• 48(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
ajerazzor Wrote:I have modded the confluence skin to include Party mode in the music submenu, and changed some keymaps

Can anyone tell me if these will be overwritten with a nightly build install?

It will be. Simply save your modified files and apply the diffs to the new confluence of the nightly.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:It will be. Simply save your modified files and apply the diffs to the new confluence of the nightly.

Thanks that will save me stacks of time.

(wonder why party mode isn't in the confuence skin submenu....)
Memphiz Wrote:Ha! Let me give you your soup for that one! Bet this is the most reason of the reported crashes posted in the last couple of posts ...

thx man

So people - turn of that thumbnail generation thing! - will try to figure howto disable it by default for the next builds...

Could you please advise where this option is? Is it in Settings-Video-File List under "extract thumbnails and video information"?

I assumed this was for the scraper? Is this what we should disable?
yap thats the option ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
May be a dumb question:
I'm using the last AE build (10.0.9 I believe) and have had no issues (great build). It's been pulled as the developer claims it's not ready for any usage. Are there any differences between your latest build Keith, meaning is the AE modified, or is it an improvement upon the current build I'm using?

Thanks again! Smile
6corewhore Wrote:May be a dumb question:
I'm using the last AE build (10.0.9 I believe) and have had no issues (great build). It's been pulled as the developer claims it's not ready for any usage. Are there any differences between your latest build Keith, meaning is the AE modified, or is it an improvement upon the current build I'm using?

Thanks again! Smile

AE is AudioEngine pre-merge, so it's another branch entirely.

This build is MASTER, main, trunk, etc etc, so it's the main place all the work for the next release is happening.

So AE probably has a little outdated code since they have to sync back to master. There was some issues with how AE handles things that got uncovered, so AE builds have been taken offline until all that gets refactored.

This thread is not for AE, so we won't be discussing that build here.
keith Wrote:AE is AudioEngine pre-merge, so it's another branch entirely.

This build is MASTER, main, trunk, etc etc, so it's the main place all the work for the next release is happening.

So AE probably has a little outdated code since they have to sync back to master. There was some issues with how AE handles things that got uncovered, so AE builds have been taken offline until all that gets refactored.

This thread is not for AE, so we won't be discussing that build here.

Thanks, I understand the separation of the two, but it related for me in terms of what I may lose should I move to this new build (the AE build allows me to have better DTS/AC3 playback on my Pioneer Elite VSX-33 than any other build thus far). So my question really related to what audio changes may occur if I were to move to this "master" build, which, by what you stated, should be nil.
have a look here please - this is the error which hits you:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

and please follow the advices which could be done on mysql server site first (my mysql is up and running since 10.0-7 without probs). Be sure you didn't specify something like "--skip-networking" somewhere on the server...

Sarlic Wrote:Hi Keith,

Updated to the latest nightly, tested mysql first. Good news -- I made it beyond the splash screen. Bad news -- nothing else really happened. :-)

Here's my log, although all I can really see in it is that it couldn't connect to the sql server.

http://pastebin.com/SK8dzc8m

Many thanks for your continued efforts!

SM
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
we need crashlog and syslog here please (follow the first link in my sig for getting the info on how to find them)

Sarlic Wrote:Keith, ATV randomly crashed out to the ATV2 menu as I was testing to see what sort of video playback I was getting.

I watched the first 15-20 second of an Episode of 30Rock, and there was clearly some frame skipping going on, but nothing crashed. Once I stopped and went back out to the library and was navigating around, XBMC just kind of shut off.

Additionally, Blu-Ray (1080) playback just seems to kick me right back to the ATV menu as well but don't really see much in the log.

Here's what I have.

http://pastebin.com/P3bStG8d

Thanks again,

SM
These 2 crashes are caused by the same problem. And it should be fixed in trunk already ...

kmatheson Wrote:When navigating in the 5 July Nightly, no video playing and no library scan occuring, within a couple of folders the system crashes and reboots back to the ATV frontrow screen.

http://pastebin.com/tAq2mXiG crashlog

http://pastebin.com/0RcbRFdc xbmc.log

jacaru Wrote:Frequent crashes with the latest build, seem unrelated to playback:

crash log - http://pastebin.com/59dVxFZY
xbmc log - http://pastebin.com/UeNF2WfQ
6corewhore Wrote:Thanks, I understand the separation of the two, but it related for me in terms of what I may lose should I move to this new build (the AE build allows me to have better DTS/AC3 playback on my Pioneer Elite VSX-33 than any other build thus far). So my question really related to what audio changes may occur if I were to move to this "master" build, which, by what you stated, should be nil.

Ahh, hopefully that's the case. Try this non AE build out and report back!
Keep in mind, AE is not merged in master, so if AE had special tricks to make your Pioneer work, they are not incorporated into master yet.
I'll try to get a new build up tonight guys, thanks Memphiz for letting us know!
keith Wrote:I'll try to get a new build up tonight guys, thanks Memphiz for letting us know!

Keith, sorry about clogging up your thread but wanted to say 'Thanks' for keeping these going.

(And thanks Memphiz)
keith Wrote:Ahh, hopefully that's the case. Try this non AE build out and report back!
Keep in mind, AE is not merged in master, so if AE had special tricks to make your Pioneer work, they are not incorporated into master yet.

Will do, and as the above poster stated, THANKS Smile
Is it just me or does it seem like navigating the library is very slow with yesterday's nightlies? I updated to fix the scraper issue (THANKS A LOT!! Smile
but now it takes a quite a few seconds for the thumbs and fanart to display in the movie library.

I am also experiencing random crashing but it looks like this has been addressed already.

Anyone else experience this?
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2