Nintendo 64 Emulator
As with all the cores, it depends on libretro development and RetroPlayer development.
But I hope as soon as the retro player core is mainline some more devs will join garbear to push this project.
According to the Readme of dolphin-libretro it requires quite good hardware and has some more dependencies (like ppsspp), so this will not happen in the short term, I think.
(2015-05-08, 06:24)a1rwolf Wrote: twinaphex is commiting lot's of changes every day into the libretro core - bumping to a newer version of mupen64-libretro is no big deal (...)

I wasn't aware of that, sounds great!
The Raspberry Pi 2 can play some N64 games on full speed (n64 resolution). Like Mario Kart.
switched to garbears branch based on beta2 and cherry-picked my gl stuff, here:
https://github.com/a1rwulf/xbmc/commits/...5-beta2-gl

note that it's still linux only.
cya
So awesome that this is beeing worked on! I'd really like N64 in my Kodi setup Smile
hey folks,

good news - due to garbear's genius work with his latest retroplayer builds, I've just finished my first round of Mario Kart.
Early birds have to do the following (I think after everything is merged and bumped you won't need to compile separately):
Please note:
  • There are still rendering issues depending on the different gfx plugins (you can change in addon settings)
  • Mario Kart works good with the standard plugin
  • Super Mario and SSB for example render nice with the "rice" plugin and look awful with all others
  • I had to disable rewind in game settings because mupen crashed when loading

Enjoy!

PS.: Would like to hear your experience about it ;-)

Edit: You also have to copy over the .so-files from $HOME/kodi/lib to the corresponding $HOME/kodi/share folder.
@a1rwulf, very awesome. Big Grin
fyi: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173361
n64 was included in OE builds now.
@a1rwulf just tried this out and its very good!

I notice some games work perfectly and others are flickering. I haven't had a chance to change the plugin to see if that fixes the issue. Are you still actively developing this or is it complete?
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
hey charlie0440,

thanks for your feedback.
Seems you are one of few who did try n64 Smile

It's by far not complete. I was thrown off track last months because of work and also had to rebuild my home IT infrastructure.
Hopefully I can spend more time in the near future.
Lot of player code was changed recently inside Kodi and this stuff needs to be rebased on this.
That will also be the time where I want to fix the flickering issue (although I have no idea yet, why it's happening).
Also GLES support is on my list (needed for Android and RPi support).
Nice to have's like rumble pad integration is missing, etc. etc.

Meanwhile I'd appreciate your feedback, maybe you can also post some of the game titles that work for you.
I doubt many have used it right now, at least there was not much feedback on it.
Thanks for joining!
I'll have a play on Sunday evening, but Mario Kart was perfect as was donkey kong.

Duke Nukem & Goldeneye were kinda unplayable due to the flickering.

This was all with default settings I didn't change the plugin running on OE Generic

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
OK - some games work fine when you switch the plugin to rice fyi.
But Mario Kart has problems with the menu if rice is used - so it really depends on the game right now.
Is there a way to get a log from the libretro cores ie mupen? When I have debugging enabled I can see my CPU cores bouncing between 0-40%. Once or twice it has suddenly hit 100% and mupen stalls with frozen video and stuttering audio. When I quit and return to kodi the log just shows the game being launches and gives me nothing.

XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Are you on OpenELEC?
Because until now I only used the console log of the core and attached gdb.
Don't know a way how to retrieve logs directly from the core.
(2016-01-23, 15:12)charlie0440 Wrote: Is there a way to get a log from the libretro cores ie mupen? When I have debugging enabled I can see my CPU cores bouncing between 0-40%. Once or twice it has suddenly hit 100% and mupen stalls with frozen video and stuttering audio. When I quit and return to kodi the log just shows the game being launches and gives me nothing.

I think the log captures stdout, and the binary add-on API has logging support. If mupen64 has log lines in the source, they could be connected to one of these logging methods
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nintendo 64 Emulator3