• 354(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
@tuscani; I installed your version but it doesn't seem to read the NFO's i previously created with Ember. Any ideas?
Ember is not scraping posters in large sizes since two days.
What happened ?

btw, same with roques alternative-scraper.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Ember is not scraping posters in large sizes since two days.
What happened ?

btw, same with roques alternative-scraper.

Cheers

I have noticed that large posters are appearing lower down in list of posters when I manually scrape. When I automatically scrape I am having no issue pulling down large (i.e. 1400x2000+) posters.
Is Ember dead and never to return?

**Huge** shame if that is the case.

Scraping does still seem to be working for me this morning though.

Thanks and good luck to whoever the author is!

Cheers
D2K
mine is workin perfect so far
dilbert2k Wrote:Is Ember dead and never to return?

I think so. It would be nice with a sitrep from the devs.

Is Ember still in the game or should we start looking for another application?
Smile 
RogueDazza Wrote:You can download my addon from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?b130dvbk7iqsehy

There is no activation required (to my knowledge) - so long as the dll is placed inside the Modules directory, it should load up and be available for using as your main scraper (needs to be enabled in Edit -> Settings -> Movies).

In the meantime, I will try to find out what's happening with the website. Sad

Thanks RogueDazza, the addon you provided is working like a charm Big Grin. That was a big relief after a week trying to understand what was wrong with EMM. It even seems to be working better than the original scrapper in some areas.
Now that EMM is working, I will stick to it until I find a suitable replacement.

I have the original installer file 'EmberSetup.exe' if that would help anyone, although I think it downloads the program from the web (not sure) and now that it's gone it will probably not work. The file size is only 235 KB.

primo
Shame if it has gone for good but luckily mine still works perfectly Smile
I realize that EMM is a free software and that the developer may not be able to develop it forever. I am disappointed that they didn't at least announce that they were dropping the project and at give the community a chance to carry it onward.

The last info we received was they were committed to continuing EMM. 2+ months later they're just gone with no warning. fail Stare
Ember picks up trailers for all my movies to some strange url rtmp://amazonimdb ... or something like that. None of these can be played in XBMC. Does anyone know a fix or workaround?
ManoloDF Wrote:I have a question, I have used Ember Media Manager for a while and there is one annoyance that I wanted to see if it could be resolved. Currently lets say there are a few movies with the folder name "Movie Name DVDRip Xvid blah" Upon finishing I have duplicate folders and have to delete the old folder name because there will be a file inside the folder called "Movie Name DVDRip Xvid Blah.nfo" and that is the only file, the other folder with the vide wil be properly under "Movie Name (2010)" and all the files inside properly renamed. My annoyance which if I remember correctly did not happen a long time ago is that the old folder name does not get "renamed" but remains there somehow, nor does it get deleted afterwards.

I hope I explained myself, I am open to suggestions on what to try.

This is totally unclear. Can you please write this again and perhaps use real examples rather than Movie Title blah blah blah?
I checked it once again:

Automatic-Scraping scrapes also Large Posters, but with Manual-Scraping there seems to be a problem
with large posters in my (latest) build.

The revised version has working poster-scraping, but it is not getting any information from existing nfos.
There isn't also a menu-option in the settings for setting up the nfo-type (as there was before).

Hope that someone will try to get this working again.
Though, a reply from their devs would be appreciated.
Imho, this is/was the best MediaManager.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Yeah no word even from the devs so I think this project is dead. Maybe they could hand the code over?
even if the wanted to they have to come around to do that
WE ALL WE GOT
If Ember is being abandoned I would dearly love access to the source (or public access to be provided) - if the dev's ever check here - there were some great ideas with alot of potential that need to be done. There is good reason why the Ember thread has more replies than any other supplemental tool.
  • 354(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24