• 3(current)
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]
This is the 4th version of my MOD for the Alaska Revisted theme for the Launcher Addon use.
This version add a new view (Marquee) to view marquees of arcade games.

Download:
launcher.panels.views.20101012.zip
The Launcher Panels Views MOD avec been tested on XBMC (SVN 34593) using Alaska Revisited v1.7.1 and Launcher v1.10.2

Installation:
1. Download the zip file and extract the 5 files (Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Marquee_Panel.xml and Viewtype_Emu_Landscape.xml) into /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/

2. Add the following line to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
Code:
<views>55,500,501,502,503,504</views>

3. Then, add the 5 following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <include>Viewtype_Files</include>
Code:
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Marquee_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Landscape</include>

4. Next, add the 5 following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/Includes.xml just before <include file="Viewtype_Panel.xml" />
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Marquee_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Landscape.xml" />

5. Add the following 6 lines at the end of /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/language/English/strings.xml before </strings>
Code:
<string id="40000">SQUARE</string>
<string id="40001">TALL</string>
<string id="40002">Manufacturer</string>
<string id="40003">Year</string>
<string id="40004">WIDE</string>
<string id="40005">MARQUEE</string>

6.Finally, replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py code (v1.10.2) by this one : http://pastebin.com/jYZZYYzg

Example of the consoles landscape view (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<launcher>
    <name>Nintendo 64</name>
    <application>/usr/bin/mupen64plus</application>
    <args>--nogui --noask --noosd --fullscreen </args>
    <rompath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/</rompath>
    <romext>z64</romext>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/console.png</thumb>
    <fanart></fanart>
    <genre>64-bit</genre>
    <release>1996</release>
    <publisher>Nintendo</publisher>
    <launcherplot></launcherplot>
    <wait>true</wait>
    <roms>
    </roms>
</launcher>
Example of square covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Kingdom hearts - chain of memories</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/roms/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.gba</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/covers/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/fanarts/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Role-Playing</genre>
    <release>2004</release>
    <publisher>Square Enix</publisher>
    <gameplot>Sora, the Kingdom Hearts' hero from the first game, wanders into a castle where he and his companions, Donald and Goofy, realize their magic and skills, earned in the first game, have been completely stripped away. Sora must traverse the castle on his own this time.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example of tall covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Phantasy star iv</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/roms/Phantasy Star IV.bin</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/covers/Phantasy Star IV.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/fanarts/Phantasy Star IV.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Role-Playing</genre>
    <release>1994</release>
    <publisher>Sega</publisher>
    <gameplot>When the central computer system of Palma, Mother Brain, exploded 2000 years ago, the planet was destroyed. Other planets under the control of Mother Brain were affected as well, including Motavia, home of Chaz the Hunter. The deterioration of Motavia most notably included the creation of horrendous Bio-Monsters. As Phantasy Star IV begins, Chaz is not aware that it is in his destiny to not only stop these monsters -- but also to save the galaxy.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example of wide covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>International superstar soccer</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/International Superstar Soccer.smc</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/covers/International Superstar Soccer.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/fanarts/International Superstar Soccer.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Sport</genre>
    <release>1995</release>
    <publisher>Konami</publisher>
    <gameplot>Konami's International Superstar Soccer, which is endorsed by star player Carlos Valderrama  of Colombia, is a soccer game featuring 36 countries from around the world and the chance to play in the International Cup tournament.</gameplot>
</rom>

Example of marquees view (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Marvel Vs. Capcom - Clash of Super Heroes</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/arcades/roms/mvsc.zip</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/arcades/marquees/mvsc.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/arcades/fanarts/mvsc.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Fighting</genre>
    <release>1998</release>
    <publisher>Capcom</publisher>
    <gameplot>Marvel vs. Capcom is a hand-to-hand combat game featuring fighters from video games developed by Capcom and super-heroes from Marvel Comic Books. Capcom characters include Mega Man, along with various characters from Capcom's Street Fighter II series. Marvel heroes include Spider-Man and the Hulk, among others.</gameplot>
</rom>

