• 37(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
hehe, some Mediaportal user wants this "ported" http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/xbmc_x...28733.html
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

consumption Wrote:Thank You for the response but I would like to know how to have only TV Shows
viewed. When I go to TV Shows it shows all the sources under Videos. I would like each one to show up Individually. I have my TV Shows in one folder and Movies in another I have each folder as different sources but when I go to the TV Show menu it shows both TV shows and Movies.

If you have the sources setup as they are described in djh's readme.txt then you should be able to set it up so that it 'remembers' to start in the TV Shows section when you click on the TV Shows button.

However you won't be able to completely hide all the other videos since pressing the back button when looking at TV Shows will always take you back to the full list of sources eventually.
I know it's possible to get the music tiled view to scroll horizontally but what about the movie one?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If you have the sources setup as they are described in djh's readme.txt then you should be able to set it up so that it 'remembers' to start in the TV Shows section when you click on the TV Shows button.

However you won't be able to completely hide all the other videos since pressing the back button when looking at TV Shows will always take you back to the full list of sources eventually.

Go into Home sources in the custom skin options and click on the TV Shows button. Then set it as "TV Shows" or whatever the name of the folder you want.

That is the sole purpose of the Home sources option.
Affini,
I was trying to recreate the time overlap problem you were having in an earlier post. Are you by chance using a resolution other than 720p or
have a modified font.xml?

I changed my date and time to the same date in your post and it does not overlap for me...Oo
Hi, This skin is definitively ths best one. As french speaking, I've just a problem to properly display speciel charachters like "é", "à", "ê", "ç", .... I suppose that I should use an othr font but I don't know how to do this. PS: I didn't had this proble with Project Mahem.

thanks for all your work !

Eric
Is this the only skin that interests people nowdays?
I'm waiting for updates on a bunch of other skins (Pandora for example) but I just see this thread get bumped day after day. Sad

Good for those that like this skin though. And all new well managed skins are of course good for the community.
wreezig Wrote:Is this the only skin that interests people nowdays?
I'm waiting for updates on a bunch of other skins (Pandora for example) but I just see this thread get bumped day after day. Sad

Good for those that like this skin though. And all new well managed skins are of course good for the community.

Not to hijack this thread but Pandora has reached a stop it would seem. I have in my spare time been working on somthing with pandora icons but it is not pandora and will be a long long time before I come anywhere near finishing it or probably showing it to the public anyway
Again, to echo what Jezz is saying and NOT to hijack the thread. However, I feel that Jezz is right with Pandora coming to a full stop for now (isn't this the way of promising skins?). It's had it's fair share of stop/start moments, and seems to be continuing that way.

I hope that something can happen soon, but I'm not convinced it will.
Wir3d - looks like deleting and starting over fixed it, thx.

One feature that would be nice to see is the ability to set the Home menu scroller links via the GUI. I use Files (not Library) for both Movies and TV Shows and they are both in separate folders under the same fileserver share \Media. I'd like to be able to set the settings in the GUI and not need to modify the XMLs directly. If there is already a way to do this, I must have missed it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I found the sources settings... nevermind Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I am trying to complete another update where you can set the main scroller names. For instance you could change Arcade to Emulation or Apps to Programs.
Also added some other stuff and did a little cleaning up.

Having an issue getting the home scroller mod working...For some reason it doesn't allow the <info> function on the home scroller :confused2: :confused2: Might have to choose a different control.

Anyways hopefully something soon. Sure wish we could put this in SVN!
When djh first announced this skin I immediately fell for it's fantastic looks and great design. When he then said that he had to take a break from it I was frustrated as I wanted to use it as my default skin but there were some parts of the functionality that I used on a day to day basis that weren't quite implemented.

That is what prompted me to start the mod in the first place and over the last few weeks I've pretty much implemented all the functionality I needed (plus a few other things that other people have requested) but it's now getting to the stage where any more changes could start to move the skin away from the original vision that djh has for the skin.

I now have some ideas for a brand new skin so am going to wind down the work on the mod and being focusing on the new skin. I am planning to release the final version of the mod later this week so if you have anything that you think should be implemented in that release please let me know ASAP (as it currently stands this release will have video bookmarks implemented, wider area for time display and a few other minor cosmetic changes).

Hopefully djh will get back soon and move the skin into SVN so that future releases can be better structured (having to install the mod on top of the original skin is not an ideal solution) and the skin will move from Alpha to at least Beta! Big Grin
Skunkm0nkee,
Can you integrate my "font problem" (cfr post 545) into your last mod ?
Or do I need to do an other manual operation ?

Thanks for your help,

Eric
ewaterke Wrote:Skunkm0nkee,
Can you integrate my "font problem" (cfr post 545) into your last mod ?
Or do I need to do an other manual operation ?

Thanks for your help,

Eric

If you can see those special characters in other skins then the issue is not specifically with the skin but with the fonts the skin uses (as you guessed in your post).

The way to get around this is to place fonts in the skin/Xephyr/fonts folder that do contain the special characters (you could try copying them from other skins and renaming them).
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24