• 41(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
seemed to be a .NET issue. Just reinstalled .NET 3.5 and it's working like a charm now. Thanks for your help.
Finally got a chance to follow up with some testing.

nul7 Wrote:Errrrr.... uh... yeah.... that made complete sense to me. Huh lol Nah, I think I got the gist. Try this one:

http://www.cube3studios.com/EMM/EMM.zip

This is back on the topic of being able to mark and unmark movies. R214 still has the problem. After the movie list refreshes, you have to left click on any movie before you can right click on any move, select Mark and have it stick. It's not that big a deal. You just have to remember to select the movie with a left click before you bring up the right click menu.

nul7 Wrote:I can add another option to VIDEO_TS handling.... so there would be "Support YAMJ VIDEO_TS" and "Support XBMC VIDEO_TS". You would have to select one or the other or both... but at least one has to be selected. But then the items in each folder would have to be the same. So, it can either be different info in each folder, but you would have to keep switching YAMJ compatible on/off..... or have the 2 options and both have the same info. Whatever you guys want.... I don't have any full dvd rips so it doesn't matter to me. lol

So with the file structure is like this:
MovieFolderName\VIDEO_TS\*.VOB

With YAMJ checked, these files are added.

MovieFolderName\
<MovieFolderName>.fanart.jpg
<MovieFolderName>.jpg
<MovieFolderName>.nfo
<MovieFolderName>.tbn

With YAMJ unchecked, these files are added.

MovieFolderName\VIDEO_TS\
folder.jpg
movie.tbn
poster.jpg
poster.tbn
video_ts.jpg
video_ts.tbn
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
video_ts.fanart.jpg
video_ts.nfo
video_ts-fanart.jpg

So yes, it makes sense to have two check boxes - one for YAMJ and one for XBMC.

One other thing - maybe two. Clean Files doesn't remove the files created when YAMJ is checked. Also, would it be appropriate for the Clean Files function to be able to delete the extrathumbs folder?
Quote:.iso files were never supported.
Sometimes, there was a "false-positive" when for example a DVD is detected
in the .iso, but this was not wanted (MediaInfo synchronizes with the first
file, and displays info about this first file only)

.iso file is planned, but I don't know when.

That's fine for me, because I rip all my dvd's without menu's and only the streams I want and just the movie . And it works with the old MediaInfo, so for the time being i'll use the old one. better then manaully Laugh
DataWrangler Wrote:This is back on the topic of being able to mark and unmark movies. R214 still has the problem. After the movie list refreshes, you have to left click on any movie before you can right click on any move, select Mark and have it stick. It's not that big a deal. You just have to remember to select the movie with a left click before you bring up the right click menu.

What are the exact steps you're taking to get this result? I can't find any problems with it.... it seems to be working fine for me. If I load up Ember I can right click on any movie and mark/unmark.... and same thing when I "Rescan Media". Is there some specific sequence that causes it to not mark properly?

What exactly is it doing when you right click and hit "Mark" before left clicking? Does the title in the menu match the movie you're right clicking on?

DataWrangler Wrote:So with the file structure is like this:
MovieFolderName\VIDEO_TS\*.VOB

With YAMJ checked, these files are added.

MovieFolderName\
<MovieFolderName>.fanart.jpg
<MovieFolderName>.jpg
<MovieFolderName>.nfo
<MovieFolderName>.tbn

With YAMJ unchecked, these files are added.

MovieFolderName\VIDEO_TS\
folder.jpg
movie.tbn
poster.jpg
poster.tbn
video_ts.jpg
video_ts.tbn
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
video_ts.fanart.jpg
video_ts.nfo
video_ts-fanart.jpg

So yes, it makes sense to have two check boxes - one for YAMJ and one for XBMC.

One other thing - maybe two. Clean Files doesn't remove the files created when YAMJ is checked. Also, would it be appropriate for the Clean Files function to be able to delete the extrathumbs folder?

Please add these to the google code page so I don't forget to work on them in the next couple days. I'll release one more bugfix version (once we get the right-click issue sorted) then begin working on the feature requests.
Anyone want to play with the next version before release and give me some feedback? There is still a little bit of tweaking to do, but I think I got all the major stuff:

Since most people use the x86 version that's the only one I compiled for this pre-release test. Biggest change? Movies are stored in a separate database instead of in the settings file. When you first load this version, you'll have to hit "Rescan Media" in order to populate the database the first time.

