• 35(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
Yeah I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I'll repeat it. "Interlaced" refers to a single frame, not the whole video. So in order to identify something as being progressive what you're really looking for a lack of interlaced frames. The problem being a lot of (DVD) content will switch between progressive and interlaced whenever the hell it feels like. So, for example, the first 20 seconds is actually unlikely to contain interlaced frames due to it being studio logo or some garbage.

So to tell if something is interlaced could take a tremendous amount of time so it isn't done.

EDIT: Fekker does some amazing-ass stuff in MIP to detect it, involving looking at individual frames and cadence.
it's either guessing. or it's using notoriously unreliant flags which 90% of the time is just ignored by encoders (most dvds for instance).

we have tried to look into it before to have the auto deinterlacer work, but it just isnt reliant
spiff Wrote:it's either guessing. or it's using notoriously unreliant flags which 90% of the time is just ignored by encoders (most dvds for instance).

we have tried to look into it before to have the auto deinterlacer work, but it just isnt reliant

Would it help to have a manual toggle in the database? So it takes a guess and if it's wrong you can change it via the context menu or OSD whilst the movie is playing? This would help with deinterlacing and tagging... just an idea though, and I understand far from optimal.
well, we already do that - sort of. you have to manually enable the deinterlacer so as such we could use that setting.
Question 
digitalhigh Wrote:t it would be nice if we could figure out a way to return 1080i or 1080p.
Progressive or interlaced should still be possible to set and import via NFO files right?

You should be able to enter 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p in an NFO file, (either manually or via a standalone media manager that handles), and XBMC should pick it up when scraping, right?

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Would it be possible to set the i/p flag during watching the video in the normal course of using XBMC?
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
no, we are busy PLAYING the video, not analyzing it
i assume from your answer that its some sort of "beyond my reckoning fancy pants code reason " (possibly due to legacy xbox single threaded something or other code magic)... I just assumed that if player seen i/p then set flag. nevermind.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
CapnBry Wrote:EDIT: Fekker does some amazing-ass stuff in MIP to detect it, involving looking at individual frames and cadence.

In that case it is written to NFO and XBMC can then store the info in the database for later use, basing the deinterlace setting upon it. If user manually changes this for a movie it should also be stored for later use so you don't have to set it every time you start the same file.
Analyzing the frames while decoding and setting a flag which is than stored in the database and even generates an event which changes deinterlace setting on the fly, does not seem like that big a hack... but I know spiff, PW Smile
ultrabrutal Wrote:In that case it is written to NFO and XBMC can then store the info in the database for later use, basing the deinterlace setting upon it. If user manually changes this for a movie it should also be stored for later use so you don't have to set it every time you start the same file.

Currently Media Info Plus doesn't store the resolution info in the streamdetails section, but only in the <studio> tag.
So at the moment xbmc can't fetch it from the .nfo file.
In the future things might change though...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
spiff Wrote:no, we are busy PLAYING the video, not analyzing it

lmao
Oh wait I'm thinking of the wrong thing. MediaInfo does some badass file scanning stuff, MediaInfoPlus I dunno where it gets its info from.

Are you sure MIP doesn't do streamdetails? I worked with Fekker like 4 months ago to get it in there. Has there been a release since then?

I'm not even going to comment in the I/P discussion. It must be so depressing to be you folks, never knowing if you're watching 1080p or if it is actually 1080i.
CapnBry Wrote:Oh wait I'm thinking of the wrong thing. MediaInfo does some badass file scanning stuff, MediaInfoPlus I dunno where it gets its info from.

Are you sure MIP doesn't do streamdetails? I worked with Fekker like 4 months ago to get it in there. Has there been a release since then?

Sure MIP does create a streamdetails section, and after having a second look at it, it does include a scantype tag:
Code:
<streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>592</width>
        <height>320</height>
        <codec>MPEG-4 Visual</codec>
        <formatinfo>MPEG-4 Visual</formatinfo>
        <duration>1h 33mn 15s 595ms</duration>
        <bitrate>903 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.avi</container>
        <codecid>XVID</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>1.850</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language />
        <codec>MPEG Audio</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>130 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>

Some other things i noticed, the current code in xbmc reads the video <codec> field instead of the <codecid>.
Also it seems it's not grabbing the info from the <aspectdisplayratio> field, at least it didn't work for me.
Not sure if this is expected behavior ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Argh. I forgot to fix the importer to pull the codec tag rather than codec, but that codec field is wrong too. It should say mpeg4. codecid probably should probably be named codectag too, gah I don't know. I need a beer.

AspectRatio is supposed to be in aspectratio too, not aspectdisplayratio. This one is probably acceptable to be fixed in xbmc though.

EDIT: But scan type I don't pull because StreamDetails doesn't have a field for that. Why? I only store information the probe can probe currently.
CapnBry Wrote:I need a beer.

Laugh

Just out of interest is "576" on of the resolutions returned? I don't think it is but correct me if I'm wrong. Reason I ask is that's the resolution of many PAL dvds, and having it as an option would help to identify my PAL releases as opposed to the NTSC "480" resolution imports I have in my library.

Thanks for all your work on this Capnbry. The features you have implemented are great.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7