• 34(current)
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
dbone1026 Wrote:One question though, how can you ensure that XBMC is using the info being generated by MIP and not through its own internal scraper? I noticed on a few movies XBMC was displaying different thumbs than what I had generated with MIP.

Well, you can see it takes longer for the movie to be updated if it uses an online scraper instead of the nfo file. However, old thumbnails aren't always updated to new ones correctly. I think this is quite buggy in XBMC. Only way to be sure is to remove the stored thumbnails and fanart from your directory or even remove the entire database. If you've made sure all your movies and tv shows (assuming you only use those through XBMC) are setup correctly using the nfo files and local posters/fanart/etc, that shouldn't be a problem. I did it once and was so relieved to see my database get filled incredibly fast. Smile
dbone1026 Wrote:Just thought I would mention, I had posted earlier that I was having issues with XBMC picking up the nfo, thumbs, etc being generated by MIP. It turns out the cause was the build of XBMC I was using (I was using the original build posted on xbmc.org). I just downloaded and installed the latest Jester build and all is working now.

One question though, how can you ensure that XBMC is using the info being generated by MIP and not through its own internal scraper? I noticed on a few movies XBMC was displaying different thumbs than what I had generated with MIP.

What Parena said...

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\video

Is the specific directory. Just replace "Owner" with your windoze username.

I prefer to delete everything in the video folder. Then go up to userdata\database and delete "Myvideos34.db". This is the actual database. You delete that, and it will do a full re-scan of your library.

This is the only way I've found to ensure that every minute change made via MIP will be scanned in properly. It will take a while tho.
JiveTalker Wrote:I've installed the patch but have some problems with it in Windows:

1. When trying to "Load TV Shows| the following error occurs:
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'dlgDownloadingFile'.

This happens regardless of whether fanart and posters are selected for download so I can't use tv shows at all.

2. The splash screen has now shrunk to postage stamp size.

3. Color scheme has never saved the selected setting.

4. When clicking on "Movies with Problems" the movie title has (what looks to be) the Movie Folder check items displayed beside it.

The last 3 are fairly trivial but possibly easily fixed?

JiveTalker

Does that happen if you exit and restart the app? (#1)
Anyone else running into that?

2) Yup.. it was pissing me off, I won! (since it kept popping up when it should not I shrunk it for now so the other screen wasn't hidden)
3) I've been waiting for someone to let me know they are using that, there's a full skinning engine for any color combo that's available from component factory, i was going to do more colors, but haven't done so yet. If anyone's interested, I can send details.
4) That's by design, I'm hoping to expand those to icons at some point, or shorten the names to something. Here's an odd one, all movies with problems runs the same code as all other functions, combined, yet is faster then just look for missing .nfo files... the .nfo is doing a full verification, i.e. it actually sets and opens the .nfo files and makes sure they are valid, but that's with both versions.

New patch added to sourceforge
Manual Patch - rev 2440
rev 2440 - (all versions) encapsulates the download engine with more error handling, add's a link at the bottom of current tv shows to open thetvdb.com's page for that show.

This should address #1 from the list, please confirm.
A couple of things that I noticed:

1. I see that auto pilot doesn't rename the files.
2. Is there any chance on renaming stacked movies?
3. Can you search for any NFO in the folder to find the imdb link and then rename that nfo. I have found problems with XBMC on the scan having multiple .nfo files in the same folder.

Thanks
Joe
jetskijoe Wrote:A couple of things that I noticed:

1. I see that auto pilot doesn't rename the files.
2. Is there any chance on renaming stacked movies?
3. Can you search for any NFO in the folder to find the imdb link and then rename that nfo. I have found problems with XBMC on the scan having multiple .nfo files in the same folder.

Thanks
Joe
1) yup, i'll add that as an option
2) those are tricky, if i can nail down detection, I can rename them - please add to a feature request so I don't forget it, sounds like a good item to have
3) It should look for <moviename>.nfo or <stackedname>.nfo, if that's not there it will look for movie.nfo on any svn build past 17000(ish) this should work without any problems.. if you have an example, please shoot it to me, i'll look into xbmc's loading of that data and bug it if that's the case. I'm getting better understanding that portion of xbmc and think that's a key to having a helper application.

