• 37(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2018-04-24, 12:44)Punished Wrote: Guys, as of the latest app update I'm not able to open it anymore.
I get a dependency error.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
I have 2 unhappy children right now :-)
 debug log (wiki) please..
The option api key isn’t even available in YouTube settings so where am I suppose to put them?

It’s general, mpeg, folder, advance.

Before there used to be api not anymore
(2018-04-26, 21:03)adventurousman Wrote: The option api key isn’t even available in YouTube settings so where am I suppose to put them?

It’s general, mpeg, folder, advance.

Before there used to be api not anymore
 it's in Settings under API

I’ve 15.2 and in there, there are only 4 options
(2018-04-27, 19:34)adventurousman Wrote: I’ve 15.2 and in there, there are only 4 options
 Why are you running such an old version of Kodi ?
(2018-04-27, 19:34)adventurousman Wrote: I’ve 15.2 and in there, there are only 4 options
 You should upgrade to the latest version of the plugin (5.5.1) otherwise you may not get the functionality you want.

Jeff
It’s 5.5.1 and just a few weeks ago when I had checked, the option was available but not anymore

I’m running an older version because my pc is old, can’t run newer versions
@adventurousman If you are using Confluence or another skin it's likely they are just off screen. If the categories (General, MPEG-DASH, Folders, Advanced) are horizontal just keep navigating to the right, if vertical just keep navigating downward.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
They’re horizontal and there is an arrow next to advanced but nothing happens when I click it, same with navigation. This mpeg option didn’t exist till few weeks back but now it has taken api”s place
I don't think you can click on the arrow. Instead just using the right arrow button on your keyboard or remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hi,

I've been having trouble with the YouTube addon for a while on 2 machines.
I suspect they have the same issue, but after researching for a month or so, I cant find any obvious solutions.
Thus here I am...
1. Intel NUC: Linux Mint Mate 64bit 18.1 - Kodi 17.6 installed via offical TeamXBMC PPA
2. Acer Laptop: Linux Mint Mate 64bit 18.3 - Kodi 17.6 installed via offical TeamXBMC PPA

The symptoms are identical on both systems.
My current version Youtube addon is 5.3.12. But this stopped working with no play-back errors in the last month or so.
The reason I'm still on 5.3.12 was because since then every update has not worked for me, so I left it rolled back.
So when this stopped working I updated via official repository to 5.5.1 but alas it doesn't work.
I can launch it, then search (no artwork is displayed) then when I select a video it reports a play back error.

So I'm currently working on the laptop as this is more convenient for me, and once Ive got it working I'll apply that solution to the NUC.
Here is what Ive tried so far:
Uninstall addon and reinstall - Playback error
Delete youtube addon folders/files, reinstall - Playback error
Remove & Purge Kodi, reinstalled Kodi via PPA, install only youtube addon - Playback error
Installed kodi-inputstream-adaptive 2.1.13-1 set MPEG-DASH on - Kodi hangs
Installed kodi-inputstream-rtmp 2.0.3-1 MPEG-DASH on - Kodi hangs
Remove & Purge Kodi 17.6, installed Kodi 18a via PPA and youtube addon - Playback error
Installed kodi-inputstream-adaptive 2.1.13-1 set MPEG-DASH on - Kodi hangs
Installed kodi-inputstream-rtmp 2.0.3-1 MPEG-DASH on - Kodi hangs

Now I'm need some experties
I hope Ive set the debug log correct, and pasted here
Debug Log

Many thanks for all time/advice/help given
F
(2018-04-24, 02:53)Steph09 Wrote: Using the latest Kodi nightly & Youtube beta videos & everything plays perfectly.

Only problem seems to be that the watched marker is no longer displaying for Youtube. Stuff watched before I upgraded to kodi test versions a week or so ago have the watched markers displayed but all stuff watched since I opted to give the test builds a go do not display any watched status (Partial or fully watched tick).
I have the same issue, that the watched status doesn't work anymore.
I'm also using the last nightly of Kodi and beta of the Youtube Plugin.

I also have tried to go back to a earlier nightly and beta. But it didn't fixed my issue. Sad
I also can't see an error or so in the Debug-Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4ScRfx5pKJ/

Does someone have an idea how to fix this?

Best Regards,
Datafreak
Hello, im trying to open playlists trough media_player.kodi_call_method method: Player.Open
file: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLpc9QDUSa7bge6pcikc_FLYpH4s215ndb&mode=[shuffle]
but its just spinning the wheel and not open or return any error. Any ideas what i can try?
(2018-04-22, 10:48)Fludizz Wrote: I have noticed something odd... when trying to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uNsYbs3t3E from my subscriptions, the video seems to stall after anywhere between 1 and 3 minutes of playing or the video freezes and the audio does continue in a slightly distorted way.

With debug logging enabled, I didn't catch it stalling completely, but I did catch if freezing video but not audio. Here's the debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/VfHVRHPkNB/

[edit]
I now also have a debug log that contains an instance of stalling video: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7v3kQTXwGq/

In this log, I noticed there is a "timeout" message... which is strange. The pi is connected using ethernet cable, I have 1Gbit internet and any other system plays the youtube video just fine.
 Issue seems to have been isolated to streams being served from these two specific servers/domain:
* r14---sn-5hne6nse.googlevideo.com
* r7---sn-5hne6nse.googlevideo.com

I have set up long running pings to these two hostnames and have observed intermittent packet loss towards these two servers. Other servers I have identified as stream sources are not showing packet loss at all.
At this point in time, all video's appear to be playing fine again and these servers are no longer showing packet loss.

Looks like inputstream seems to have trouble handling the video stream when the source server is "not as stable" as one would like. That is the only explanation I can think of why Kodi had issue whereas other devices could play the stream from the same source servers just fine.
(Got to love having a linux router Big Grin Just packet dump and analyze which servers are being used by various client)
Using Kodi/LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Sony KDL-42W706B and an external audio receiver
OK, above issue is now confirmed... Have detected problems on server r12---sn-5hne6nse.googlevideo.com now - consistently failing at a random point with a "time-out" message. This server is not showing packet loss though.
As a test, I have now disabled MPEG-DASH and restarted a video that consistently failed and it now works fine but it did log similar messages to the following in the log a couple of time:

Code:
23:20:04.530 T:1353708448   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)
23:20:04.530 T:1353708448 WARNING: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1

So, it seems that inputstream is not handling server instability OK but the youtube plugin itself is fine.

Hopefully we'll get a new release of LibreELEC with Kodi18 and a newer version of Inputstream soon as this issue seems to be specific to inputstream and is hopefully resolved in newer versions.
Using Kodi/LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Sony KDL-42W706B and an external audio receiver
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18