Actually the scrapper of the launcher adddon only support (more or less) the automatic add/importation of covers images (thumbs). For the other information (screenshot, games genre and games plot) you have to add them manually into the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file. That's still not perfect, but it works.
Thank you sooo much angelscry. Keep up the wonderful work Smile
Is MOD 4 related just to roms ? What about showing up (Plot, Year, Genre, ... ) in Standalone exe's (PC Games) too Huh
butchabay Wrote:Is MOD 4 related just to roms ? What about showing up (Plot, Year, Genre, ... ) in Standalone exe's (PC Games) too Huh
No, it works also for stand-alone exexcutable files. Actually the mod did not shows year and publisher name. Maybe I will add those informations into views for next versions of the mod, but it is not my priority.
This is the 5th version of my MOD for the Alaska Revisted theme for the Launcher Addon use.
This version add publishers and release years information of the games on all views. It also fix the problems with scrollbar and panel frames that where not appear on certain views. This version also restore the plot size reduction functionnality when music cover or video overlays are visible (originaly availiable in Alaska.Revisited theme).

Download:
launcher.panels.views.20101014.zip
The Launcher Panels Views MOD avec been tested on XBMC (SVN 34593) using Alaska Revisited v1.7.1 and Launcher v1.10.2

Installation:
1. Download the zip file and extract the 5 files (Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Marquee_Panel.xml and Viewtype_Emu_Landscape.xml) into /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/

2. Add the following line to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
Code:
<views>55,500,501,502,503,504</views>

3. Then, add the 5 following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <include>Viewtype_Files</include>
Code:
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Marquee_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Landscape</include>

4. Next, add the 5 following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/Includes.xml just before <include file="Viewtype_Panel.xml" />
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Marquee_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Landscape.xml" />

5. Add the following 6 lines at the end of /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/language/English/strings.xml before </strings>
Code:
<string id="40000">SQUARE</string>
<string id="40001">TALL</string>
<string id="40002">Manufacturer</string>
<string id="40003">Year</string>
<string id="40004">WIDE</string>
<string id="40005">MARQUEE</string>

6.Finally, replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py code (v1.10.2) by this one : http://pastebin.com/F53888EC

Example of the consoles landscape view (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<launcher>
    <name>Nintendo 64</name>
    <application>/usr/bin/mupen64plus</application>
    <args>--nogui --noask --noosd --fullscreen </args>
    <rompath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/</rompath>
    <romext>z64</romext>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/console.png</thumb>
    <fanart></fanart>
    <genre>64-bit</genre>
    <release>1996</release>
    <launcherplot></launcherplot>
    <wait>true</wait>
    <roms>
    </roms>
</launcher>
Example of square covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Metal slug advance</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/roms/Metal Slug Advance.gba</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/covers/Metal Slug Advance.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/fanarts/Metal Slug Advance.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Shooter</genre>
    <release>2004</release>
    <publisher>SNK Playmore</publisher>
    <gameplot>Metal Slug makes its Game Boy Advance  debut as a five-level platform shooter with a number of new twists to the long-running series. While the basic premise is the same as in previous installments (players assume the role of an elite commando sent to wipe out a terrorist army), Metal Slug Advance  features a special mode in which players must rescue hostages as well as a play mechanic that involves collecting more than 100 cards. Each card, when found, grants characters new abilities or weapons, such as a shotgun, sword, or hyper cannon.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example of tall covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Earthworm jim</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/roms/Earthworm Jim.bin</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/covers/Earthworm Jim.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/fanarts/Earthworm Jim.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Shooter</genre>
    <release>1994</release>
    <publisher>Shiny Entertainment</publisher>
    <gameplot>Once upon a time on an ordinary day in an ordinary meadow, an ordinary crow was chasing an ordinary worm named Jim. The worm escaped into the ground, leaving the crow hungry and frustrated. As the worm slowly crawled back to the surface, he experienced a decidedly unordinary thing. A space suit fell from the sky and landed right on top of him. The ultra high tech space particles of the suit melded with Jim's soft wormy flesh, creating a new, super powerful hero: Earthworm Jim.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example of wide covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Super mario kart</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/Super Mario Kart.smc</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/covers/Super Mario Kart.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/fanarts/Super Mario Kart.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Racing</genre>
    <release>1992</release>
    <gameplot>One of the best, most influential games ever created for a 16-bit system, Super Mario Kart has eight classic Nintendo characters (including Luigi and Donkey Kong Jr.) driving go-carts around 15 different courses. Each racer has a different battle technique (such as Princess Toadstool  throwing mushrooms), while power-ups enable racers to do such things as jump, drive faster, and throw shells at other cars. Each obstacle-filled track is flat but varies in texture (smooth, wood, and gravel), and the viewpoint is from behind the racer.</gameplot>
</rom>

