WIP Chrome extension that tries to fix Netflix
Thanks, looks great!
Is there/will there be a way not to leave Kodi to use Netflix with your addon?
I just stumbled across this thread and all I can say is WOW. I'm blown away by this idea - well done! I noticed that the thread has gone a bit silent and am wondering if any updates are planned for this Chrome Extension?

The last post by the developer mentioned that the Netflix API has changed which has made some of the functionality break, and was hoping for an update.

Any news on that?
I gave up with this implementation. Seeing as I'm using windows8.1, I went with this method instead http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...st28250538
Awesome add on. Thanks for your work so far, I look forward to more!
Any more updates planned for this? Would love to see Search, but would guess that might be very hard.
Signed up for a membership to this forum to reply here. I'm trying to get Netflix working on my HTPC. I run Xubuntu Linux, and I have Kodi installed.

I was looking for a good remote-friendly Netflix interface. This looks like exactly what I want. I'm going to try this later today.
Just found this thread as well. This extension looks awesome. Seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. Hopefully development is still active. I've subscribed to the thread to keep an eye out.

Keep up the good work.
This is by far the best solution for netflix i have seen.

Keep up the good work.
I've also just found this thread, great extension!!!
Makes Netflix so much easier to navigate from an HTPC. The "new on Netflix" section is also pretty awesome since it isn't implemented in the normal browser version here. Hopefully you can continue working on this.
I would like to see some more development on this. I'm going to reload my home PC, put Kodi on it fresh (maybe plex too) and then get this on there. I'm trying to keep all streaming to one box as opposed to PS3, PC, Wii U, etc.. :-)

Also, the little tinkering I've done on my laptop thus far:
-How do you bring up info for an movie?
-Profile switching: one for the kids and one for the parents...I guess I COULD trust them to go to kids programs under the one profile
-When I do pick one of the genres, and it loads the next page, I get the netflix bit across the top, with profile, but then also get text from the website along the side, and it kind of ruins the clean look.
Love this, its a hell of a lot better than dealing with XBMCFlix.

A couple of things though.
Could we get a list of all the controls and what they do?
It would also be nice if you could modify them with a settings option. I personally have a custom mapped keyboard.xml in Kodi in order to use a Roku 2 remote with my HTPC.
This is really good work! I hadn't thought of approaching this as a chrome extension. Brilliant :-)
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for the lack of updates regarding this. Netflix made some changes to their internal api that I'm using (as you probably know, they don't offer a proper, public api) and my plugin stopped working. I'd been working on this for several days and got extremly irritated, and stopped.

Anyhow, I came to think of this project the other day and decided to have a look at it. I've fixed the issue with movie info (show movie info by pressing the letter i on the keyboard), and you can now again add and remove movies from your watch list.

The future of this project looks bleek, since Netflix seems to be making small, pointless changes to their page all the time. This plugin contains a custom css that hides all the unnecessary elements, but appearently they keep popping upp. So I need to look into something a bit more future proof. Also, Netflix can decide to change their internal api at any time, and then there would be even more work to get things running again.

So I'll see if it's possible to create a more "sturdy" solution, otherwise, I unfortunately think that this project is a dead end.

Thanks all!
/Daniel

Edit: Another quick update to hide some footer debris that was visible after netflix made some changes. The latest version is now 0.2.6.
Does profile switching work for you still? I mean, is it skinned and you can use the arrow keys to select a profile?
Thanks a lot for the update! Your work is much appreciated, frustrating as it must be for you. I really really love this extension, and hope it remains relevant for as long as possible.

(2015-03-27, 11:34)scsii Wrote: Does profile switching work for you still? I mean, is it skinned and you can use the arrow keys to select a profile?

The profile switching isn't working for me at the moment - it's showing the original netflix profile selection screen (not the skin) and arrow keys can't be used. The arrow keys weren't working for me in the previous version either. Profile switching isn't an issue for me, though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chrome extension that tries to fix Netflix4