I've done some more tweaking to loading the movies so it's much faster than before.... now with the "Use Title From NFO" turned on is about as fast as it was before with it turned off. My ~600 movie collection now scans in about 3 seconds with NFO titles turned off, and about 10 seconds with it turned on (and my movies are stored on a raid 5 NAS through a 100Mbit network... so mine is about as slow as it can get). Of course, this is only the initial scan.... after that, loading the movies from the db is almost instant.

There is another benefit to enabling "Use Title From NFO" aside from proper titling due to a recode of the duplicate filter. Now if that setting is enabled it will filter dupes based on the imdb id in the nfo, other wise it's the same (but improved) title match as before.
Is the german searchfunction from imdb.de included? There are a lot of movies which I can only add with the ID or original title.

And a option to see if an imdb-id is missing would be great
As ever, it's getting better and better and better....

I discovered that if I use the <movie>.nfo option the generated NFO will include the stacking (-CD1) portion of the moviename too. This, I believe is wrong. To resolve this issue, I have simply opted for movie.nfo and everything's fine.

I also discovered there was an 11 frame limit to the frame grabbing. (I grab my frames manually, not auto... to ensure each image is a good one).

It would be nice to see a column for subtitles (mentioned this before), and possibly one for extrathumbs. I can see an argument against extrathumbs though... simply because it's not very 'standard', but the subs are pretty standard.

Finally the biggest bug so far.... sometimes Frame Grabbing will simply hang the app (total freeze). I suspect it's something in mediainfo.dll and the way the movie is encoded BUT... it's only on specific frames of a movie... it's repeatable too, for the specific frames.

Really looking forward to the TV and music additions, but suspect they could be a while in the making!.

This is still the neatest app out there and is getting my recommendation to friends. Excellent work, and highly appreciated.
nul7 Wrote:Anyone want to play with the next version before release and give me some feedback? There is still a little bit of tweaking to do, but I think I got all the major stuff:

Since most people use the x86 version that's the only one I compiled for this pre-release test. Biggest change? Movies are stored in a separate database instead of in the settings file. When you first load this version, you'll have to hit "Rescan Media" in order to populate the database the first time.

I've done some more tweaking to loading the movies so it's much faster than before.... now with the "Use Title From NFO" turned on is about as fast as it was before with it turned off. My ~600 movie collection now scans in about 3 seconds with NFO titles turned off, and about 10 seconds with it turned on (and my movies are stored on a raid 5 NAS through a 100Mbit network... so mine is about as slow as it can get). Of course, this is only the initial scan.... after that, loading the movies from the db is almost instant.

There is another benefit to enabling "Use Title From NFO" aside from proper titling due to a recode of the duplicate filter. Now if that setting is enabled it will filter dupes based on the imdb id in the nfo, other wise it's the same (but improved) title match as before.

I will deffo try this out for you. Been using your app for a few days now, as I liked the look of the cleaner interface. Really impressed and I think you've managed to build a very easy to use piece of software, especially with the integrated frame grabbing...

downloading now...
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
empty Wrote:Is the german searchfunction from imdb.de included? There are a lot of movies which I can only add with the ID or original title.

There is a request that will solv this Smile
nul7 Wrote:What are the exact steps you're taking to get this result? I can't find any problems with it.... it seems to be working fine for me. If I load up Ember I can right click on any movie and mark/unmark.... and same thing when I "Rescan Media". Is there some specific sequence that causes it to not mark properly?

What exactly is it doing when you right click and hit "Mark" before left clicking? Does the title in the menu match the movie you're right clicking on?
Open the app. Nothing else.
Go to the third movie on the list and right click.
From the drop down click Mark.
In filters click Marked Movies.
Notice that the movie you marked in the step 3 is the only one listed.
Uncheck Marked Movies.
Right click on the same movie again.
From the drop down click Unmark.
Filter by Marked Movies.
Notice that the movie just unmarked is listed. <-- Error.

Next example

Right click and Mark the fourth movie on the list.
Right click and Mark the third movie on the list.
Right click and Mark the second movie on the list.
Filter by Marked Movies.
Notice all three movies are on the list.
Right click and Unmark the fourth movie on the list.
Right click and Unmark the third movie on the list.
Right click and Unmark the second movie on the list.
Filter by Marked Movies.
Notice the second movie (last one unmarked) is still on the list. <-- Error.

Once you get the hang of it, you can come up with similar errors by doing other combinations of right click – mark – unmark.

Also if you have duplicate movies and mark one, they're both marked.

nul7 Wrote:Please add these to the google code page so I don't forget to work on them in the next couple days. I'll release one more bugfix version (once we get the right-click issue sorted) then begin working on the feature requests.