More on number 1
I have enabled this in autopilot, it will be based on the rename setting under settings (which by default is not checked)

To process all filtered movies, but without assigning images to them, choose the following option under Primary Image Selected
Do Not Assign New Images

This will be coming in the next patch, i'm sorting out a few other things before posting it.
fekker Wrote:1) yup, i'll add that as an option
2) those are tricky, if i can nail down detection, I can rename them - please add to a feature request so I don't forget it, sounds like a good item to have
3) It should look for <moviename>.nfo or <stackedname>.nfo, if that's not there it will look for movie.nfo on any svn build past 17000(ish) this should work without any problems.. if you have an example, please shoot it to me, i'll look into xbmc's loading of that data and bug it if that's the case. I'm getting better understanding that portion of xbmc and think that's a key to having a helper application.

2. Default regex's used by XBMC for stacking:

<moviestacking>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+cd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+dvd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+part[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+dis[ck][ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>()[ _\.-]+([0-9]*[abcd]+)(\.....?)$</regexp>
<regexp>([a-z])([0-9]+)(\.....?)$</regexp>
<regexp>()([ab])(\.....?)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>
hotzenpl0tz Wrote:edit: Oh, and a bug I just noticed under wine:

- The add your own fanart button doesn't work. I get the file open dialog and can select a picture - but after that nothing happens. I just took a random picture from the web here: http://media.outnow.ch/movies/images/200....fs/01.jpg
Do I have to resize that or should it just work ?

I think this is because it's an open file dialog and those are having all kinds of issues under wine. I have to see if there's a better way to do that.

Woohoo.. i found that pesky dialog that was popping up behind other windows, well at least one of them.. it was an error in the way that posters where being loaded, an extra "\" in the path.. i've updated the code so that no longer occurs and removed the msgbox that should never have been shown (outside of debugging)
Do you check in the source to sourceforge? If so would it be cool if I help code and debug it with you?
jetskijoe Wrote:Do you check in the source to sourceforge? If so would it be cool if I help code and debug it with you?

i'll check in the lastest rev now

when building the solution, click on the posters tab, and then impawards posters sub tab or it won't show up under wine.. no clue why that is, but at least i know how to get them to show up now.
fekker Wrote:Does that happen if you exit and restart the app? (#1) Anyone else running into that?
Yes. I've also tested it (and restarted it) with rev 2440 and rev 2443 and get the same problem. The screen starts to render 5 sections on the screen (presumably for 5 threads?) but before it hides all the text boxes displayed in the top left hand corner it errors with " Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'dlgDownloadingFile'.". Movies is working fine but I guess that isn't using threads the same way?

fekker Wrote:2) Yup.. it was pissing me off, I won! (since it kept popping up when it should not I shrunk it for now so the other screen wasn't hidden)
Fair enough, I've had problems hiding/unloading splash screens in the past too. Sometimes I build my settings into the splash screen form and just hide it. If it going to insist on staying in memory the form may as well do something useful!

fekker Wrote:3) I've been waiting for someone to let me know they are using that, there's a full skinning engine for any color combo that's available from component factory, i was going to do more colors, but haven't done so yet. If anyone's interested, I can send details.
It's a very low priority but I find it helpful to have blue buttons so there is a much greater distinction between buttons (which are possibly going to run something that will take ages) and tabs (which will be instant).

The settings tab is now starting to get very crowded - I was wondering if it might be clearer to replace the settings tab with a button that hide all the existing tabs and brought up some new tabs separating the settings into something like "Movies" , "TV Shows", "General" and maybe one or 2 others (perhaps "Video Sources" aka "Folder Selection"?). There are quite a few similar options and I think that would particularly help to know what affects tv and what affects movies.

fekker Wrote:4) That's by design, I'm hoping to expand those to icons at some point, or shorten the names to something.
Ok. Ideally then the list would want two columns - one for the movie name and another to have six icons with varying colours/ticks/crosses etc. to flag the status of each. Alternatively, if you put the 6 icons on the left then you could get away with just one column as the icons would all be fixed width and the movie name won't. I was also wondering if it might be worth having a 7th icon flagging whether the codec information had been read/saved successfully?

fekker Wrote:Here's an odd one, all movies with problems runs the same code as all other functions, combined, yet is faster then just look for missing .nfo files... the .nfo is doing a full verification, i.e. it actually sets and opens the .nfo files and makes sure they are valid, but that's with both versions.
Could it possibly be caching by the hard disk or operating system that just makes a second search faster? Perhaps a different event is being triggered or the timing of the events is different?

fekker Wrote:New patch added to sourceforge
Manual Patch - rev 2440... This should address #1 from the list, please confirm.

