What python games do you want for XBMC?
!!!!!Risk!!!!!
Arkanoid
sokoban
wack a mole with a mouse
sudoku(one that you can exit out of and doesnt take up the whole screen)
the flyswater game from mario paint
pyo pyo from wario ware
tetris attack
solitare
spider
chess/checkers

muliplayer games and stuff
B1llyGo4t Wrote:wack a mole with a mouse

Oh my god, i have make a monster... xD
It looks like it is already possible to play alot of these games on xbox. Atarii emulators have all this done already... Or is it the goal to port them to python instead to be able to incorperate the xbmc look?
nate12o6 Wrote:It looks like it is already possible to play alot of these games on xbox. Atarii emulators have all this done already... Or is it the goal to port them to python instead to be able to incorperate the xbmc look?

Make a native, XBMC phyton port... until we could be able to run compiled binay games over XBMC (i have the idea how to do it, but i don't have enought skills, time or components to try it Sad Maybe in summer i could be able to make a proff of concept...)
Sorry if i am not understanding the goal. But if you want to make a compiled version of these games can you not just use the openxdk? And how exactly could that be native code to xbmc as xbmc is not an OS?
I like the idea of listening to music and watching movies and stuff while playing, and simple turn based games. really tho, risk come on that would be sweet, with a save function...
Quote:until we could be able to run compiled binay games over XBMC (i have the idea how to do it, but i don't have enought skills, time or components to try it Maybe in summer i could be able to make a proff of concept...)

That is what i got from this thread. If it is compiled into a xbox binary you will not be able to have xbmc run at the same time.

Please let me know if i am just mis understanding the goal.
I think the goal is to make simple fun games that accentuate the XBMC persona. kinda like downloading a cellphone game
I like the Simon game.. that should work very well.

Recently there has been alot of the skin animation support added to python, these include the effects slide, rotate, fade, and zoom.

I think these can be appropriated for doing some of the backend animating-work in games to simplify the threading model abit (no more seperate animation threads maybe).

I might try to build a more game centered interface around these...
nate12o6 Wrote:Sorry if i am not understanding the goal. But if you want to make a compiled version of these games can you not just use the openxdk? And how exactly could that be native code to xbmc as xbmc is not an OS?

a) The first one it's a project of mine, that i think is possible to do (with a lot of work) and i want to try at least to demostrate it can work. It doesn't have anything to do with phyton games.

b) XBMC is not an OS, but it has his own phyton libs :p
I always enoyed this simple game in the old zx spectrum Smile

http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/generat...oGen).html

here is a newer version of it:
http://www.fd.com.ua/fdimages/staat2a.gif
hehe but I like how the simple version looks.
http://minigamecomp.org.uk/minigamecomp/...Bomber.png
I also remembered this gameas fun (altough this port seems a little slow in movement)
digger
http://www.play.vg/games/58-Digger.html
Simon sounds like a good idea!!..

What about something like whack-a-mole. If each mole/graphic was associated to each button and the quicker it was pressed the better you score..

Could also incorporate loads of different theme instead of the mole like, Bill Gates,George Bush, Hello-Kitty, Tony Blair etc... Could make this a real must..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
chunk_1970 Wrote:Simon sounds like a good idea!!..

I was thinking about it a lot, maybe it could be my first phyton try, but i don't have almost any time... Sad

chunk_1970 Wrote:What about something like whack-a-mole. If each mole/graphic was associated to each button and the quicker it was pressed the better you score..

Could also incorporate loads of different theme instead of the mole like, Bill Gates,George Bush, Hello-Kitty, Tony Blair etc... Could make this a real must..

Great! X-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What python games do you want for XBMC?1