• 34(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
spiff Wrote:ah, there is always atleast 10.

settings -> video -> enable it. as i said clearly in the commit message + we said in the blog post

Thanks Spiff. Just saw it quickly on trac and went right for it. Didn't even think it needed to be enabled.
Thumbs Up 
Anyone got any good screenshots to show of? Please post them here:
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2009/06/15/media-...g-support/

Thanks CapnBry for the filtering and the wonderful eye candy addition!

Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've just tried this out and it worked flawlessly on my entire movie collection, not that I ever had any doubts! Kudos CapnBry you've done an amazing job.

Just one tiny thing though, is FLAC support something I need to add to my skin, or is it something that needs to be added by the scanner first? I know there's pretty much only me using FLAC inside of mkv's (maybe a few others, for bd rips?) but I did notice it has correctly detected the number of channels, so I was curious to know if all I need do is add it to my skin to get it working.

Either way stunning work so far!
Does this feature include support for storing this info in the NFO file by an external NFO manager? Or is it purely up to XBMC to scan the files once they're in the library?
Will this work then?

Code:
<control type="image">
      <width>56</width>
      <height>25</height>
      <texture>flags\Defs\1080p.png</texture>
      <colordiffuse>ff2f9be1</colordiffuse>
      <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
      <include>MediaFlagAnimation</include>
      <visible>substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080p)</visible>
    </control>
XBMCG33K Wrote:Will this work then?

Code:
<control type="image">
      <width>56</width>
      <height>25</height>
      <texture>flags\Defs\1080p.png</texture>
      <visible>substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080p)</visible>
    </control>

No, VideoResolution only contains 480, 540, 720 or 1080. It does not have any p/i information.
OK that is quite simple to fix, other than that the code is fine right?
Freddo Wrote:Just one tiny thing though, is FLAC support something I need to add to my skin, or is it something that needs to be added by the scanner first? I know there's pretty much only me using FLAC inside of mkv's (maybe a few others, for bd rips?) but I did notice it has correctly detected the number of channels, so I was curious to know if all I need do is add it to my skin to get it working.
It should just work. I didn't test with any flaac-in-mkv but for a quick test you could just set a label to ListItem.AudioCodec and it should show flaac (or whatever flaac is called to ffmpeg). Theoretically!
XBMCG33K Wrote:OK that is quite simple to fix, other than that the code is fine right?
It would work, but really if you're going to do flags you should consider using the shorter form:
Code:
<control type="image">
      <width>56</width>
      <height>25</height>
      <texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,flags\Defs\,.png]</texture>
      <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)</visible>
    </control>
And then just have one control for all resolutions rather than multiple conditionally visible controls. This one control will use whichever icon is appropriate:
flags\Defs\1080.png
flags\Defs\720.png
flags\Defs\540.png
flags\Defs\480.png
or hide the image if no resolution
midgetspy Wrote:Does this feature include support for storing this info in the NFO file by an external NFO manager? Or is it purely up to XBMC to scan the files once they're in the library?
Yes, external NFOs are read (and written if you export library). MIP has supported it for months, not sure about any others. I posted the format further back in this thread.
CapnBry Wrote:It would work, but really if you're going to do flags you should consider using the shorter form:
Code:
<control type="image">
      <width>56</width>
      <height>25</height>
      <texture>$INFO
[ListItem.VideoResolution,flags\Defs\,.png]</texture>
      <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)</visible>
    </control>
And then just have one control for all resolutions rather than multiple conditionally visible controls. This one control will use whichever icon is appropriate:
flags\Defs\1080.png
flags\Defs\720.png
flags\Defs\540.png
flags\Defs\480.png
or hide the image if no resolution

A great idea, how would the control for all the res look though?
XBMCG33K Wrote:A great idea, how would the control for all the res look though?

Like he said?

the <texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,/flagging/video,p.png]</texture>

will get the correct texture depending on the ListItem... so if the ListItem.VideoResolution contains 1080 the infotag will be equal to /flagging/video/1080p.png

$INFO[(infolabel),(prefix),(postfix)] = (prefix)(infolabel)(postfix)

then you just need images that corresponds to all possible resolutions. with only one control.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
watzen Wrote:Like he said?

the <texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,/flagging/video,p.png]</texture>

will get the correct texture depending on the ListItem... so if the ListItem.VideoResolution contains 1080 the infotag will be equal to /flagging/video/1080p.png

$INFO[(infolabel),(prefix),(postfix)] = (prefix)(infolabel)(postfix)

then you just need images that corresponds to all possible resolutions. with only one control.

I'm not complaining by any means...but it would be nice if we could figure out a way to return 1080i or 1080p.
that information is stored nowhere.

we'd have to open the video, play some 20 secs of it (in the middle), analyze the picture and hopefully guess correctly!

you, on the other hand, can guess how likely that happening is Smile
digitalhigh Wrote:I'm not complaining by any means...but it would be nice if we could figure out a way to return 1080i or 1080p.

Since you're stepping in for fekker lately, do you perhaps have any idea how MIP is detecting progressive or interlaced ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7