• 31(current)
Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
(2014-02-04, 23:30)cosmic Wrote: Thanks for reply.
Bear with me when having some newbie questions - XBMC is very new to me:
* Today the add-on is not functioning *at all* with Viaplay content, right? Not even with their OS material (which is not using Silverlight, bit Flash). Ot is there *any* manual workaround?
* Is (will be...) Internet Explorer essential to use for the Viaplay add-on to work? If so, is version 8 enough? (The highest version possible in Win XP).
* I know the add-on is supported on Raspberry due to Silverlight restrictions. But should *Flash based* content on Viaplay (i.e. OS content) be possible to stream anyway?

Quote:* Today the add-on is not functioning *at all* with Viaplay content, right? Not even with their OS material (which is not using Silverlight, bit Flash). Ot is there *any* manual workaround?
I was not aware that Viaplay is using Flash for it's OS-content, but since the real OS broadcast has not yet begun, I'm not quite sure if Flash will be used on new content as well.

Quote:Is (will be...) Internet Explorer essential to use for the Viaplay add-on to work? If so, is version 8 enough? (The highest version possible in Win XP).
The solution I had in place that was working used Internet Explorer (this because IE has working "kiosk mode" which means full screen), but the temporary solution that I'm working on will use Chrome.
This is because Viaplay has broken the automatic login on IE but it seems to be working with Chrome.

Quote:* I know the add-on is supported on Raspberry due to Silverlight restrictions. But should *Flash based* content on Viaplay (i.e. OS content) be possible to stream anyway?
That's correct the addon is not supported on Raspberry Pi and this is due to Silverlight and also the fact that the playback is handled externally from xbmc (in a webbrowser).
Although there is support for Ubuntu running Pipelight which has proven to work with Silverlight and Viaplay. So you do not need Windows or Mac OS/X to playback Viaplay in a web browser.

Another note on the temporary solution I'm currently working on.
The solution that I have in place right now and are testing is working as follows.
When you start the playback Chrome is launched with the url to the Viaplay movie-page or episode-page, in the same instance that Chrome is launched I also launch the MceRemoteHandler script which normally handles
remote control support and handles play/pause and stop. I've also added support for automatic playback and turning Chrome into full screen. But this is only supported on Windows.

On the other platforms you will need to manually start the playback and turn it into full screen.
Quote:I was not aware that Viaplay is using Flash for it's OS-content, but since the real OS broadcast has not yet begun, I'm not quite sure if Flash will be used on new content as well.

Well, Viaplay ensures that is the case. We'll see...

Quote:Another note on the temporary solution I'm currently working on.
The solution that I have in place right now and are testing is working as follows.
When you start the playback Chrome is launched with the url to the Viaplay movie-page or episode-page, in the same instance that Chrome is launched I also launch the MceRemoteHandler script which normally handles
remote control support and handles play/pause and stop. I've also added support for automatic playback and turning Chrome into full screen. But this is only supported on Windows.

Hmmm... I've now to look into how this stream could be forwarded to my TV. Via UpnP or DNLA...? Well, that's not the subject here. I've to do more studies.

Thanks a lot for your comments - and your good work.I wish you - and us - good luck.
(2014-02-05, 08:41)MDDSD Wrote: Another note on the temporary solution I'm currently working on.
Would you consider releasing your test version even if it is not fully optimized? Anything better than nothing :-)
(2014-02-08, 16:50)StefanK Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 08:41)MDDSD Wrote: Another note on the temporary solution I'm currently working on.
Would you consider releasing your test version even if it is not fully optimized? Anything better than nothing :-)

Yes I got no problem with that.
Unfortunately I've not been able to put as much time as I want into releasing a new version, but I'm working as fast as I can. Smile
(2014-02-09, 12:58)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 16:50)StefanK Wrote:

Yes I got no problem with that.
Unfortunately I've not been able to put as much time as I want into releasing a new version, but I'm working as fast as I can. Smile

It would be utterly appreciatedNod. I have quite some problems watching the hockey games. (The only thing I'm interested in in OS. Actually the only reason I booked a month Viaplay subscription. Paying a lot of money, for being rewarded with oceans of their stinky commercials?!Sad
I've now released a new version consider it a test version.
Unfortunately because of the changes made by Viaplay, Channels are not working anymore.
I have to figure this one out and a need a little more time for that, so for the time being, no channels...

The automatic playback is only working on Windows, on other platforms you have to manually start playback.