Sorry, it didn't fix it - see above.

JiveTalker
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
UPDATE - DO NOT USE AUTOPILOT
Auto-pilot is broken right now, DO NOT USE IT
I'll have a patch once I isolate the issue.
UPDATE: Patch posted to fix that issue - all users should patch or not run autopilot
rev 2445 - fixed auto-pilot removing all images bug introduced somewhere after 2440
- All builds prior to 2445 where pulled due to this bug

JiveTalker Wrote:Yes. I've also tested it (and restarted it) with rev 2440 and rev 2443 and get the same problem. The screen starts to render 5 sections on the screen (presumably for 5 threads?) but before it hides all the text boxes displayed in the top left hand corner it errors with " Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'dlgDownloadingFile'.". Movies is working fine but I guess that isn't using threads the same way?
.. very weird, they use the same code.. you mentioned once you have VS 2008 installed, or I am mistaken on that... if you do, could you fire that up in debug mode from the latest svn and see where it's blowing up.

Quote:Fair enough, I've had problems hiding/unloading splash screens in the past too. Sometimes I build my settings into the splash screen form and just hide it. If it going to insist on staying in memory the form may as well do something useful!
I keep getting illegal cross thread calls with the splash screen, even though the parent process is the form that calls it, sometimes it happens, sometimes it's find.. very weird

Quote:It's a very low priority but I find it helpful to have blue buttons so there is a much greater distinction between buttons (which are possibly going to run something that will take ages) and tabs (which will be instant).
that is fixed, but I pulled the patches as auto-pilot is messed up and removing all images.. don't run autopilot with 2443 ( i pulled that patch as well)

Quote:The settings tab is now starting to get very crowded - I was wondering if it might be clearer to replace the settings tab with a button that hide all the existing tabs and brought up some new tabs separating the settings into something like "Movies" , "TV Shows", "General" and maybe one or 2 others (perhaps "Video Sources" aka "Folder Selection"?). There are quite a few similar options and I think that would particularly help to know what affects tv and what affects movies.
The settings are a mess right now, I like that idea.

Quote:Ok. Ideally then the list would want two columns - one for the movie name and another to have six icons with varying colours/ticks/crosses etc. to flag the status of each. Alternatively, if you put the 6 icons on the left then you could get away with just one column as the icons would all be fixed width and the movie name won't. I was also wondering if it might be worth having a 7th icon flagging whether the codec information had been read/saved successfully?
that would be awesome, i wonder if i change over to a datagrid how much I'll break from a listbox.
fekker Wrote:.. very weird, they use the same code.. you mentioned once you have VS 2008 installed, or I am mistaken on that... if you do, could you fire that up in debug mode from the latest svn and see where it's blowing up.
It's evening here and I won't get a chance this evening as I'll be out dancing until midnight (I don't just talk about jive!). I'll try to load it up at work tomorrow as I have VS 2003, 2005 and 2008 all set up on my work pc. I'll test it on that pc first to check that I get the same problem.

fekker Wrote:that would be awesome, i wonder if i change over to a datagrid how much I'll break from a listbox.
I really like datagrids. The syntax has changed slightly with different versions of dotnet but they are a very good way of presenting stuff with fancy formatting. Most of my experience with them is in web apps though rather than windows apps.

JiveTalker
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
Thumbs Up 
Tried the new version, had a few issues with it.

1. Folder Tab - All buttons are greyed out -> No browsing for folders.

2. Clicking an empty list raises an exceptions, not critical, but annoying.

3. TV Shows:
3. 1. Severe: Right from the start, I click "Load TV shows", then a strange (because somehow broken) window with 3 colored rings appears. Then MIP hangs. The Window with the rings is blocking the foreground completely. After killing wget process, because nothing happens --> Errormessage:
Looks like there is a space at the start of the filename. This is not allowed with Samba, and very bad for Windows.

