• 38(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-07-26, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 18:11)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 22:13)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately, I have no way of replicating the issue you mention, as I do not have a PVR client that can do recordings.  Could you please post the link here to a debug log of when the issue happens? You can follow the instructions here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy.  That way I can check to see if there is anything particular or if there is any error when the issue happens.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart      
Thank you for your answer @bsoriano.

According to your link to create a log file, you need a keyboard (I only have a remote control) and create a file "advancedsettings.xml". It seems a little complicated.

In fact, as I explained, when I delete a TV recording, the TV recordings shelf is empty but remains displayed. Then, more way to access the last TV channels watched shelf.

In previous versions of Amber, when the TV recordings shelf was empty, it was hidden and left room for the last TV channels watched shelf.

As I said above, by displaying 2 shelves at the same time, the TV recordings shelf is better managed and disappears when it is empty.

Thanks again for keeping us informed about everything you do for Amber.   
@Cyberdom , thanks for the additional detail, perhaps I did not quite understand before.  I will try to replicate this with other types of shelves.  Which one is Shelf 1 for you, the last tv channels watched or the recordings one?

Regards,

Bart  
Thank you @bsoriano. My first shelf is the last TV channels watched shelf.
@bsoriano since the auto size is not possible I tried here increase the height of image and center the text inside it, and using <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>. I also increased font size a little (to 18).
Look (I made just for horizontal menu)
xml:
<include name="HorizTitleButtonBelowTopBar">
        <left>0</left>
        <top>39</top>
        <height>46</height>                
        <width>320</width>
        <texturefocus />
        <texturenofocus />
        <align>center</align>
        <font>FanartTitleFont</font>
        <textcolor>FFDFDFDF</textcolor>
        <focusedcolor>Highlight</focusedcolor>
        <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
        <label>$VAR[FanartTitleVar]</label>
    </include>

xml:

<include name="ShowFanartTitle">
<control type="group">
            <visible>[String.IsEqual(Container(300).ListItem.Property(background),playlistBackground) | String.EndsWith(Container(300).ListItem.Property(background),.Fanart)] + !String.IsEqual(Container(300).ListItem.Property(background),Weather.Fanart)</visible>
            <control type="image">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>41.3</top>
                <height>98</height>                
                <width>350</width>
                <texture flipx="true" flipy="true">common/TimePanel.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>dfcebe9e</colordiffuse>
                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(FanartTitle.InTopBar) + !Skin.HasSetting(VerticalHome)</visible>
</control>

What do you think?
I tested with the text "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" and fit perfect.
What I don't understand is if I put the "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" direct in <label> they not show correct, but if this is inside a $VAR (like is) they show correct. In $VAR also it show "..." if the text is more big than width.
And why if I use the same width of image in text they not be align in center of image?

I little bug that you can correct easily is if I change the font in Interface Settings, background name will not show correctly.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-27, 18:35)edjalmo Wrote: <control type="image"> <left>0</left> <top>41.3</top> <height>98</height> <width>350</width> <texture flipx="true" flipy="true">common/TimePanel.png</texture> <colordiffuse>dfcebe9e</colordiffuse> <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(FanartTitle.InTopBar) + !Skin.HasSetting(VerticalHome)</visible></control>

@edjalmo , nice work as usual on the positioning and sizing.  I don't have the answers as to why it works in a VAR and not directly on the label.  I included your changes, as well as the fixes for the other fonts in Git.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Bart
(2019-07-27, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 18:35)edjalmo Wrote: <control type="image"> <left>0</left> <top>41.3</top> <height>98</height> <width>350</width> <texture flipx="true" flipy="true">common/TimePanel.png</texture> <colordiffuse>dfcebe9e</colordiffuse> <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(FanartTitle.InTopBar) + !Skin.HasSetting(VerticalHome)</visible></control>

@edjalmo , nice work as usual on the positioning and sizing.  I don't have the answers as to why it works in a VAR and not directly on the label.  I included your changes, as well as the fixes for the other fonts in Git.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks! Smile
I removed the italic, but that wasn't intentional, sorry. Can you put it again (maybe in top bar too)?
And another little detail I noticed: don't disable background name when playing something in background unless the option "put name in top bar" was enable.
(2019-07-26, 01:02)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , could you please try the latest from Git (not in the Amber repo or Kodi repo yet)?.  It is only working right now for videos, for the list views (List, Low List, Big List and Tall List).  When the sort order is appropriate (Title, Name), and you press Right from a list item, you will see the alphabet strip.  If you press Right from the alphabet strip, you go to the scrollbar.  I can change the order (first scrollbar, then alphabet), but it seemed more intuitive to me like I have it now.  There is no option to enable/disable the alphabet strip right now. 

Looks great Bart! It's a pity the embuary library doesn't support showing the items with the chosen letter at the top of the list (rather than the bottom), but you have no control over that.

I saw it in most places I'd expect (including TV Shows and Music) but it doesn't appear in Movies after you pick a genre. Eg. Movies -> submenu Genre -> Horror -> right arrow - no letters. Same for Recently Added and In Progress submenus. These are all in list view for me.

Thanks very much!
(2019-07-28, 01:30)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks! Smile
I removed the italic, but that wasn't intentional, sorry. Can you put it again (maybe in top bar too)?
And another little detail I noticed: don't disable background name when playing something in background unless the option "put name in top bar" was enable.

