• 36(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
(2016-03-16, 07:23)stevious Wrote: Installed the March 15 build on my homebrew HTPC that uses an NVidia GTX 750 Ti and Windows 10. I set the options as per OP, and I tested a few 3D Bluray ISO images. Everything seemed to work great! I'm extremely impressed! Laugh
I'm trying to understand this before I get too excited, but does this mean that "FULL 3D HD" (i.e. frame-packed 3D) plus HD audio is now possible in Windows? (...and with NVidia Geforce cards? ...or just Intel iGPUs?)
(2016-03-16, 15:33)SofaKng Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 07:23)stevious Wrote: Installed the March 15 build on my homebrew HTPC that uses an NVidia GTX 750 Ti and Windows 10. I set the options as per OP, and I tested a few 3D Bluray ISO images. Everything seemed to work great! I'm extremely impressed! Laugh
I'm trying to understand this before I get too excited, but does this mean that "FULL 3D HD" (i.e. frame-packed 3D) plus HD audio is now possible in Windows? YES (...and with NVidia Geforce cards? ...or just Intel iGPUs?)

I will let @stevious answer the question regarding Nvidia Geforce cards, as for Windows with Intel CPU/Graphic Card 3rd to 6th GEN works and some have reported that some Celeron hardware's also works.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I can confirm 3D output & HD audio on my geforce GT720....on my non-3D DENON receiver....by using a DVI to HDMI adapter on the DVI output directly to my Samsung HDTV and the HDMI output to my DENON.

Once i confirmed 3D works thru the DVI port, I enabled the HDMI output in the nVidia control panel, set it to clone mode, and was then able to set digital audio output to the HDMI output. Testing Ant-Man, I can confirm my receiver lit up with DTS-MA.

However, I did notice some lip sync drifting so i set KODI to decode the DTS MA track & everything locked in. I'm not sure if this version of Kodi decodes the MA track in full or just core, but a separate sound card would have yielded the same results so at the very least it's a $14 adapter vs a $79 sound card (and an hours round trip to Microcenter instead of 10 minutes to Office Depot).

Very cool results. One can only assume performance will improvement with time. Hopefully this makes it into v17. I plan to make my HTPC a dedicated 3D Kodi appliance.
Good!
It looks like Nvidia Graphics cards are working,@Karnis do you have an AMD hardware to test?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
No I don't, sorry.
@afedchin

i tried this with my amd a6 build
I installed the build, + the dll file

first i tried it connect to my pc monitor which is not 3d
tried a 3d mvc iso movie played in 3d on a 2d monitor
it gave me this:

As you can see it was top/bottom is this normal on a 2d monitor?
is it usiing correct decoder?
it did play flawless tough

then i connected my amd pc to my sony projector which is 3d (sony hw30)
it gave me this:
- as soon as i clicked to start the file, it lgave me a black screen (like it is going to start to play the movie) but it immediately returned to the kodi main screen with the loading cursor and stays that way (freezes)
very strange:

as you can see on the bottom of that screen , you see the play count 00:00:00
but it returned to kodi menu

Log here:
http://xbmclogs.com/ph6psau0u

it gave me this:

it gave me this:
- as soon as i clicked to start the file, it lgave me a black screen (like it is going to start to play the movie) but it immediately returned to the kodi main screen with the loading cursor and stays that way (freezes)
very strange:

Log here:
i wonder if these Intel compute sticks would work well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ASB0DJ8
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-03-16, 17:42)Skank Wrote: i tried this with my amd a6 build

it gave me this:

it gave me this:
- as soon as i clicked to start the file, it gave me a black screen (like it is going to start to play the movie) but it immediately returned to the kodi main screen with the loading cursor and stays that way (freezes)
very strange:

Log here:

I had the same result with my AMD's,on a 2D monitor, i get Top/Bottom but on my 3D Projector, I get Blanks screen.

Quote:i wonder if these Intel compute sticks would work well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ASB0DJ8

TemptingWink
Having some lip sync issues over HDMI passthru. Geforce GT720 video card on HTPC. Internal decoding works well. I'm using the DVI output (via HDMI adapter) straight to my 3D HDTV and HDMI out to my Denon receiver (non 3D). First playback is with internal decoding, next 2 are over HDMI. Thanks!

Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/p3pa5hkxi
(2016-03-16, 09:02)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 23:37)dchabby Wrote: tested new build on Celeron 2957U - nothing changed for me. Video is slow and out of sync with audio on MVC MKV and the picture is very jumpy. And I mean its jumping up and down, not jumping forward and backward. Also jumpiness is worse in one eye.

HSBS files - video is in sync with audio and at perfect speed but I still get the jumpy picture.

log here - http://xbmclogs.com/p1nscmubz

going now to test on laptop i5-3210M
Seem your GPU has no support hardware accelerated MVC decoding. In your log you can see what the decoder reports what used software mode instead of hardware mode.
Quote:17:20:44 T:5084 WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecMFX:Big Grinecode: SW implementation will be used instead of the HW implementation (4).
As for 3D in general I didn't see anything wrong in your log. Perhaps hardware issue (cable, drivers, etc.)

Ok thanks - will there be a software solution added to your build ?

(2016-03-16, 09:02)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 04:58)dchabby Wrote: has anyone using processor with HD Graphics 4000 been successful ?

if so please list which driver you are currently using.
My HTPC has HD4000 and all work as expected. currently I cannot provide driver version. I think it should be a latest from WU. I did nothing with my HTPC since when it was upgraded to Win10.

ok thanks - will try and play around with it more
has anyone had any luck using a processor with HD 4000 graphics ?

if so I would love to know which driver your graphics is using as I cant get the 'hardware decode' option on my laptop with i5-3210M processor.
(2016-03-16, 17:12)movie78 Wrote: It looks like Nvidia Graphics cards are working,@Karnis do you have an AMD hardware to test?
Yep! It seems to work with nVIDIA also. My Dell laptop has a GT555M and it worked on that.

(2016-03-16, 19:08)dchabby Wrote: has anyone had any luck using a processor with HD 4000 graphics ?

if so I would love to know which driver your graphics is using as I cant get the 'hardware decode' option on my laptop with i5-3210M processor.

I don't know about i5-3210M, but it worked on Minix Z64 which has a Baytrail Z3735F processor with HD 4000 graphics. It worked with 10.18.10.4252 and 10.18.10.4358 (Windows 10 1511)
(2016-03-16, 17:40)Skank Wrote: @afedchin

it gave me this:

it gave me this:
very strange:

Log here:

I've noticed that if it displays in top and bottom, it's an immediate indicator that 3D is not enabled in your GPU settings.
If it plays in 2D, and the picture looks good, but won't render in 3D, it's because 'Use a fullscreen window' is enabled. It has to unchecked.
The same will happen if the 'Decode 3D' setting is unchecked.

Can't help you with the black screen freeze. Could be anything including audio settings.

From your log:

983.13:24:30 T:1852 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Opening

984.13:24:30 T:1852 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Failed

1009.13:24:31 T:812 DEBUG: StereoscopicsManager: stereo mode changed to hardware_based
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Dont look at the audio passthrough, thats my fault, just look. At the video.
On not 3d monitor it plays in top/bottom
On 3d projector, it doesnt play but gets stuck even with audio passthrough off
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5