• 3(current)
tinyMediaManager v4 and future plans
I was just considering to contribute since I have used your program for a year or so and it makes my life so much easier. You have my full support with the new route and I will purchase my license as soon as the first stable release is out! Also, I applaud your decission of keeping the program open source, I know it is one good reason for many, including me, to continue using your program.

PD: It's not the best place to ask this but, are there any plans to include a built-in backup/restore option? What is the recommended approach now?
(2020-09-26, 13:46)mlaggner Wrote: just use the tinyMediaManager executable - there is no more special executable needed for the CMD interface (tinyMediaManager.exe on Windows, tinyMediaManager on Linux, Contents/MacOS/tinyMediaManager on macOS)

Thank you very much!
I have donated in the past and received an email with my coupon code.

My question is in relation to the timing of using this code.

v3 works fine for me (except for the scraped ratings often including the word "Rated" in the rating itself) so I have no need to immediately upgrade, but I am okay updating to v4 before the end of the year and paying an annual fee.

If I decide to upgrade now, will my annual license start immediately?  If I wait until 12/31/20 to download the license will it be good for one year from that date?  Not trying to be nitpicky, just don't see the reason to upgrade early if it means the license will expire earlier.

Thanks.
the year will start as soon as you use the coupon - so you can wait until end of the year Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-09-23, 17:45)mlaggner Wrote: by the way: pre-releases for v4 are up (http://prerelease.tinymediamanager.org/). For all interested users, you can try them (and use/test the upgrade steps from v3 - https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/upgrade-v4)
Is this pre-release the same as the 09-29 nightly?
If I want to switch from nightly to this release, download pre-release and install in same location?

I think for me everything is working now with 09-29 nightly and maybe want to switch.

update: Was easy, downloaded normal release 4.02 and extracted zip in same location.
Just tried V4. Where should we comment about version 4? Here?
you can create a new thread if you want to start a new discussion.. if you found a bug or have a feature request, please open an issue at gitlab
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-09-23, 09:00)mlaggner Wrote: @A600 this is planned for a long time, but we still did not find a good solution which is not too complicated for our users.. tbh this is not my core competence - I hope Myron can give you an answer
About the update Kodi library option: I coded a solution that works pretty well; it uses tasks and an updated kodi-json-rpc lib that supports the VideoLibrary.OnScanFinished notification:

What do you think?
Sorry for not responding earlier - having barely time for TMM these days...

Developers are always welcome;
Please share your modifications, or create a pull request... i'll have a look.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-10-01, 22:02)myron Wrote: Please share your modifications, or create a pull request... i'll have a look.

Ok, I'll try to create a PR this weekend.
Hi, 

Long time user. Just wanted to say thanks for the great work. Not very technical, so I can't help there. But, I will certainly buy a license. The work you have done on the software is very much worth ~$12.

Thank you.
Just purchased the 1 year for v4. Very reasonable price for such great software and support, you guys deserve compensation for your work... it was an easy purchase. Thanks!
(2020-10-05, 06:04)Cory1980 Wrote: Just purchased the 1 year for v4. Very reasonable price for such great software and support, you guys deserve compensation for your work... it was an easy purchase. Thanks!
Same here. With almost 1.000 movies (mkv's) I have no choice ;-). Have to admit: you guys created a great tool in combi with KODI. For many years now my cheap and simple Raspberry Pi 2 serves our whole family with great movies, pictures, ... All managed in TinyMediaManager > local NFO's. Keep up the great work. Love to pay for this super software tool. Regards, ClenMaster
Regards and thanks for your help, CM
having done some work on projects in the past, i fully understand the need for a subscription but is there any chance of an alternative/additional payment service rather than just having paddle?
hi,

good tool ; but very disappointed that the v4 is not free
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager v4 and future plans0