• 46(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
(2016-04-08, 19:09)tchirou Wrote: was wondering about the recommendations in the shield

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/104
(2016-04-08, 19:26)Koying Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 19:09)tchirou Wrote: was wondering about the recommendations in the shield

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/104

Yes I saw this but as there are no answers to the possibility of removing music or explanations about the tv shows, I thought about posting here ?

Do you mean I should post there ?
(2016-04-09, 02:41)clfnole Wrote: Question for the group I am a bit new to Kodi and just installed and started using SPMC this week since I have a Sony Android TV. I really like the way it works but I noticed it doesn't seem to update the addons as quick as Kodi. I didn't remove Kodi so I could compare the two. For example there are new versions of Exodus and Phoenix, which when I went into Kodi updated but they don't update in SPMC. Did I not set up something with SPMC that is causing this? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind fixed it screw up on my end I think.
FYI, the two addons you mentioned are not supported on this forum.

Idok Fire
Hi,
Aeon MQ works with SPMC?
Where i found the settings to go to "expert level"?
Where to enable the 4k gui pls?

thx
double post
Is it possible to have different deinterlace settings for videos vs live. TV?

I'm using a Fire TV 2 and find that with deinterlace on auto, live TV does NOT deinterlace (works fine if I set to on).

However if I set to ON and set as default, it then screws up local videos that do not require deinterlace Undecided
I was going to say, why doesn't someone create a page with the answers on it to the questions that are continually asked every couple of pages such as "What's the difference between IEC and RAW" and "Why can't I see the option for Dolby passthrough" and then queries could be directed to a link, or have the link on the home page, rather than taking time to respond. I don't mind doing it myself, but I'd be pretty worried that I'd get it wrong. Maybe people could suggest the most common, and annoying, questions and answers and I could type them up?

Then I saw Ned's comment and he's absolutely right. SPMC in its current form is basically Kodi 16.1 plus the changelog. It's unrealistic to for someone to type the differences out as an answer to the same repeated question. It clearly says that on the homepage.

Maybe more things could be made clear on the homepage though like:

1. If you have an Android device, there is currently only ONE person actively developing for it, so count your self lucky!

2. It's not going to ruin your life if you try both Kodi and SPMC. Install both and see which you like best!
[/quote]

Very good suggestion. I have read several different variations on how to setup passthrough audio and it would be nice if we could have a reference for how to setup for AVR with 7.1 surround with atmos for example.

A guideline is needed.
(2016-04-06, 22:49)schweppy Wrote: [quote='tofo87' pid='2303639' dateline='1459951258']
So this is working perfectly on my 4k sony tv.
Refresh rate is correct at all times, (4K,24Hz) and HD audio outputs fine.
But when i switch to my Epson TW-9000 projector it wont output 24hz anymore.
I only get 1080p 60hz.

any suggestions?

I have the Sony es40 along with the denon 1200 and the shield allows me to choose 24fps as default under hdmi settings.

This option wasn't there with my Onkyo 509.

G.
Maybe an simple question, but I can`t seem to get "o" to work so I can see the Codec Info.

The "o" on the keyboard work when I write inside SPMC, but it wont do anything when I watch a video.
Is there an setting I have forgotten?

The reason I`ll want to see it, is when the wife is watching Sex and the City series, it lags. No tearing but lags.
Looks like it is missing pictures. It is in mkv containers, but don`t remember the coding. Maybe the Shield don`t handle
this codec?

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
channel switching time in kodi

How can I load my playlist to have fast channel switching ? With current link switching time is about 10 seconds.
I'm using Kodi 16, PVR IPTV Simple Client on my new Sony Bravia android tv. Playlist link looks like this :

iptv.radiokafic.com/playlist?type=m3u&deviceUser=xxxxxx&devicePass=xxxxxx
How to enable the 4k gui?
(2016-04-10, 17:50)netguru Wrote: How to enable the 4k gui?

Asking the same question twice won't get you an answer. Look in the settings after enabling Confluence.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-04-10, 01:54)grivet Wrote: I was going to say, why doesn't someone create a page with the answers on it

The only possible explanation is a complete disconnect with human beings.

Seriously, it gets asked every other page and dismissed with utter contempt, as if wasting your life trawling through pages and pages is some right of passage.
Here's a thought. If you think there needs to be a page then perhaps put one together and offer it up. Isn't that what Kodi is? User supported software? Me I'm perfectly happy to take the time to do the research and read the thread to find the answer to any questions I might have.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
(2016-04-11, 00:43)Draega Wrote: Here's a thought. If you think there needs to be a page then perhaps put one together and offer it up. Isn't that what Kodi is? User supported software? Me I'm perfectly happy to take the time to do the research and read the thread to find the answer to any questions I might have.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

Seriously? There's not even one sentence from the developer saying that SPMC is a media player for Android. Not at the top of this official thread. Not on the home page. Not on Github.

That's how bad the developer documentation is. It's ridiculous.

Normally when you set out to create something, anything, the first thing you do is say what it is.

Suffice to say this is not a slight on SPMC.

For some reason Koying thinks everyone magically knows because it's so famous.

We know he's not lazy, and we know he's highly intelligent. He just doesn't connect with people.

I'll leave the rest of the psychological profile to you.

Suffice to say this is not a slight on SPMC.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166