• 3(current)
Android MXQ Box
(2016-06-08, 08:48)DaLanik Wrote: Aha, so you request from users to be "politticaly correct" but that doesn't apply to you when you speak about your beliefs? Imagine someone here calling Kodi "crap"Huh Would you like that? You are the same extremist as anyone. Either we behave like civilized human beings or we don't. Don't offend anyone. There simply is no need to use words like "crap". You can state what you don't like about something, but word "crap" just tells me your fanatic.

Copy/paste? Who cares about copy/paste? I have this box for couple of months and I never even figured ot copy/paste doesn't work (if it really doesn't). You really edit something on Android box that you'd need copy/paste?

Updates? What updates!Huh Samsung doesn't have updates! The development is going so fast that getting updates is Sci-Fi. At least this box is cheap you can buy a new one each year (unlike Samsung phones which cost 20x more)

Wifi is a bit slow, that is true but cable works just fine.

Anyway, for the price, it is a great box. If it is loaded with bloatware, you can uninstall all of it and install clean Kodi, as I have done....

Is shit better? Should I call it shit? No one is being asked to be politically correct (where did you even get that from?). Box sellers that pre-load shit-modded versions of Kodi on their hardware hurt the Kodi project. I think we're well within our rights to call it crap, shit, fucking garbage, or anything else like that.

Development going so fast? Updates are sci-fi? What the heck are you talking about? It's not just a matter of getting the latest features, it's about broken and often outdated software being loaded on this hardware in the first place. You don't even get a year to use it if the included firmware is garbage. You also have to look out for people who sell on ebay that install backdoors on these boxes for "support" (and then later get everything remotely uninstalled because they got mad at the seller. Really).

Is it possible to get a non-crap MXQ? Probably. Can people just reflash the firmware with something that isn't' garbage? Yep. Until they do that, it's still a fair label. So, stop getting so butthurt about garbage boxes from ebay. Why do you care? The only people who are going to be "hurt" in this situation are the assholes selling crappy boxes with crappy software.
This shows main problem with cheap chinese devices. Good hardware, crappy software.
Yes, copy paste is important. Yes, update server not exist anymore is wtf. I guess manufacturer does not exist any longer. Since there is no manufacturer, nobody is going to feel bad when I call MXQ crap.
Interesting read of how all these MXQ tv boxes came into being.
http://matricom.net/generic-chinese-andr...tic-g-box/
OK, if it makes you feel better... I'm so stupid even to get into argument with such rude people like you, but considering you're american it's no wonder....
I'm not an american. Look at my broken english
@DaLanik, You should come and live here in the land down under where the Brits shipped a bunch of their criminal convicts many years ago...

Here we call our friends dickheads all the time as a sign of affection. Anyone embellishing the truth is called a "Wanker" and crap Hardware is definitely called Shithouse, or Shit to shorten it Wink

So all these Cocksucker, Wankers selling Pirate Shit MXQ Hardware on Ebay or Amazon and hurting the Kodi project itself deserve every form of descriptive Slang coming their way. We really don't give a crap.

BTW: Ned Scott is actually being pretty Polite Wink

@wrxtasy: I'm not interested in politics of "amazon box sellers are hurting Kodi" etc. It simply is not nice to use such language, period. Imagine you had Shield or any other hardware and asked a question about it and somebody replied in same tone?
Anyone running OpenELEC or LibreELEC on their MXQ Pro boxes decently?

I have a Shield now as my main box, so I would like to wipe the crap OS off my MXQ Pro box and have the lightweight *ELEC running for one of the other rooms in the home.
(2016-06-08, 15:45)DaLanik Wrote: @wrxtasy: I'm not interested in politics of "amazon box sellers are hurting Kodi" etc. It simply is not nice to use such language, period. Imagine you had Shield or any other hardware and asked a question about it and somebody replied in same tone?

it is a broken, unsupported crappy piece of garbage. period Wink
perhaps we should have "banned hardware" section in our wiki, with MXQ on top of the list.
Oh no. Let me propose different approach. Create official openelec build for MXQ hardware.

P.S. I tested new MXQ Pro (on Lollipop). It's funny how much pirate stuff is there. Not only pirated Kodi build, with tons of pirate addons showing directly on main Kodi screen (no need to go to Menu->Video->Addons, pirate addon links are inserted on top main Kodi menu) but also 5 pirate android apps, giving direct access to pirate movie streams, available for watch or download
(2016-06-10, 11:06)stefansaraev Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 15:45)DaLanik Wrote: @wrxtasy: I'm not interested in politics of "amazon box sellers are hurting Kodi" etc. It simply is not nice to use such language, period. Imagine you had Shield or any other hardware and asked a question about it and somebody replied in same tone?

it is a broken, unsupported crappy piece of garbage. period Wink

Well as I said, you must have psychological problems because this makes you feel better... inferiority complex?

What about support? What does that mean anyway? Who cares about support? The devices nowdays are designed to last a year or two, even big companies don't support anything anymore....
(2016-06-10, 12:35)giaur Wrote: Oh no. Let me propose different approach. Create official openelec build for MXQ hardware.

P.S. I tested new MXQ Pro (on Lollipop). It's funny how much pirate stuff is there. Not only pirated Kodi build, with tons of pirate addons showing directly on main Kodi screen (no need to go to Menu->Video->Addons, pirate addon links are inserted on top main Kodi menu) but also 5 pirate android apps, giving direct access to pirate movie streams, available for watch or download

So what? Are we talking about pirated stuff or a box here? What do you care if there is pirated stuff, if it's not KODI related?
(2016-06-10, 11:12)stefansaraev Wrote: perhaps we should have "banned hardware" section in our wiki, with MXQ on top of the list.

Yeeeees, ban anything that's not to the taste of the "cohosen few", enlightened ones, 99% probably americans loved all over the world and bringers of democracy, prosperity and piece....
(2016-06-10, 14:34)DaLanik Wrote:
(2016-06-10, 11:12)stefansaraev Wrote: perhaps we should have "banned hardware" section in our wiki, with MXQ on top of the list.

Yeeeees, ban anything that's not to the taste of the "cohosen few", enlightened ones, 99% probably americans loved all over the world and bringers of democracy, prosperity and piece....

are you serious ?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ Box0