Will do.
Loving this new tool. I think I will use it exclusively for updating my xbmc database. I have downloaded nfo's jpgs etc using it now into the relevant directories but don't know how to get xbmc to see this new data.

How can I get xbmc to rescan my directories, and completely stop scraping from online sources (unless necessary maybe).

Hoping to see emm being able to make more accurate studio flags, as currently they are incorrect for most of my movies. Resolution, audio formats etc don't match up and would require reading of file data.

I found a bug also, when updating all nfo's jpg's etc, it takes quite a while, this is fine, but if I click on an item in my movie list while another is updating, that movie i clicked on gets the new images / information. for example, while emm was updating "Thelma & Louise", I clicked on "the dark knight" and "Thelma & Louise" now has some of the details from "the dark knight" stored like as if the same internal variable was being shared internally in emm while I was browsing, whilst it was already updating.
nul7 Wrote:I'll release one more bugfix version (once we get the right-click issue sorted) then begin working on the feature requests.

can we count on the "Scrape akas.imdb.com" feature this weekend? It's really important to automatically scrape foreign movie titles.
empty Wrote:Is the german searchfunction from imdb.de included? There are a lot of movies which I can only add with the ID or original title.

As MrDVD mentioned, there is a feature request for allowing different imdb mirrors... that should solve that.

With the recode for inclusion of the database, writing a filter for missing IMDB ids would be easy..... but why?

AnalogKid Wrote:As ever, it's getting better and better and better....

Thanks!

AnalogKid Wrote:I discovered that if I use the <movie>.nfo option the generated NFO will include the stacking (-CD1) portion of the moviename too. This, I believe is wrong. To resolve this issue, I have simply opted for movie.nfo and everything's fine.

Leaving the stacking marker in the filename is intentional, and, according to the wiki, perfectly acceptable. Doing so solved the problem when having a single movie with "DVD9" or "CDD" in the file name. It was stripping them out thinking it was a stacked movie. However, since it was a single movie, the files would not work in XBMC. According to the wiki, the files can have the exact file name including the stacking markers as the first movie in the stack and they will work.

AnalogKid Wrote:I also discovered there was an 11 frame limit to the frame grabbing. (I grab my frames manually, not auto... to ensure each image is a good one).

Interesting... not sure why that would be. I didn't put a limit on it. I've never created that many frames before, though. I'll have to do some experimenting to figure out why

AnalogKid Wrote:It would be nice to see a column for subtitles (mentioned this before), and possibly one for extrathumbs. I can see an argument against extrathumbs though... simply because it's not very 'standard', but the subs are pretty standard.

Yeah, both of these are on the feature requests to do list. They would be optional columns so if someone doesn't like it they can turn it off. So no big deal on that.....

AnalogKid Wrote:Finally the biggest bug so far.... sometimes Frame Grabbing will simply hang the app (total freeze). I suspect it's something in mediainfo.dll and the way the movie is encoded BUT... it's only on specific frames of a movie... it's repeatable too, for the specific frames.

It's actually ffmpeg that is used to extract the frames. Wink So some frames of a movie will extract fine, but other frames of the same movie will hang? Hmmm... wonder if I could put a timeout or something on frame extraction. I'll try to come up with something.

AnalogKid Wrote:Really looking forward to the TV and music additions, but suspect they could be a while in the making!.

This is still the neatest app out there and is getting my recommendation to friends. Excellent work, and highly appreciated.

Thanks! And thanks for all the bug reports/suggestions you've given. Helps to drive Ember forward.

bramblepants Wrote:I will deffo try this out for you. Been using your app for a few days now, as I liked the look of the cleaner interface. Really impressed and I think you've managed to build a very easy to use piece of software, especially with the integrated frame grabbing...

downloading now...

Thank you very much. Nice to hear.

DataWrangler Wrote:Open the app. Nothing else.
Go to the third movie on the list and right click.
From the drop down click Mark.
In filters click Marked Movies.
Notice that the movie you marked in the step 3 is the only one listed.
Uncheck Marked Movies.
Right click on the same movie again.
From the drop down click Unmark.
Filter by Marked Movies.
Notice that the movie just unmarked is listed. <-- Error.

Next example

Right click and Mark the fourth movie on the list.
Right click and Mark the third movie on the list.
Right click and Mark the second movie on the list.
Filter by Marked Movies.
Notice all three movies are on the list.
Right click and Unmark the fourth movie on the list.
Right click and Unmark the third movie on the list.
Right click and Unmark the second movie on the list.
Filter by Marked Movies.
Notice the second movie (last one unmarked) is still on the list. <-- Error.

