• 46(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
@Rhino89, the remote app should work fine with all recent Frodo builds.
@GFunkAllstar, are you using XBMC V11 Eden? this new option is available only for Frodo.
@tippy, sure! Gesture Zone: Tap and hold - Button Pad: Long Press the menu button.
@rmoorhou, it's how the addons are developed that become "JSON-RPC api" incompatible during their use
[@rmoorhou, it's how the addons are developed that become "JSON-RPC api" incompatible during their use[/quote]

Is this a message I should be seeing? If it is I'm not getting it. All it needs to do is go one step more to where you can select a file to watch for the likes of gorilla, sockshare, pudlocker, etc. Some sites it does go all the way,Fastpasstv T3 for instance goes through all the steps needed to select a file provided by those who have shaed the programs. but for some reason 1Channel and Project Free TV it doesn't go to the next step to choose a file to watch.

Hey. I just updated to the new version of the app on my iphone. Really nice. Just wondering if it's possible to change the view when browsing tv shows. I am using a poster layout on xbmc, so the tv show view on the remote app looks bad. Am I missing some setting to change this?

Thanks.
@rmoorhou, sadly at the moment there is no way to know that's popped up a window were you can select a file to watch. From the XBMC GUI, if you compare the add-ons that works with the ones that don't work, you'll see that they differs on the way the result is displayed.

@Thyco, have you tried, under the XBMC Server setup, to activate the "Prefer posters for Tv shows" switch?
(2012-12-10, 12:33)joethefox Wrote: @GFunkAllstar, are you using XBMC V11 Eden? this new option is available only for Frodo.
I was unaware of that. Thanks a lot joethefox, you've saved me a lot of frustration!

Dude,

Brilliant App! Doe everything and more I would like to have in a remote... 1 thing I cannot figure out for the life of me is how to change a rating (1 to 5 Stars) on the now playing song?

I use this rating for specific intelligent playlists I use... in previous version tapping the up arrow worked while at the "now playing" area. new version... sadly not.

If you use the up arrow on the physically attached keyboard the star rating changes... so it's not the version of frodo that I run.

Any ideas?

Thanks man for making life way to easy for some of us Smile
Thanks for this excellent app!

I have one question. I'm NOT using the remote in Remote Control mode. When I navigate into an add-on and want to use the search, I get an onscreen keyboard pop up on the TV but the keyboard doesn't pop up on my iPhone. I want to type something into the search dialog but don't know how to "bring up" the keyboard on the iPhone. Any tips?

Thanks.
I love this app! Now i could remove the keyboard and the mouse from the raspberry pi.

Do you plan to support "favorites" as seen in the confluence skin?
thank you guys \m/

@Tip-Ex, yep there was a change in the way how the XBMC API treats the input.Up/Down/Left/Right to prevent to depend from the keymap of the user ( http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13464 ). So until a rewrite of the up/down/left/right control functions in the remote app, unfortunately we have lost this behaviour

@atv2jber, are you using XBMC V11 Eden? the keyboard auto popup is available only for Frodo

@Lordan, I'll look into the feasibility, you are not the only one that asked for favorites
Since the latest update, shows has stopped appearing under "tv shows" I can navigate to them using folders in the app, and it's taking off the episode number and just leaving he name of the episode? Anyone got any ideas?
@Mattie01, which XBMC version are you using? from the XBMC GUI there is no issue while navigating Tv shows section?
Thanks for the reply. I had seen that. I was wanting to do it away from the computer. I was thinking through the app menu in the remote.
@joethefox I was running frodo, but here's the thing, I was using raspbmc (raspberry pi version) of xbmc, and up till the update everything was working fine, I've got two pi's running raspbmc, 1 running version rc4 and the other running beta3. It appears that it's an issue with the remote and raspbmc. As before 1.2 of the remote, the remote working with both releases of raspbmc. But after your post got me off my backsiide I've done some more checking.

Rc4 was aways the main box as it was always more stable the betas

So I fired up the beta3 pi, and the remote 1.2 is working fine with the beta3 of raspbmc but has stopped working with the rc4 version, as I said both versions are frodo, but there must be some tweaks done in the code, not too much of a problem, I'll just look at getting both pi's updated. I only had them running different versions for stability issues in the code of the new betas which seems to be fixed now anyway!

Thanks for you help, in my tired lazy state last night I forgot the basics of trouble shooting, and made the idiots error of not checking it with the latest released raspbmc
@Mattie01, max respect for the laziness Big Grin
raspbmc rc4 is based on an old alpha frodo release so it's a good thing abandon it.
Thx for the suggestion on getting the posters to show for tv shows instead of the banners. Works perfectly now.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8