Lucid Lynx
olejon Wrote:Great. Can anyone confirm that VDPAU works in the stable PPA?

I can confirm it.
What is the build no. of the stable PPA package?
vdpau from the PPA is not the problem, the driver is. the ppa doesn't have nvidia driver yet, if ever as nouveau interferes with the driver, not sure if nvidia-current works?
tomolac Wrote:vdpau from the PPA is not the problem, the driver is. the ppa doesn't have nvidia driver yet, if ever as nouveau interferes with the driver, not sure if nvidia-current works?

Not sure how to test but uptime gives me :

Quote:3 users, load average: 0.17, 0.19, 0.07

After playing an 1080p movie on my N330 so I guess it works.
derchris Wrote:What is the build no. of the stable PPA package?

it's 9.11 in stable ppa for lucid.

tomolac Wrote:vdpau from the PPA is not the problem, the driver is. the ppa doesn't have nvidia driver yet, if ever as nouveau interferes with the driver, not sure if nvidia-current works?
vdpau is working fine with nvidia-current and libvdau.
Tried to install XBMC on Lucid via the following commands:

> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
> sudo apt-get update

Unfortunately, upon start, it is extraordinarily slow that I can basically not do anything. It is basically as frozen. I am just refering to the home screen, not even getting anything close to watching movies...
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

$ sudo apt-cache show nvidia-current
Package: nvidia-current
Priority: optional
Section: restricted/misc
Installed-Size: 129572
Maintainer: Ubuntu Core Developers <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Source: nvidia-graphics-drivers
Version: 195.36.15-0ubuntu2

This driver works pefectly fine with vdpau. No problem, none ....

boba
that's not too bad for the official repository, their usually months behind the nvidia releases.
but after waiting a few hours and wading through numerous failed to download messages with the minimal install as the servers were overloaded and then getting hash code errors with the nvidia download and then xbmc not let me add any directories, I gave up with lucid and went back to karmic. guess I should have checked the nvidia-current version first (195.36.24 is the latest from nvidia site) I know that the native nouveau driver doesn't support vdpau, but hearing that the repositories version is quite up to date I might try again.
hmm had to add upower and hal to the install list in order to get mine to shutdown from the menu (zotac ionitx - f) but it seems to be up and running now.
Quote:hmm had to add upower and hal to the install list in order to get mine to shutdown from the menu

yes, that seem to work fine. Do you get usb mount to work? A few more packages are needed I think. Perhaps it is better to compile from svn.
Working on a patch to camelot that hopefully will be pushed to ppa.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Quote:Working on a patch to camelot that hopefully will be pushed to ppa
Nice. Let me know if I can help with testing. I have vm ready to go.
vikjon0 Wrote:yes, that seem to work fine. Do you get usb mount to work? A few more packages are needed I think. Perhaps it is better to compile from svn.

all my files are streamed over network, not tested usb mounting, it is running from a usb flash drive though.
I'm using Lucid with the latest pvrtesting 2 builds with latest VDPAU drivers and haven't had any problems with audio over hdmi
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72940
Press THANK USER if I Help
I finally got a dedicated machine running Lucid and installed XBMC from ppa and for me it is still a bit sluggish and for some reason when I click on TV Shows it crashes.

I am using the Aeon Showmix skin and here is the crashlog http://pastebin.com/m4yzZ7Mb

nVidia Driver Version: 195.36.15

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lucid Lynx0