Asus at5iont-i
There are also a few other things to point out. The open ended x4 slot is really only an x1 slot. The NM10 only provides 4 x1s or 1 x4. If you add up all of the devices that use PCIe, you'll find that there is more than 4.

PCIe slot
PCIe Mini slot (deluxe only)
USB 3.0
eSata
Gigabit Ethernet
Nvidia ION 2

The way they get around this is by using a PCIe switch from Pericom. I've posted information about this in another forum. Only time will tell what affect this has on performance.

One last thing to note is that there is a bit of marketing hype around Optimus technology from Nvidia which is supposed to save power. In theory, this allows you to seamlessly switch between use lower end/power graphics from the Atom when you don't need the higher end/power graphics from the ION 2. Well, that's all fine and dandy but if what I've heard is correct, you have to use ION 2 all the time with HDMI so anyone using HDMI as their video out, will not get the power savings that someone with a netbook would.
nijaju Wrote:One last thing to note is that there is a bit of marketing hype around Optimus technology from Nvidia which is supposed to save power. In theory, this allows you to seamlessly switch between use lower end/power graphics from the Atom when you don't need the higher end/power graphics from the ION 2. Well, that's all fine and dandy but if what I've heard is correct, you have to use ION 2 all the time with HDMI so anyone using HDMI as their video out, will not get the power savings that someone with a netbook would.

Optimus is only for the internal laptop/netbook screens (to save battery power), it definitely is not implemented on this board and would be pointless on a HTPC mobo anyway.

I would assume the packet switch chip makes no difference to performance unless you use all devices simultaneously.
Any ideas on when the MB will be released? I cannot find it anywhere.
it is released. Atleast here in sweden. Setting up mine right now
Found a blog post with unboxing images for the deluxe version

http://techinstyle.tv/products/asus-at5i...g-preview/
at5iont version 1.03 has an issue with the pcie x1 slot does not recognize the cards .. at least most dvb cards

asus is working on this and here is an email i got from them

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Rocky and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.
Hello,

Our RD department are still doing their best to design new BIOS for the motherboard which is expected to meet the maximum satisfaction of the required supports. And we will release the new version once we get one, then you may make the BIOS update for a test. So please pay close attention to the download page and wait patiently. About the time interval of the BIOS, you may refer to the previous versions.

And sorry for any inconvenience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus at5iont-i0