• 36(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
Affini Wrote:Installed Mod5 one problem -

When I turn on Weather info the home screen, the time/date text overlap. e.g. time/date does not turn off.

Personally I'd prefer to leave the time/date alone and put the weather in the lower-right corner... like I have it in my PM3 mod. Anyone else like to see it like this?

Well I think I've pretty much managed to integrate Wir3d's changes into my code now. I was doing some testing and I have to agree with you on the weather panel as all the text overlaps so you can't see the time or the weather (I think Wir3d did say that that part was 'garbled' together anyway)

I think I'll have a look at changing the positioning of the weather so that it appears somewhere along the bottom (or at least somewhere where it doesn't require any changes to the time display)

Once I've done a bit more testing and tidying up I'll be ready to release the new version! (fingers crossed) Big Grin
skunkm0nkee

Look forward to your next update.

D
I must say, i have been using this skin for a while now, its a great skin.
It gets more and more polished. keep up the good work!

as soon as you get all functions skinned and working, this should be a default skin!
Skunk nice mods! Big Grin
I've probably not done as much testing as I really should have (what developer does?) but I'm could get a bit caught up in things over the next few days so I thought it would be better to release now as it is rather than leave until early next week.

There has been quite a few changes in this release (which now includes changes from Wir3d's mod as well) and the main changes are as follows:

- added Tiled Movie view to Games area (requested by Affini)
- tidied up how colours for text are used and created defaults.xml in colors folder to control them (see Configuration Options above for more details)
- fixed Clips UI to have options for changing view etc (requested by mug2k)
- created new smaller, more discrete now playing UI for music
- updated Album, Artist, 3D List and List Info views to make full use of width (since now playing UI has been reduced)
- fixed clipping of selected album image in the tiled views when near the edges of the panel
- added Music Playlist UI
- tidied up code for playlists
- put a gradiented fade behind the discrete now playing music ui
- updated Wide Info view so that info is same position as other video info views
- split specific video or music includes from SSCustomContent.xml into new files (SSCustomContent.xml was getting a bit too unwieldy!)
- incorporated changes from mod by Wir3d (customizable media sources, weather etc)
- did a bit of tidying up of the newly integrated code
- added weather info to home page (bottom left hand corner)
- added wide view to programs section (requested by hicaow) also added movie view

New discrete music now playing:

Download the zip file, unzip it and follow the instructions in the readme.txt

You must edit your guisettings.xml file and remove all the Xephyr settings before using this update
(there are changes to the way the settings are handled which mean the old settings could cause problems).

Xephyr Mod v6

As usual have fun and if you have any comments or suggestions please post them!
Very nice skunkm0nkee. Thanks for including me.
I have been playing around with colored skin themes and we should be seeing some real soon.
a few issues...

no glass background on any Music view

weather info does not quite "fit" the black shaded are... I suggest making it taller to evenly surround the image.
Time/Date text is longer then the shaded area... can we make it longer?
I actually want to make the text larger, so an option for a longer & taller shaded area would be nice. That sized text is too hard to see.

In Video views, the objects counter info is not aligned properly
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I reset all the setting and many fof the issues are fixed, except...

The date/time & weather shaded areas

and found this new issue where the submenu (left side) is missing the background...

Affini Wrote:a few issues...

no glass background on any Music view

weather info does not quite "fit" the black shaded are... I suggest making it taller to evenly surround the image.
Time/Date text is longer then the shaded area... can we make it longer?
I actually want to make the text larger, so an option for a longer & taller shaded area would be nice. That sized text is too hard to see.

In Video views, the objects counter info is not aligned properly

Affini Wrote:I reset all the setting and many fof the issues are fixed, except...

The date/time & weather shaded areas

and found this new issue where the submenu (left side) is missing the background...

Sorry to see you are having issues with the mod but have you tried deleting your Xephyr skin folder entirely then installing a brand new fresh one (using djh's Xephyr_Alpha6.rar) and then installing my mod on top of it? Also please remember to remove all Xephyr settings from the guisettings.xml file.

I have tested the music areas and I do not have any of those issues with missing background glass or the bizzarre issue with the context menu having no background (that was an issue with the original release and with Wir3d's mod but I fixed that issue way back in v1 of my mod).

I noticed that your time format is slightly different to mine (mine is 24 hour whereas you have AM/PM) so that is why you have the issue with the time not fitting on the background. I have increased the width of it for the next release so it shouldn't be an issue again.

As for the weather not fitting in the area, I'm not sure what you mean as it looks like it fits in on your screenshot? It's maybe 1 pixel too high but I wouldn't go as far as saying it doesn't fit.

Hopefully that's covered all the issues you raised but if I've missed anything please let me know, most of the images you posted are not showing up so if there was anything else in any of them can you try and repost the images?
Picnic Wrote:Is it possible to have more view types? Or is that a limitation of this skin.

Have you downloaded and installed my mod as that adds quite a few more views to the skin. If there are any that you think are missing please let me know. Nod
Big Grinhi,
Congratulations for the excellent job done on the Xephyr skin. It looks terrific on my television. Actually, I am also using a htpc for HD contents managed by Media Portal. Is it possible to do a portage of Xephyr on Media Portal ? The MP skins are really poor compared with XBMC and especially this one. I heard that xml code of MP is similar to XBMC or maybe the opposite, but I have no idea about doing such a port. It would be heaven if it could be done:p. Thanx for boosting my not so young Xbox.
Hi, this is my first post and I would like to thank you for making a great skin.

I have a question though How do I edit my sources.xml file so that when I go to say "TV Shows" it only shows my TV Shows source not all my Video sources as well? The same would go for apps and games and arcade, they are all under my program source?
does the 'Reset Skin' option in Mod6 remove the settings in guisettings.xml?
Quote:Hi, this is my first post and I would like to thank you for making a great skin.

I have a question though How do I edit my sources.xml file so that when I go to say "TV Shows" it only shows my TV Shows source not all my Video sources as well? The same would go for apps and games and arcade, they are all under my program source?

I'm not in front of my box but there is an Add button for adding multiple sources under one name.

Quote:does the 'Reset Skin' option in Mod6 remove the settings in guisettings.xml?
It doesn't remove the strings, just resets them to default.
It's not a bad idea to run the reset option although I believe the problem your having is from an incorrect .xls file.

Probably MyMusicNav or something like that. There may be one in PAL and 16x9 folders. Delete the skin and reinstall.
consumption Wrote:Hi, this is my first post and I would like to thank you for making a great skin.

Have you read the instructions in the Xephyr_Alpha6.rar file? I think it has some stuff in there about setting up the sources.xml for the TV Shows etc
Wir3d Wrote:I'm not in front of my box but there is an Add button for adding multiple sources under one name.

Thank You for the response but I would like to know how to have only TV Shows
viewed. When I go to TV Shows it shows all the sources under Videos. I would like each one to show up Individually. I have my TV Shows in one folder and Movies in another I have each folder as different sources but when I go to the TV Show menu it shows both TV shows and Movies.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24