@edjalmo, sure thing, I will add back italics. I will look at the second issue also. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-28, 06:13)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 01:02)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , could you please try the latest from Git (not in the Amber repo or Kodi repo yet)?.  It is only working right now for videos, for the list views (List, Low List, Big List and Tall List).  When the sort order is appropriate (Title, Name), and you press Right from a list item, you will see the alphabet strip.  If you press Right from the alphabet strip, you go to the scrollbar.  I can change the order (first scrollbar, then alphabet), but it seemed more intuitive to me like I have it now.  There is no option to enable/disable the alphabet strip right now. 

Looks great Bart! It's a pity the embuary library doesn't support showing the items with the chosen letter at the top of the list (rather than the bottom), but you have no control over that.

I saw it in most places I'd expect (including TV Shows and Music) but it doesn't appear in Movies after you pick a genre. Eg. Movies -> submenu Genre -> Horror -> right arrow - no letters. Same for Recently Added and In Progress submenus. These are all in list view for me.

Thanks very much!

@spudstuff, thanks! I will look at those scenarios, I am not sure yet why it is not shown there.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-28, 06:13)spudstuff Wrote:

Thanks very much! 
@spudstuff , I checked and the issue is that the alphabet strip will only show up if the sort method is an A-Z sort method (name, title, album, artist, etc.) Recently Added submenu is sorted by dateadded descending and you cannot change it, In Progress is sorted by last played date.  Anywhere where you want the alphabet strip to show up, needs to have an A-Z sort method, ascending or descending.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-28, 14:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 01:30)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , nice work as usual on the positioning and sizing.  I don't have the answers as to why it works in a VAR and not directly on the label.  I included your changes, as well as the fixes for the other fonts in Git.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks! Smile

@edjalmo, sure thing, I will add back italics. I will look at the second issue also. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart 

@edjalmo , both changes are in Git already.  I also fixed not going to the sideblade if you press right from the scrollbar in media views.  And I also added the option provided by the Embuary Helper script to only show the letters of the alphabet strip for which there are items in the list.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I have been using this version , mistakenly thinking that it didn't include "script skin shortcuts " haha, I just noticed ( a couple of months late ) that you merged the other one containing SSS with this one. I tried to stay away from SSS skins, because of the speed loss , some will disagree am sure but SSS slows things down for me or at least it did, this skin is smooth. I was trying the "estuarymod v2" skin , has a similar vertical menu bar to amber but I like the collapsible menu feature, but even on a mac with 12gb ram it doesn't run anywhere near as smooth as amber.
|Just having a test of this embuary alphabet feature , looks good, thanks again for this great skin.
(2019-07-28, 20:56)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , I checked and the issue is that the alphabet strip will only show up if the sort method is an A-Z sort method (name, title, album, artist, etc.) Recently Added submenu is sorted by dateadded descending and you cannot change it, In Progress is sorted by last played date.  Anywhere where you want the alphabet strip to show up, needs to have an A-Z sort method, ascending or descending.

Of course, that makes total sense. Sorry!

Cheers, Adam.
(2019-07-29, 00:20)ontap Wrote: I have been using this version , mistakenly thinking that it didn't include "script skin shortcuts " haha, I just noticed ( a couple of months late ) that you merged the other one containing SSS with this one. I tried to stay away from SSS skins, because of the speed loss , some will disagree am sure but SSS slows things down for me or at least it did, this skin is smooth. I was trying the "estuarymod v2" skin , has a similar vertical menu bar to amber but I like the collapsible menu feature, but even on a mac with 12gb ram it doesn't run anywhere near as smooth as amber.
|Just having a test of this embuary alphabet feature , looks good, thanks again for this great skin.
@ontap , thank you so much! I am glad you are having a good experience with Amber Smile

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

@sualfred has added to his Embuary Helper script the ability to show ratings (imdb, tmdb, rt, etc.) outisde the info dialog, without going online to get any info.  This uses the ratings stored in your Kodi database, just like what Amber shows in the info dialog. 

I am thinking of adding this to Amber, and wanted your feedback of where else would you like to see the ratings.  Some of the places I was thinking were:

1. All media views (have to decide which to show and where, as the space is not the same in all views)
2. Video OSD

Of course, I would make this optional, for those who do not wish to see ratings in other places.  Also, they would look very similar to the info dialog, meaning that the icons would only be colored ones.

So please let me know if this is something you would like to see in Amber and where outside the info dialog you would like to see them.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-28, 21:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 14:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 01:30)edjalmo Wrote: Thanks! Smile

Regards,

Bart  

@edjalmo , both changes are in Git already.  I also fixed not going to the sideblade if you press right from the scrollbar in media views.  And I also added the option provided by the Embuary Helper script to only show the letters of the alphabet strip for which there are items in the list.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks!
The background name is not showing after this update. It are only showing if I put it in top bar.
Is not better remove the other scrollbar when alphabet strip are enable?
Center alphabet strip between top bar and movie info bar, this way it will show better when not have movies with all letters.
And this works for scrolling without pressing enter?
(2019-07-29, 15:48)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 21:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-28, 14:49)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, sure thing, I will add back italics. I will look at the second issue also. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart  

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks!
The background name is not showing after this update. It are only showing if I put it in top bar.
Is not better remove the other scrollbar when alphabet strip are enable?
Center alphabet strip between top bar and movie info bar, this way it will show better when not have movies with all letters.
And this works for scrolling without pressing enter? 
@edjalmo , I will check the issue you mention.

I will not remove the scrollbar when the alphabet strip is showing, I like having the reminder that it is there.  You are welcome to mod the skin if you like.

I am not sure I can center the strip, given that I do not know in advance what size it will be.  I will research some more how to do this. 

And no, as far as I can tell, that code does nothing to automatically scroll the list while you are scrolling the alphabet strip.  If you take a look at the date, that code is from 2 years ago.

Regards,

Bart
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5