• 40(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Hey guys,
How can I open the firewall so I can use this, like I said earlier my pc shows up on the remote, but it simply doesnt connect, I have no access to my router, so is there a way I can do it from my pc?
(2012-11-18, 01:23)lowridin_guy Wrote: As I said everything works great except the major lag when a plugin calls for the keyboard function.
Ah ok! I know the issue when a plugin calls for the keyboard function, I don't know if it can be easily fixed.

@bdot, thank you! about an initial screen that is just the letters of the alphabet is something that I've already considered, perhaps I'm missing a call that tell me all the used letters of the alphabet for each section before requesting all the info.

@thegreatenad, if you are on windows, try to right click xbmc.exe and see if there are some configurable firewall rules under the file properties.
Hi, I'm new xbmc's world but I like much.I have a problem and I think that is for nightly android version but I prefer to ask. I have Official xbmc remote for Ipad and I've installed nightly android xbmc in my Galaxy S2, everything works well except the banners in TV show I view poster. I've unchecked "prefer poster" in android TV show options and in skin don't be this option. would you like help me? thank.
hello! if you are using the frodo nightly than the eden, you have to wait a bit before that a new app version is published due the fact that the way XBMC treats tv banners and posters has changed. You can try if this steps can help you (but are true for eden)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1191842
(2012-11-20, 11:29)joethefox Wrote: hello! if you are using the frodo nightly than the eden, you have to wait a bit before that a new app version is published due the fact that the way XBMC treats tv banners and posters has changed. You can try if this steps can help you (but are true for eden)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1191842

It's true, the nightly android is based in frodo I'll wait a new version. thank you for your answer
Hi joethefox and all the other fans!

Quick question. I think I know part of the answer but would like to confirm. I am currently using the remote with Raspbmc (Raspberry Pi with some alpha XBMC Frodo build). With no surprise, I am having trouble Smile

The remote is working half of the time. Basically, after a boot of the Raspberry Pi, it works well, I can add songs to the playlist and it works. But as soon as I start playing songs, it becomes really slow, the Now Playing view is working maybe 10% of the time, songs appear under the Videos Playlist, etc... Really strange behavior...

I was wondering, is the remote using the HTTP or JSON API? The HTTP API is being deprecated (I may be wrong but I think it won't be usable in Frodo), will that make the remote unusable?

Anyway, I guess my question was: Is the remote working properly with Frodo and my problem is related to the Raspberry Pi being too slow? Or, is it the alpha release of Frodo that causes the problems?

Thanks for your time in this project, really like it!

J-P
@jhoude, this behavior is unacceptable Big Grin
The remote is using only JSON api when connecting to XBMC frodo. We have to try an XBMC beta with Raspberry Pi, otherwise the strange behaviors inside an alpha are too much. I don't think the issue could be inside a slowness of the Raspberry Pi. Test a beta frodo and let me know if the issues are still here, in that case we will continue to investigate.
Hello, I tried searching the forums but didn't really find the answer. If its here and I just over looked sorry for the double post. I'm trying to figure out how to search by Genres, Title, Year and Actors etc using iOS xbmc remote. Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Scott
@rulski hello, nope at the moment you can search only by title on every section. You can access the search field by going at the top of the result table. Further filters will be added in the future.
(2012-11-13, 22:53)StefanK Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 21:32)joethefox Wrote: @StefanK, never tried but IIRC if the login screen is disabled, the master profile should be automatically logged in
Last active user actually, but disabling the login screen is only plan B. The odd thing is that while the remote does not work before login, airplay does work when on the login screen...
I guess what I really wanted to ask was: Is there any way to make the remote work while at the loginscreen?
I was using my remote at home with a cheep router and it worked perfectly. I have now installed a Cradlepoint router, and my IPad 2 no longer sees my XBMC. When I open the app it says no connection, and when I try to add a host and ask it to find XBMC it gives me "No XBMC instances found".

I have no idea why...Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Joethefox,

Ive just got an ipad, and i wondered if there is a way i can sort the albums alphabetically within the genre subsection? They are sorted on year of release now, while my android app just sorts them alphabetically.

Thanks for the app!
(2012-11-24, 23:35)StefanK Wrote: I guess what I really wanted to ask was: Is there any way to make the remote work while at the loginscreen?

Solution on its way, maybe... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1846
@IainThysse, I think you have too look inside the firewall rules of your new router

(2012-11-25, 15:46)Knut Anderson Wrote: Hello Joethefox,

Ive just got an ipad, and i wondered if there is a way i can sort the albums alphabetically within the genre subsection? They are sorted on year of release now, while my android app just sorts them alphabetically.

Thanks for the app!
Hello! it was a choice based on my tastes. In the development version the list is sorted alphabetically by artist name now, maybe make this kind of sorting user selectable should be a good thing.

(2012-11-25, 20:16)StefanK Wrote: Solution on its way, maybe... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1846
yep, but it doesn't seem to be a quick task
Heart 
Hey

so I use the remote on both my ipad and my iphone. Its AWESOME LOVE IT

my iphone and ipad have been updated to the latest version. I have also update to the latest version of XBMC frodo.

Here is where I run into a small problem I am not sure if its me or if its actually something not right.

I have all my tv shows up to date information and all.

But both my iPad and iPhone will only use posters or stretched posters but it will not use banners

Prefer posters for tv shows is off.

is this something that hasnt been updated in the remote, have I missed something in the forums or have I missed something in the setting?

Please help
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8