• 39(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
(2017-03-29, 02:06)braz Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 23:10)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Braz,

Quite a simple question...hope in a simple answer as well... Wink

How is possible to prevent the pop-up asking to install the ExtendedInfo script when entering in the info page of a movie/tv show or episode if I don't want to install that add-on?

Thanks in advance.
I have the visibility set to only show those elements if the extendedinfo script is installed, but Kodi still prompts to install it. Nothing the skin can do AFAIK, except to completely remove support for the script.

Ok, thanks. Just to understand, what does trigger Kodi to prompt the installation pop-up? Is some part of the code inside the DialogVideoInfo.xml?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-03-29, 02:15)braz Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 14:37)axlt2002 Wrote: Ciao Braz,

With reference to the Info page of a movie/tv show episode, a couple of questions related to the media flags:

- Would it be possible to have displayed nearby the media information the MPAA and the Top 250? This would be save space in the main window to display the Studios and Director (first screenshot);
- When the Top 250 is not present (second screenshot), using the approach above, it would be possible to display the duration (actually missing).

Note: Of course the order of the labels should be the same in both cases.

With reference to the Shift view:

- Would it be possible to add the missing icons related to the media information (i.e. aspect ratio and channels) as well as the MPAA, Top 250 and the rating? This would help to have already an almost complete view of the movie details.

Do these changes make sense for you? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

No plans to change the media flags. MPAA is kind of a pain since there are different country labels.

Just fixed duration for video info dialog. Available now on github.

Can you just point me which part of the code is related to the mada flags inside DialogVideoInfo.xml? I can try to make some exercise... Smile
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2017-03-29, 16:07)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 02:06)braz Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 23:10)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Braz,

Quite a simple question...hope in a simple answer as well... Wink

How is possible to prevent the pop-up asking to install the ExtendedInfo script when entering in the info page of a movie/tv show or episode if I don't want to install that add-on?

Thanks in advance.
I have the visibility set to only show those elements if the extendedinfo script is installed, but Kodi still prompts to install it. Nothing the skin can do AFAIK, except to completely remove support for the script.

Ok, thanks. Just to understand, what does trigger Kodi to prompt the installation pop-up? Is some part of the code inside the DialogVideoInfo.xml?
Kodi is responsible for that, not the skin. So there isn't anything in the XML files to change this behavior.
(2017-03-29, 16:08)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 02:15)braz Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 14:37)axlt2002 Wrote: Ciao Braz,

With reference to the Info page of a movie/tv show episode, a couple of questions related to the media flags:

- Would it be possible to have displayed nearby the media information the MPAA and the Top 250? This would be save space in the main window to display the Studios and Director (first screenshot);
- When the Top 250 is not present (second screenshot), using the approach above, it would be possible to display the duration (actually missing).

Note: Of course the order of the labels should be the same in both cases.

With reference to the Shift view:

- Would it be possible to add the missing icons related to the media information (i.e. aspect ratio and channels) as well as the MPAA, Top 250 and the rating? This would help to have already an almost complete view of the movie details.

Do these changes make sense for you? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

No plans to change the media flags. MPAA is kind of a pain since there are different country labels.

Just fixed duration for video info dialog. Available now on github.

Can you just point me which part of the code is related to the mada flags inside DialogVideoInfo.xml? I can try to make some exercise... Smile
The media flags are in an include, look in Includes.xml. Though if you make the media flags wider, you will also have to adjust each view they appear in.
Hi Braz.
I'm having trouble making the Submenu widgets available on mimic or omni.
I've downloaded the zips from github and have krypton and marcelvelds reports.
Am I not doing something for them to be available?
Thanks again.
(2017-03-29, 17:17)stujohaigh Wrote: Hi Braz.
Thanks again.
Not sure what you mean, my skins don't support submenu widgets. The main menu widgets are displayed when the submenu is focused.
(2017-03-29, 17:27)braz Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 17:17)stujohaigh Wrote: Hi Braz.
Thanks again.
Not sure what you mean, my skins don't support submenu widgets. The main menu widgets are displayed when the submenu is focused.

Ah right sorry my misunderstanding.
Trying to use this skin on Krypton as I've always used it on Jarvis with no issue. I have a couple of things I'm not figuring out that i'm hoping someone here can help with.
1. Inside the Customize Menu area there is no more Add option to add more selections. That holds true for the main menu as well.
2. Some of the categories are locked in with this message over the screen "Your library is currently empty. In order to populate it with your personal..." How do you get rid of this and just make the categories regular categories? I have been all over this thing and I feel like i'm missing something really easy.

Any help would be appreciated.
(2017-03-31, 01:44)freedomstreams Wrote: Trying to use this skin on Krypton as I've always used it on Jarvis with no issue. I have a couple of things I'm not figuring out that i'm hoping someone here can help with.
1. Inside the Customize Menu area there is no more Add option to add more selections. That holds true for the main menu as well.
2. Some of the categories are locked in with this message over the screen "Your library is currently empty. In order to populate it with your personal..." How do you get rid of this and just make the categories regular categories? I have been all over this thing and I feel like i'm missing something really easy.

Any help would be appreciated.
1. Those options are in the context menu. Press "c" when a menu item is focused.
2. If you don't have any local content, you'll want to remove the default menu items that display that message and create new ones.
Is the poster view for widgets broken? Selecting poster seems to give a large box with descriptions next to each item, not the plain poster view (Omni uses normal poster view)

Thanks!
(2017-04-02, 23:07)funnypanks Wrote: Is the poster view for widgets broken? Selecting poster seems to give a large box with descriptions next to each item, not the plain poster view (Omni uses normal poster view)

Thanks!
Not broken, that's how it is designed.
Hi braz,

Again me... Angel

Where is possible to change the scroll speed of the text related to the plot diplayed in the DialogVideoInfo as well as in the Shift View (when the plot is enabled)?

I have tried to change the values inside the default.xml but it seems that there are no changes...

Thanks in advance for your help.
You can change the values in the include "AutoscrollDefault" within "Includes_CommonValues.xml". That will change DialogVideoInfo and Shift View, but it will also change the scroll characteristics of other textboxes that use "AutoscrollDefault".
Alternatively, within DialogVideoInfo and Shift View (if they are the only windows you are not happy with), you can comment out the line
Code:
<include>AutoscrollDefault</include>
as it pertains to the plot, and then replace it with your own autoscroll values. i.e.

Code:
<autoscroll time="3500" delay="5000" repeat="6000">!Skin.HasSetting(Disable.AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
Wow! That was really a clear and appreciated explaination! I will give it a try soon...

Thanks and have a nice day!
Hello ! First of all - I love mimic skin. Been using it with Kodi 16.1 for almost a year, but a time has come to update it at last. Mimic with Kodi 17.1 looks great as well, but there are some things to change to make it even better. The very first thing I noticed was I couldn't make overlay background set to 0 so I could see all the backgrounds for different sections in full opacity (I don't use any widgets, so a background without an overlay is what I'm looking for). I somehow bypassed it by making an overlay png file and it would work just fine, but the backgrounds don't dim when I enter specific sections and that makes the text almost invisible at times. So would it be possible to somehow modify the skin to have an overlay set to 0 on all home sections, but as soon as I enter any of them, the default overlay would be applied ?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help/answer.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2