Once you get the hang of it, you can come up with similar errors by doing other combinations of right click – mark – unmark.

Also if you have duplicate movies and mark one, they're both marked.

Will do.

Marked movies handling has, once again, been completely rewritten with the addition of the database. I did find and fix a few issues with it before hand, but thought, ah screw it, I'll just integrate a database. lol

mark007 Wrote:Loving this new tool. I think I will use it exclusively for updating my xbmc database. I have downloaded nfo's jpgs etc using it now into the relevant directories but don't know how to get xbmc to see this new data.

How can I get xbmc to rescan my directories, and completely stop scraping from online sources (unless necessary maybe).

If you already have the movie in the database first, then create the files, you'll need to remove the movie from the library then rescan it. If all of your movies have info it would probably be easiest/quickest just to delete the database from xbmc and start over after you have all the relevant files created.

mark007 Wrote:Hoping to see emm being able to make more accurate studio flags, as currently they are incorrect for most of my movies. Resolution, audio formats etc don't match up and would require reading of file data.

Can you give me an example of incorrect flags? With the exception of the resolution descriptor (1080p, 720p, 480i, etc), the rest of the tags are scanned directly from the movie file. The resolution descriptor is calculated based off the height x width as scanned from the movie file.

mark007 Wrote:I found a bug also, when updating all nfo's jpg's etc, it takes quite a while, this is fine, but if I click on an item in my movie list while another is updating, that movie i clicked on gets the new images / information. for example, while emm was updating "Thelma & Louise", I clicked on "the dark knight" and "Thelma & Louise" now has some of the details from "the dark knight" stored like as if the same internal variable was being shared internally in emm while I was browsing, whilst it was already updating.

Hmm... yeah, I could see how that could happen. I'll work on that.

Walhalla Wrote:can we count on the "Scrape akas.imdb.com" feature this weekend? It's really important to automatically scrape foreign movie titles.

Hmmm... not sure if it will be this weekend, but if not, just a day or two later. I want to get this database version buttoned up and released so people can provide feedback on that and any necessary fixes can be made before getting too far into other things.
Any plans for foreign movie support like KinoPoisk?

Thank you.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
For rescanning Library
Thanks and while on the point, do you know how to stop xbmc from looking to the scraper to gather extra info. The only way I can quickly rescan my movies is to disconnect network connection. Otherwise it takes a long time for xbmc to go through them all and this is unnecessary because emm has everything tagged perfectly.

For incorrect flags.
For my blu-ray rips in .m2ts files they are detected as Divx Video, 480p, mp3, dolby 2.0, but they are all blu-ray, 1080p, and either trueHD or DTS-HDMA , LPCM or a combination of these.
For DVD's, all are detected as DivX Video, 480p or 576i, mp3, dolby 2.0, but they are all dvd, 576p, (probably because 99% of my DVD's and many others are badly marked as interlaced, you shouldn't rely on the interlaced flag here), dolby 5.1, dts 5.1, dolby 2.0 etc etc
Gathering accurate information might be tricky. Could you use open source splitters or something to make your job easier?

For the situations above where it couldn't gather the right information, I feel it shouldn't default to these values above, it should default to not giving any information at all which will help us figure out which movies emm couldn't get data for and can do it manually ourselves.

For getting thumbs
Could you also use free decoders, like libavcodec mpeg2 for example for DVD thumbnail generation to also make life easier. At the moment it can't generate thumbs for my m2ts files for example.

Requests
Just wondering (ok its a request, but I can make this request at a later point if your mostly concentrating on gettings things fixed), but when downloading fanart for a movie, I would love to have the option of

1) Selecting the fanart from the list available, and
2) Optionally choosing from the fanart list to also generate thumb1, thumb2 etc. I would love to use the new multiplex view in aeon, and have the 3 most beautiful fanart's as my fanart, thumb1 and thumb2. Not sure if others would like this.
and I suppose lastly
3) To also have an option to automatically create thumb1 and thumb2 from fanart, ie select a fanart automatically like the current version, but instead of generating thumbs, to choose fanart 2 and fanart 3 as thumb1 and thumb2.

Forgive me for all of these requests, just getting them out of my mind before I forget Tongue

Filetypes Not Found
Also I have some files of various types like .rm files that arn't picked up. The .rm files I had got correctly moved to folders, but after that emm never lists them in the movies list. Not sure how you could reliably get a list of video types, but I think there is somewhere in the registry that lists all video file types (actually leaves out m2ts apparantly on vista).

Thanks for looking into the other problem.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24