• 37(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
@primaeval, I'm using my modified skin (control 7024), so now the updates that you make are no longer appearing. Is it right or should I have done something wrong?
(2016-11-09, 23:25)Hinkel Wrote: @primaeval, I'm using my modified skin (control 7024), so now the updates that you make are no longer appearing. Is it right or should I have done something wrong?

All the code updates are coming through to you but if I add a button to trigger new features and it's not in your skin you won't see them.

So keep an eye on the Changelog. I try to announce any new features there.

Then have a look at the Github commits to see what has changed between versions, especially in the skins.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...its/master

[EDIT] Also, try the Default skin every now and again to see if things have changed, especially in the Dialogs.
@primaeval, the channel logos should only be shown where the program image is not available like in PVR (Titan skin). Could you take a look at those codes to find out how it works there? Who knows, it can be adapted in your script? So you could increase the size of the logo and this will occupy the empty space in the window where there is no image of the program. It's just an idea, sorry, I do not want to give you more work. Sorry for the bad English, I do not know if I explained it correctly.
(2016-11-11, 02:14)Hinkel Wrote: @primaeval, the channel logos should only be shown where the program image is not available like in PVR (Titan skin). Could you take a look at those codes to find out how it works there? Who knows, it can be adapted in your script? So you could increase the size of the logo and this will occupy the empty space in the window where there is no image of the program. It's just an idea, sorry, I do not want to give you more work. Sorry for the bad English, I do not know if I explained it correctly.

Channel Logos are usually pretty low resolution so I really don't want to make them any bigger. If you do you can in your skin.

If you want the channel logo hidden just put control 7024 before control 7023 in the file and it will be hidden when there is a program logo.

There are also Conditional Visibility rules that you can use to set when it will be visible in the skin.
http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_Skinning_Manu...Visibility
Exclamation 
version 0.0.189
- "Fall back to Channel Logo for Program Image" in Settings\Lab1
- "Delete TheLogoDB.com Cache" in Settings\Logos
- !The Fall Back setting will use full size logos from TheLogoDB and might look bad in the epg

@Hinkel Here is an experiment for you in Lab1.

If you are using TheLogoDB.com logos make sure you delete the cache first with "Delete TheLogoDB.com Cache" in Settings\Logos.

Then turn on "Fall back to Channel Logo for Program Image" in Settings\Lab1.

Turn off "Show Channel Logo in EPG" in Settings\Appearance if you don't want the small channel logo too.

The full size Channel Logo will be used for the Program Image in the main epg if no Program Image can be found.

The small Channel Logos will probably look a bit pixelated now.

TheLogoDb.com logo cache ends up here:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\logos
@primaeval, I liked, looks good here, thank you. I don"t use TheLogosDB. I use only 70 channels so I have my own logos and they are well sized, better than LogosDB. Now I don"t need to change the XML every time a new version is released. Thank you very much I promise I will not give you more work, lol ... Cheers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Bol1gy...p=drivesdk
(2016-11-11, 20:27)Hinkel Wrote: @primaeval, I liked, looks good here, thank you. I don"t use TheLogosDB. I use only 70 channels so I have my own logos and they are well sized, better than LogosDB. Now I don"t need to change the XML every time a new version is released. Thank you very much I promise I will not give you more work, lol ... Cheers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Bol1gy...p=drivesdk

I'm glad you like it.

You might want to turn off "Show Channel Logo in EPG" in Settings\Appearance if you don't want 2 logos at the same time.
Very cool, now it's as good as I expected.
Just one more question: why with dark background the grid lines disappear? I think they might turn gray.
Doesn't matter, it's fine. Thank you very much for your attention.
(2016-11-11, 22:05)Hinkel Wrote: Very cool, now it's as good as I expected.
Just one more question: why with dark background the grid lines disappear? I think they might turn gray.
Doesn't matter, it's fine. Thank you very much for your attention.

The grid lines are actually space around a transparent black texture for each program in the epg grid.
It should be tvg-program-nofocus.png in the skin's media folder.
You need to choose your background carefully to make the lines stand out.

If there is an error in the code in gui.py sometimes those textures won't get drawn and you have found a bug. Wink
If you do please let me know and show me the error in kodi.log.
Ok.
Thank you so much for all of your attention. Great job.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.190
- Settings \ Appearance \ Favourite Favourites = Favourites|Simple Favourites|Super Favourites

SPMC sometimes doesn't play nice with Simple Favourites for some reason,
so there is a new Setting to choose your Favourite Favourites handler.

If you didn't know; you can always set up a hotkey to launch addons with the Kodi Keymap Editor addon.

[EDIT] I think I've fixed the SPMC problem by making Simple Favourites only appear in the Programs menu.
@primaeval, sorry for asking such a silly question, but I still have not understood the advantage of using SimpleFavorite. Is not the same as Kodi Favorite?
(2016-11-15, 01:17)Hinkel Wrote: @primaeval, sorry for asking such a silly question, but I still have not understood the advantage of using SimpleFavorite. Is not the same as Kodi Favorite?

Simple Favourite has a few advantages:
* it can show the Favourites in a Folder View with Thumbnails etc
* it can link to addons that hide the context menu so you can't normally use Add to Favourites
* it has Folders to organise your Favourites in
* it is less complicated than Super Favourites, but of course less powerful in some ways

There is the option now to choose which you prefer: Favourites, Simple Favourites, Super Favourites.

Some of the big name addons (which shall not be named) still do some sneaky tricks to stop people linking to them.
There are ways to stop that but you need a bit of knowledge to patch their code.

programmers hint:
xbmc.log(repr(sys.argv)) will show you how an addon is called if you add it to its main .py file
if you follow the code when run normally or run from a shortcut you can find the difference
Thank you!
Hi, great addon, everything was working fine since installation 2 days ago, now guide doesnt show any listing, only the channel logo.

I refreshed but nothing. What can cause that?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8