I'm almost convinced that Viaplay is making changes to their playback because of this addon, so it won't work...
Or maybe I'm being paranoid... Smile
(2014-02-10, 20:00)MDDSD Wrote: I've now released a new version consider it a test version.
Unfortunately because of the changes made by Viaplay, Channels are not working anymore.
I have to figure this one out and a need a little more time for that, so for the time being, no channels...

The automatic playback is only working on Windows, on other platforms you have to manually start playback.

I'm almost convinced that Viaplay is making changes to their playback because of this addon, so it won't work...

I'm probably an idiot. Certainly I'm rather new top XMBC. I uninstaller the old Viaplay addon and installed your new yesterday build from zip file. I can connect to Viaplay OK and I can see all content, but whenever I try to play something I'm thrown out to Windows desktop. No vide, no stream.
I am logged in to Viaplay via Chrome. I have tried to have Chrome open, and Chrome closed when trying to acces Viaplay. Same result.
AFAICS the Viaplay addon settings are OK. What am I doing wrong?
(2014-02-11, 22:14)cosmic Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 20:00)MDDSD Wrote: I've now released a new version consider it a test version.

I'm probably an idiot. Certainly I'm rather new top XMBC. I uninstaller the old Viaplay addon and installed your new yesterday build from zip file. I can connect to Viaplay OK and I can see all content, but whenever I try to play something I'm thrown out to Windows desktop. No vide, no stream.
I am logged in to Viaplay via Chrome. I have tried to have Chrome open, and Chrome closed when trying to acces Viaplay. Same result.

Could you check the path to your Chrome web browser?
The addon will try to figure out where it's installed in order to be able to start the browser.
I suspect that the addon cannot find the correct path.

These are the paths that addon searches for the Chrome web browser:

%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Chrome.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome.exe

Please let me know and I'll see it there is anything I can fix in the addon.
(2014-02-11, 22:28)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 22:14)cosmic Wrote:

Could you check the path to your Chrome web browser?
The addon will try to figure out where it's installed in order to be able to start the browser.
I suspect that the addon cannot find the correct path.

These are the paths that addon searches for the Chrome web browser:

Please let me know and I'll see it there is anything I can fix in the addon.

Hmmm. I run Swedish Windows XP, and the first path above should fit I suppose. Here is my path to Chrome:
C:\Program\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

The times I had Chrome already running, focus shifted to Chrome (at least sometimes) when trying to play, and the Chrome window resized.
Also, I ponder over username, password and IP adress fields... What do they refer to? My Viaplay account? I have tried both with and without these in these addon fields - same result.

Anyway, thanks for your support. No, time for bed.
I've released a new version ,this one is not a test-version and I've hopefully fixed problems with starting the playback in Chrome on Windows.
Please let me know if you have any problems and I'll do my best to fix them.

For download link please see the first post.
Hej, detta verkar ju kanon! Fantastiskt om man kunde se viaplay direkt i xbmc. Jag är registrerad användare där men får upp följande felmeddelande när jag försöker se live sport:

script failed! plugin.video.viaplay
(2014-02-22, 23:29)k4rtan Wrote: Hej, detta verkar ju kanon! Fantastiskt om man kunde se viaplay direkt i xbmc. Jag är registrerad användare där men får upp följande felmeddelande när jag försöker se live sport:

script failed! plugin.video.viaplay

Thanks, unfortunately the playback has to be done through the web browser (Chrome on Windows and Linux and Safari on Mac OS/X).
The reason for this is that Viaplay is using Silverlight and PlayReady DRM protection which makes it very hard to have internal playback in XBMC.

Could you send me your xbmc.log file as a PM, the file is located under %appdata%\xbmc on Windows.
It will make it easier for me to locate the problem.
(2014-02-11, 22:28)MDDSD Wrote: These are the paths that addon searches for the Chrome web browser:

My version of chrome is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Application\Chrome.exe

Where in the viaplay plugin do I change the destination?

As of now I get a script error when trying to playback. Followed by an endless "working..." - basically a crash..
(2014-02-27, 00:22)StefanK Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 22:28)MDDSD Wrote: These are the paths that addon searches for the Chrome web browser:

My version of chrome is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Application\Chrome.exe

Where in the viaplay plugin do I change the destination?

As of now I get a script error when trying to playback. Followed by an endless "working..." - basically a crash..

I've sent you a PM with some changes.
Please let me know if it works.
I have kind of a different problem, my chrome installation is the same as StefanK's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Application\Chrome.exe
I'm using v. 2.0.5. when I select a movie or tv-show, it minizies xbmc, starts chrome and then shows a white page, with a lot of text. but when I go the page manually, I have no problem watching a show.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9