Example of marquees view (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Street Fighter Alpha 3</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/arcades/roms/sfa3.zip</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/arcades/marquees/sfa3.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/arcades/fanarts/sfa3.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Fighting</genre>
    <release>1998</release>
    <publisher>Capcom</publisher>
    <gameplot>After two versions of Street Fighter III, Capcom returned to the Street Fighter Alpha  series for a third installment on the CPS2 hardware. The most notable new feature is the ability to choose between three "ism" fighting styles: X-ism, A-ism and V-ism. The defense-oriented X-ism is most similar to the style of Super Street Fighter II Turbo, with its single "super combo."</gameplot>
</rom>>

Actually the scrapper of the launcher adddon only support (more or less) the automatic add/importation of covers images (thumbs). For the other information (screenshot, games genre and games plot) you have to add them manually into the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file. That's still not perfect, but it works.
Angelscry Wrote:Actually the scrapper of the launcher adddon only support (more or less) the automatic add/importation of covers images (thumbs). For the other information (screenshot, games genre and games plot) you have to add them manually into the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file. That's still not perfect, but it works.

Looking better and better.

I'm not sure if you're at all interested in improving the scraper of Launcher, but if you are you might be able to borrow some code from Rom Collection Browser or maybe get some kind of collaboration going. I believe he is adding scrapers from multiple sites so you could probably scrape PC games too. Only if you're interested...if not that's fine and fantastic job on the integration so far!
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
I have already been contacted by the Launcher Addon Team and I have joined them. Next step will be also the improvement of the actual launcher. I'm not really familiar with python code, so it could take long time. But I'm interested in improving the scrapper.
just ask if you need Wink
I sent an extraction of my scraper code to zosky. If you can make use of it, feel free to use and/or rework it. Just let me know if you make some improvements that I could reimplement on my side.

If you don't like the way I am doing this, also feel free to just leave itSmile
Hi guys..
I hope you all can help me a little bit..
I'm new to Xbmc.. I always used Mediaportal but Xbmc is much better in so many ways..
I have a LOT of Snes roms / Psx games on the computer..
I've tried searching how to make launcher work on perfect on xbmc.
I have Windows 7.. I don't know if this thread is about linux/live/windows.
I have installed launcher from the addon, but when it ask me to import, xbmc freezes and i need to reboot.. it works with manual add, but i have like 1500+ roms and about 100 psx games.
I don't have a launcher.xml file.. i tried making one with the info in this thread but nothing happens
Could anyone point me in the right direction?
binlist Wrote:Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Probably need more info. What version of XBMC are you running? Look in my signature for how to make a debug log and post one of those too.

Also, the thread you're looking for is this one, so you'll probably get some more help if you post in there.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Loving these views for launcher, great work!

This is probably not exactly the right place to ask this but rather then making a new thread here goes.

Is it possible to rename the apps main menu item to games and have it link directly to launcher?

Thanks.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Loving these views for launcher, great work!

This is probably not exactly the right place to ask this but rather then making a new thread here goes.

Is it possible to rename the apps main menu item to games and have it link directly to launcher?

Thanks.

Depends on your skin...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Depends on your skin...

Alaska...
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Loving these views for launcher, great work!

Thanks.
I don't know for Alaska theme, but it is possible to do it this Alaska.Revisted theme:

Go into apps, select Launcher and set it as one of your favorites (C key + Add to Favorites). Then go to settings / Alaska / Sub Menus. Open Apps and Enable custom Button. Go on Select Favourite and choose Launcher. Edit Label (for exemple "Video Games"). Finally edit image (select image for the menu).
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]1