• 46(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
HexusOdy Wrote:Hi Billy,

Where is MC getting its default Movie Thumbs from?

For nearly every movie Ive scanned (220+) I've had to go through and change the default cover art because its not a cover or its foreign language.

Yet 9 times out 10 when I go into edit info and clip rescrape thumbs the 1st one up is the right one.

Media Companion gets it's thumbs from Movie Poster DB if available, If not it goes to IMDB.

An error in the new scraper retrieved the last thumb on the page instead of the first, this will be fixed for versions 9.88+

In the near future I will be adding support for impawards, I will make this the first choice, then MoviePosters, and IMDB as a last resort since most people find these undesireable, although I think that there is a lot of nice posters on there

eg

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMT...SY755_.jpg
Not much wrong with that.

IMDB is also most always the correct language.
Quick question - I'm assuming that if an NFO file currently exists for a movie, that Media Companion will overwrite it once it scans it for data and grabs new info from IMDB, etc.?

Any chance of having it scan current NFO files that exist for movies, and then somehow not overwriting them (e.g. renaming the original one to movie-old.nfo)?

I ask this because sometimes with releases you get the original NFO with bitrates, source, etc. and sometimes it's nice to keep this handy without having to lose it, since the 'new' NFO will not have those details.

Nice program by the way, definitely something I'll get much use of (as have many others!)
Any chance of .vob being supported?
@billyadd2000 - will you be considering adding the ability to scan individual folders? I ask this because if your tv library has a fair amount of TV and you add a new episode to one of them, you have to scan all to add it. It would be nice to lets say, scrap the current folder selected.

thx, and awesome work here. Smile
Thought I'd give MC another bash... I tried it originally and found trialers were not working ages ago.... but when I try it this time I get no fan art Sad
Any pointers?
Geeba Wrote:Thought I'd give MC another bash... I tried it originally and found trialers were not working ages ago.... but when I try it this time I get no fan art Sad
Any pointers?

In the latest version 1.988
Download
Preferences/Scraper Tab/Scrape Fanart For Movies checkbox checked
Hitcher Wrote:Any chance of .vob being supported?

Soon
billyad2000 Wrote:Soon

Cheers. Big Grin
Great work, thank you for this!
Scraping fanart was exactly where I've been waiting for. Smile
Works perfect!

Thnx a lot!Laugh
Other scrappers than IMDB? it could be useful to have scrappers in spanish language (like culturalia or filmaffinity)

regards,
Somthing's broken with my TV Shows. I get the error below everytime I start up and there are no episodes listed.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: item
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.ObjectCollection.AddInternal(Object item)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.ObjectCollection.Add(Object item)
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.rebuild()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XBMC Media Companion 1.988
Assembly Version: 1.9.8.8
Win32 Version: 1.9.8.8
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/XBMC%20Media%20Companion/XBMC%20Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Hey Billy, First off, thanks for the media companion, saved me a lot of time in rescraping when I redid my library!

I didnt look through this whole thread, but just a quick request. When I add a bunch of new movies, I want to check that they scraped right. Once you get a big list, and add a few to it, its easy to loose track of what they were. Would it be possible to reorder the movie list based on latest added? Or some way keep a record of what has just been added during this session of the application?
AdamJ Wrote:Hey Billy, First off, thanks for the media companion, saved me a lot of time in rescraping when I redid my library!

I didnt look through this whole thread, but just a quick request. When I add a bunch of new movies, I want to check that they scraped right. Once you get a big list, and add a few to it, its easy to loose track of what they were. Would it be possible to reorder the movie list based on latest added? Or some way keep a record of what has just been added during this session of the application?

It does that already, when it has finished scraping movies it opens up a LOg file in a new window.
All good on the fanart!! thanks for that!

Out of interest anyone got a site for fanart I can download the ones it misses?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7