• 48(current)
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator
(2014-02-18, 18:04)moneymaker Wrote: @qonlinet

Your log file is poor. Are you outside the u.s.?

You can try the beta version if you are. Set up to tunlr dns as connection type and subscribe on tunlr.net.

@moneymaker, thanks for looking at my log. I am in US that means I don't need to config tunlr DNS as I read from page #1 installation instruction. Let me try beta version see if it works. I will post the update.
Looks like NBC has tweaked their site again. Parks and Recreation comes up empty using the latest beta. Diving into the script a little, it looks like the issue is when xbmc fetches the 'type_data' data in line 54 of NBC.py. getURL returns 'NULL' signifying a bad URL. However the 'show_code' parses "parks" correctly. There seems to only be issues with parks and the tonight show starring Jimmy out of what I tried.

Others have this issue?
Guessing they are closing down that api, noticed problems with it last week where it wasn't being updated for Days of our lifes. There is an alternative api that seems better,. Only the current season of Days of our lifes, but that's all I can actually watch on the website.
Well I tried this addon and none of the channels would play and all of the menus were god awful slow. I tried both the beta and normal versions.
@moneymaker I try beta repo and it works. Thanks for your advice.
I have never had any issues with this addon Wink
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
I'm having a problem watching the Daily Show and the Colbert Report through the Comedy Central channel using this addon. If I try to play any episode it takes almost 15 minutes to buffer before it actually starts playing. When it finally starts it plays for a few seconds and then starts buffering again. I have no idea why this is, I'm on a wired gigabit connection and I'm from the Netherlands. The strange thing is, when I exit XBMC and open up Google Chrome to go to the official websites (thedailyshow.com/colbertnation.com) I can play the episodes just fine and almost instantly.

I'd really like to be able to play episodes without leaving XBMC all the time. Is there anyone that knows what could be the problem here? Thanks in advance!
(2014-02-20, 11:47)JMantis Wrote: I'm having a problem watching the Daily Show and the Colbert Report through the Comedy Central channel using this addon. If I try to play any episode it takes almost 15 minutes to buffer before it actually starts playing. When it finally starts it plays for a few seconds and then starts buffering again. I have no idea why this is, I'm on a wired gigabit connection and I'm from the Netherlands. The strange thing is, when I exit XBMC and open up Google Chrome to go to the official websites (thedailyshow.com/colbertnation.com) I can play the episodes just fine and almost instantly.

I'd really like to be able to play episodes without leaving XBMC all the time. Is there anyone that knows what could be the problem here? Thanks in advance!

Try reducing the max bitrate in the settings or choosing Select Quality from context menu
Okay, I'll give that a try, thanks!
(2014-02-19, 16:10)coreymanshack Wrote: Well I tried this addon and none of the channels would play and all of the menus were god awful slow. I tried both the beta and normal versions.

Which channels did you try? Might help us work out the issues if you posted a log.
Is it just Coincidence that the Hulu Addon for XBMC started to not work at the same time as the access to FreeCable channels started not working? With Hulu it seems related to Akamai CDN not bing used by Hulu any more. Is there any link to this in FreeCAble Addon? Maybe all networks that are associated with Hulu have dropped this CDN?
Looks like Free Cable would be a good place for Free Cable that actualy works. Lol
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
(2014-02-24, 01:01)commando_j Wrote: Is it just Coincidence that the Hulu Addon for XBMC started to not work at the same time as the access to FreeCable channels started not working? With Hulu it seems related to Akamai CDN not bing used by Hulu any more. Is there any link to this in FreeCAble Addon? Maybe all networks that are associated with Hulu have dropped this CDN?

(2014-02-24, 01:05)mushoss Wrote: Looks like Free Cable would be a good place for Free Cable that actualy works. Lol

the addon works.
Free Cable and Hulu are independent of each other.

if you have a problem with a certain channel / show in the Free Cable addon, then please report a debug log.

again, it's enough to say the whole addon is broken, as it pulls from different sources / websites.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I seem to be having trouble watching some shows, almost 99% of the shows I want to watch. After I click on the link it says waiting in the bottom corner, then its streaming then a new window pops up saying one or more items failed to play Check the log file for details.

Any idea why this is going on?

Thanks for your help in advance
I'm using xmbc on my android box (my Gica) if that changes anything.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=137639
Try the beta version.

EDIT: It look like tunlr has closed down.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator7