After Kodi 17.6 install Defender says Trojan Win32/Vigorf.A found!
(2017-12-09, 08:52)DarrenHill Wrote: For a start, avoid banned add-on (wiki) builds, or else you may well open yourself up to exactly the kind of thing you're trying to avoid in this thread, namely viruses and malware.

Many of the 3rd party addons in such builds use illegally sourced pirated media and suchlike from shady file locker sites that could come with all sorts of nasty extras if you're not careful...

The executable downloaded from here or our mirrors is checked and clean. But we can and do offer no such guarantees for anything else you may choose to contaminated it with afterwards.

You’re right of course, but did you read the whole thread?
Clearly it is not about add-ons and such, as the problem is the installer failing to download due to Defender recognizing it having a trojan.
Could it be possible that the file or your server has been hacked, since the Windows Store version of 17.6 does not have this issue?

T.
(2017-12-09, 08:52)DarrenHill Wrote: For a start, avoid banned add-on (wiki) builds, or else you may well open yourself up to exactly the kind of thing you're trying to avoid in this thread, namely viruses and malware.

Many of the 3rd party addons in such builds use illegally sourced pirated media and suchlike from shady file locker sites that could come with all sorts of nasty extras if you're not careful...

The executable downloaded from here or our mirrors is checked and clean. But we can and do offer no such guarantees for anything else you may choose to contaminated it with afterwards.
Darren, this automatic response, with only generalities is no a help for nothing.
If read the reports, situation is clear. 
In windows (at least in windows 10), with WINDOWS DEFENDER (default antivirus), the OFFICIAL executable of Kodi 17.6 is marked as trojan.
Yes, is problem of malfunction of windows defender and Microsoft. But Kodi OFFICIAL TEAM must report this to microsoft defender team. Leave the reports in the hands of simple users is swing the lead.  There are too many users with little knowledge that they will not know (or will not dare) to inhibit the normal functioning of the antivirus and will believe in the presence of a Trojan.
Did you read the whole thread? we’ve clearly stated it’s a false positive.
And?
These users uploading reports of new positives need a different answer.
They (I) want know that sombody are doing something to solve the (false) positive
(2017-12-09, 13:06)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you read the whole thread? we’ve clearly stated it’s a false positive.

Yes you did, but it does not negate the fact that after installation two files are found by Defender with a trojan signature. And when removed kodi functions normally. No crashes, nothing.

And when installing from Windows Store no issues. That, to me, suggests different files. And that suggests a real problem with the installer file.

T.
Hi, I’m new here (from Norway)… I have the same problem as you had today. My hardware is INTEL NUC7i5/ win10Pro.
My problem today was that I accepted the virus warning (Win32/Vigorf)(brainless), then I try to remove it, but I don’t make it. This ended with a full reinstall of win 10.

I will follow this tema ...
LMFAO, you guys are hysterical.  First time on the internet?
(2017-12-05, 13:46)angryguy123 Wrote: I just installed Kodi via https://kodi.tv/download then click on "Windows" and "Installer" Download via your official Link to Mirrors. After downloading and installing it, Windows Defender says Malware found: Win32/Vigorf.A

The mirrors are: use.se and leaseweb.net

Is this a false positive?
(2017-12-05, 14:04)angryguy123 Wrote: Same at hosteurope.de and rwth-aachen.de as Mirrors.
The download of the .exe gets stopped by Defender after 99% and Defender says Trojan found.
 the app will not launch from the microsoft store and windows defender will not allow the download..
 is there a solution
(2017-12-09, 19:18)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: LMFAO, you guys are hysterical.  First time on the internet?

Nice.

Your last time on the internet?
(2017-12-09, 14:02)Tantrum Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 13:06)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you read the whole thread? we’ve clearly stated it’s a false positive.

Yes you did, but it does not negate the fact that after installation two files are found by Defender with a trojan signature. And when removed kodi functions normally. No crashes, nothing.

And when installing from Windows Store no issues. That, to me, suggests different files. And that suggests a real problem with the installer file.

T. 
sorry but when installing from windows store it won't launch
(2017-12-09, 19:40)Tantrum Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 19:18)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: LMFAO, you guys are hysterical.  First time on the internet?

Nice.

Your last time on the internet?   
 RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl
(2017-12-09, 19:45)carmen1958 Wrote: sorry but when installing from windows store it won't launch 
  Can't you just temporarily turn off Windows Real-Time Protection while you install Kodi, then turn it back on? Unless you actually do think there is a trojan in there.
That worked for me. After install enable Defender and scan. You’ll be able to remove the threat.

T.
(2017-12-09, 12:49)Tantrum Wrote:

You’re right of course, but did you read the whole thread?
Clearly it is not about add-ons and such, as the problem is the installer failing to download due to Defender recognizing it having a trojan.
Could it be possible that the file or your server has been hacked, since the Windows Store version of 17.6 does not have this issue?

T. 
 the windows store version will not launch. so there is a problem somewhere.. BTW this started just yesterday the 8th of dec. It was never the case before. So there has to be a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Kodi 17.6 install Defender says Trojan Win32/Vigorf.A found!0