3. 2. Then pre cache complete, suddenly two small "error in banner read". "Small" because it is only a small Errorbox.

The everything seems to be normal.
And: the episodeguideurl is filled out! Thank you very much.

A couple of questions remain:
Q1: why don't you use dynamic lists for the posters, for example? You reserve the space in the tab even if there are only 2 posters.
Q2: Can you please implement mouse wheel support? It is not critical, but unusual...

All in all a great step in the right direction!
Big Grin
hal2100 Wrote:Tried the new version, had a few issues with it.

1. Folder Tab - All buttons are greyed out -> No browsing for folders.

2. Clicking an empty list raises an exceptions, not critical, but annoying.

3. TV Shows:
3. 1. Severe: Right from the start, I click "Load TV shows", then a strange (because somehow broken) window with 3 colored rings appears. Then MIP hangs. The Window with the rings is blocking the foreground completely. After killing wget process, because nothing happens --> Errormessage:
Looks like there is a space at the start of the filename. This is not allowed with Samba, and very bad for Windows.

3. 2. Then pre cache complete, suddenly two small "error in banner read". "Small" because it is only a small Errorbox.

The everything seems to be normal.
And: the episodeguideurl is filled out! Thank you very much.

A couple of questions remain:
Q1: why don't you use dynamic lists for the posters, for example? You reserve the space in the tab even if there are only 2 posters.
Q2: Can you please implement mouse wheel support? It is not critical, but unusual...

All in all a great step in the right direction!
Big Grin
1) For the items that are not enabled, change the value in the config (winecompatable) to false.. that will turn back on those buttons.

2)YOU ROCK! - that totally makes sense why things are going haywire, the space in the id. I'll clean those out.

3)
The funky screen was a debug for tv shows I was working on when the autopilot killing all the icons came up, i put a quick patch out, but didn't turn off that dialog.

The error in banner read is the space issue, which is what is blowing up things.

Quote:A couple of questions remain:
I tried dynamic ones, it was super slow with the number of items I'm adding. If anyone has an example of ones that can load ~100 or so and not slow to a crawl, please show me how, i'd love to not make each and every picture box.

Quote:Q2: Can you please implement mouse wheel support? It is not critical, but unusual...
It seems to work when it feels like it, i think the key is you have to click into the tab page for it to register.

Rev 2448 is the latest and greatest, up on sourceforge.
- fixed the space in the name issue
- added some gui feedback to tv show loading so it doesn't just sit there blindly
- includes all outlined bug fixes to date
- Does not include VIDEO_TS yet, i got sidetracked fixing those pesky bugs.
edit: scrape that; I just couldn't update or reinstall after running an uninstall. Had to remove my ~/.wine and then do it all over (winetricks for corefonts, dotnet20, gdiplus, install movieinfoplus).

another edit: it installed, but it won't run:

Code:
Backtrace:
=>1 0x7b845723 in kernel32 (+0x25723) (0x0032f1a0)
  2 0x79f97065 in mscorwks (+0x127065) (0x0032f200)
  3 0x7a0946a9 in mscorwks (+0x2246a9) (0x0032f2a4)
  4 0x03d49739 (0x0032f348)
  5 0x03d49166 (0x0032f3a4)
  6 0x03267264 (0x0032f3d0)
  7 0x79e88f63 in mscorwks (+0x18f63) (0x0032f3e0)
  8 0x79e88ee4 in mscorwks (+0x18ee4) (0x0032f460)
  9 0x79e88e31 in mscorwks (+0x18e31) (0x0032f598)
  10 0x79e88d19 in mscorwks (+0x18d19) (0x0032f66c)
  11 0x00374988 (0x003748b8)
  12 0x0020000c (0x09000001)
  13 0x00000000 (0x00000000)
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x000003ff,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x32ec84,(nil)): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L".NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (79F97075) (80131506)"
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\PCHealth\\ErrorRep\\QSignoff" 1 -2147483644 (nil) (nil) 0x131844 (nil)
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} could be created for context 0x5
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows1