• 35(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2016-08-13, 22:45)zachmorris Wrote: 7zip testing on Android: Some users report that 7z archives dont work on android. Someone with an android box and adb and/or command line access on their system PM me if you're able to help with this.

I would pm but says I don't have access (I assume there's a minimum post count) but I would like to help I have a rooted Shield TV and can confirm still an issue with 7z it just sits at converting 7z file. Let me know what commands you need run.
When configuring IARL under OpenELEC RPi (Gamestarter addon) what is the usual "RetroArch System Folder" location you specify in the External Launchers section?

When I went through my GameStarter installation (and then IARL 1.5.5 from Zach's repository) I don't have a specific "system" folder.

Should it be /storage/emulators/bios or /storage/.config/retroarch ? or something else?

thanks.

PS. What script actually launches the games when on a RPi? I see romlaunch_OE_RPi2.sh calls /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch.start which does not exist when I installed via Gamestarter. Should this be manually updated, or should the setup wizard modify it?
Hi there Zach et al,

Great job on the launcher- its a work of art!!! Im loving the new systems that have appeared and its really improving on every update. But I'm struggling to use the mame as an additional emulator within the external launchers tab. Mame keeps on popping up with an error "required files are missing, the game cannot be run" when the emulator launches. However it works fine within mame itself. Am i Being a doof and doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!
(2016-08-18, 06:06)kidhazy Wrote: When configuring IARL under OpenELEC RPi (Gamestarter addon) what is the usual "RetroArch System Folder" location you specify in the External Launchers section?

When I went through my GameStarter installation (and then IARL 1.5.5 from Zach's repository) I don't have a specific "system" folder.

Should it be /storage/emulators/bios or /storage/.config/retroarch ? or something else?

thanks.

PS. What script actually launches the games when on a RPi? I see romlaunch_OE_RPi2.sh calls /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch.start which does not exist when I installed via Gamestarter. Should this be manually updated, or should the setup wizard modify it?

Isn't there a bios folder in the games section of gamestarter build. Make sure you add that folder to iral settings and also point to it in retroartch gui under settings / directory. There is a post in this topic from marcoooo with a bios package if you need it.

If you dont have the retroarch.start something went wrong with the install. Try reinstalling if via the addon. I believe there is an option as well as a .sh script to install / update the build.
I havent used the gamestarter build for a while. But I think that's the case.
(2016-08-17, 21:50)Scourge Wrote: Very nice!

Your first pic is not how retroplay will likely look when 'final' though. The emu's will not be as prominent, since in retroplayer they are just cores that run then ROMs.

Nevertheless, nice work Smile

Yeah this is defiantly the kodi of the future and I love it Smile Think well see retroplayer in 18 and since were on 17 alpha2 theres going to be a little wait. But Garbear and the team are hard at working making sure it seamlessly integrates into kodi. And of course for now we have the amazing IRAL addon which allows for external emulators to do the job.
(2016-08-18, 11:22)nedflanders Wrote: Hi there Zach et al,

Great job on the launcher- its a work of art!!! Im loving the new systems that have appeared and its really improving on every update. But I'm struggling to use the mame as an additional emulator within the external launchers tab. Mame keeps on popping up with an error "required files are missing, the game cannot be run" when the emulator launches. However it works fine within mame itself. Am i Being a doof and doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!

I had the same issue at first with standalone MAME. You'll have to open up MAME and configure the roms directory (you can add multiple directories). I added the ...kodi/userdata/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl (or wherever you point IARL to save MAME files) directory and it worked after that.
(2016-08-18, 06:06)kidhazy Wrote: When configuring IARL under OpenELEC RPi (Gamestarter addon) what is the usual "RetroArch System Folder" location you specify in the External Launchers section?

thanks.

The shell script run for Gamestarter is in the gamestarter addon folder (I just point to it).
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/gamestarter.sh

My recommendation is to run the wizard first, then see what game lists you want to modify. Then just select 'Update external launch command' for each game list you want to change the core for and the addon will do the rest.

The directory to point to for the 'System' folder for gamestarter is
Code:
/storage/emulators/bios/
When in doubt, if you open up Retroarch, in the directory setting, the first setting is for the System Folder. Just have IARL point to the same place.
(2016-08-19, 04:59)zachmorris Wrote:

thanks.

The shell script run for Gamestarter is in the gamestarter addon folder (I just point to it).
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/gamestarter.sh

My recommendation is to run the wizard first, then see what game lists you want to modify. Then just select 'Update external launch command' for each game list you want to change the core for and the addon will do the rest.

The directory to point to for the 'System' folder for gamestarter is
Code:
/storage/emulators/bios/
When in doubt, if you open up Retroarch, in the directory setting, the first setting is for the System Folder. Just have IARL point to the same place.

Thanks - that got me up an running.
Hi zachmorris.

Do you have a plan to update your IARL Compatibility List?

Thanks in advance.
(2016-08-13, 23:01)lefty420 Wrote: I was lurking on the git and saw the latest commit, Thanks for the update sure I'm RPI users and ps1 fans will be happy.

I'll also update my compatibility list I mainly use libreelec/openelec and windows. But can add RPi the the list if anyone wants it.

How did I miss this? Thanks! I'll use this info to update my wiki
(2016-08-19, 22:22)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-08-13, 23:01)lefty420 Wrote: I was lurking on the git and saw the latest commit, Thanks for the update sure I'm RPI users and ps1 fans will be happy.

I'll also update my compatibility list I mainly use libreelec/openelec and windows. But can add RPi the the list if anyone wants it.

How did I miss this? Thanks! I'll use this info to update my wiki

There was me thinking you just didn't like it ! lol jk mate. Just happy to contribute something Smile
On that note I've made a real basic classic gaming kodi video addon, based of the youtube addon. It basically pulls videos and playlists from youtube. It has content like classic gaming cartoons such captain n the games master and mario bros ect. For the uk users it also has classic gaming tv shows like Gamesmaster and Bad influence. If anyone is interested in taking a look let me know.
Mupen64plus crashes on me when I try to exit any game. It only does it when i launch the game outside of retroarch. What exactly do i need to type into the command line to use the standalone emulator Mupen64plus FZ on android?
(2016-08-13, 22:45)zachmorris Wrote: 7zip testing on Android: Some users report that 7z archives dont work on android. Someone with an android box and adb and/or command line access on their system PM me if you're able to help with this.

Hey I got your PM , still can respond need 10 posts Sad

I turned on debugging and got the command its using but the error says "No such file or directory"

22:40:13 T:1397524784 DEBUG: IARL: Attempting 7ZA Conversion: "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/7za/7za.armv6l" -aoa -o"/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/Activision_Classics" e "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/Activision Classics (USA).7z"

Pasted snippet of the relevant part of the logs here:
http://pastebin.com/xre9xGZd

I kept getting permission denied when trying to run 7za manually even tried with root .. not that strong in unix/android so I'm sure I'm just running it wrong Sad
Alright I got around permission issue by working in "/data/local/tmp" but no matter what it always says "No such file or directory" , are you sure your 7za works on latest version of android?
Hi. I have an android mini pc.
Installed your plugin, installed retroarch and some cores from online updater.

Mame games works fine, but when i try run MSDOS, dosbox say that i dont have VGA card.

In other games dont appears any error, but doesn't work.

A little help, please. And thanks for your awesome work.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10