 24p switching, everything seems to play very well and seems to be far more fluid and stable than with the stock setup. I've even passes 7.1 DTS-MA with perfect synchronization, and the nagging Netflix sync issue is also inherently fixed through the firmware update.
(2016-02-17, 22:38)Aaron407 Wrote: I've been fighting with this on my Beelink i68G with Rockchip 3368 for quite some time now. I finally managed to get it to work, but it isn't an overly straightforward solution.

In general, I needed to do four major steps:

1) Flash the Wasser 3.1.3 firmware
2) Extract the Kodi 16 beta 4 build and librkffplayer.so from the Zidoo X6 1.0.30 firmware (I downloaded the full image and extracted the .so and apk files)
3) Use root explorer to set RW for the system library folder and replace the original librkffplayer.so in the Wasser rom with the Zidoo one and set the same permissions as with the other .so files
4) Install the Zidoo version of Kodi

The only issue that I now have is a lack of proper auto refresh switching for 23.976 content. I was able to modify the code in the frequency switcher addon to make it switch, but synchronization was poor due to bitstreaming the audio (I assume that it cannot properly use the audio for timecode reference). Overall, though, other than the 24p switching, everything seems to play very well and seems to be far more fluid and stable than with the stock setup. I've even passes 7.1 DTS-MA with perfect synchronization, and the nagging Netflix sync issue is also inherently fixed through the firmware update.

Thank you for the information. I will try this. why not the Wasser Kodi-15.2 version?.
The Wasser 15.1 Kodi build still had passthrough audio dropouts every few seconds. The 15.2 version fixed this, but there were terrible sync problems with every video.
(2016-02-22, 16:27)Aaron407 Wrote: The Wasser 15.1 Kodi build still had passthrough audio dropouts every few seconds. The 15.2 version fixed this, but there were terrible sync problems with every video.

Is the Kodi apk file into the system/preinstall directory?. There is a new Zidoo X6 Pro firmware version:

http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList...3D%3D.html
Yeah, that's the one that I used. That firmware also includes the librkffplayer.so library file that needs to replace the original.
Hi. I tried pass-through on development version 17. Unfortunately I am getting no pass-through audio at all so I cant test this problem.

I submitted logs to a new thread about the no audio problem.
I can confirm in version 17 no Passthrough, i used MXpro as external player and it works perfect on local media, but when streaming from my nas the player won't start.
We can conclude that the issue is in the internal player and for some reason Kodi team can'f figure it out...

maybe they should change there codecs or something in the internal player.......
i tried many different kodi versions and none works with DD5.1 flawless
If "Sync Playback to Display" is enable kodi v17 won't play any passthrough audio. So verify that this is off.

Here is a testsample: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...20Test.avi

A Debug Log is mandatory to fix such issues.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Didn't see that option....will check tomorrow
"Sync Playback to Display" is off by default after installation in kodi 17

Still no sound at all when passtrough is enabled, when disabled i get pcm stereo sound.
I have the logfile but it's to big to post here, i can mail it if you want?

But still.....it must be something in the Kodi videoplayer.......even the android standard player has no problems witth multichannel audio....
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio drops if Enable Passthru is enabled3