Req Native MP4 Metadata Scraping
I am willing to do tv as well, just limited time and i wanted to see the community reponse first.

Tv is a bit more involved since to make that really useful i have to change enumeration process etc. If u want to help an archive with prepared tagged (short dummy) files would be very useful.
I think you are referring to my comment about tv recording things btw. That is different. Epg and such.
Any possibility of getting Artist and Album and Track Number for music video?  Getting poster, title, year, and genre for mp4 music video working well.

scott s.
(2018-01-06, 12:13)scott967 Wrote: Any possibility of getting Artist and Album and Track Number for music video?  Getting poster, title, year, and genre for mp4 music video working well.

Yes, this would be very nice!
Hi spiff,

I looked at the wiki for movies and music videos (NFO tags) to see what the 'standard Kodi tags' are:

Can I assume these tags in MKVs are supported for Music Videos?

<title> 
<track>  - track number
<album>
<artist>
<year>
<genre>

THX
Read my posts. No.
For anyone wanting to get Music Videos into Kodi (Krypton or Leia or earlier) you may want to check out this thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2440196

Basically, if you name your concert folder in format: ARTIST - ALBUM NAME (YEAR) the app will create NFOs for every video file under a music video/concert 'Source' (parent) folder based on the video's folder name (as above) and using the file's name as the track/song name.

There's a batch tool that will do every sub-folder recursively. All you need to do, after NFO creation, is set your Source folder in Kodi and set it a type of 'Music Video' then scan the source.

It doesn't add any other metadata, just allows Kod's Music Video library to be loaded and played from the Kodi UI or remote apps (there's another Music Video Scraper tool to get artwork - cover and fan art which gets displayed in some skins)

(I have mostly completed an option to tag MKVs and MP4 with same tags used in the NFOs but its not yet tested or released since I'm not sure if the new Leia MKV/MP4 tagging is working or implemented for Music Vids)

THX
Garry
(2018-01-06, 00:21)spiff Wrote: If u want to help an archive with prepared tagged (short dummy) files would be very useful.

What kind of metadata would have to be embedded into these files to check? I'm assuming season and episode number, say 3 files x 3 seasons to check if Kodi can use that info to sort the TV shows?
the stuff you want supported for episodes, basically.
the requested tags for mp4 mvideos should land shortyly; https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13332
(2018-01-03, 13:51)DeShizz Wrote: I'd be happy to help author a help/wiki page if that helps, based on my experiences through tagging MP4's.

I'd like to take you up on your offer. Are you still willing?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-07, 13:18)spiff Wrote: the stuff you want supported for episodes, basically.

Will get working on it, just trying to find something that isn't copyright offensive.
(2018-01-13, 05:58)Karellen Wrote: I'd like to take you up on your offer. Are you still willing?

Totally. Just tell me what format/outline you'd like it to take and I'll see what I can do - just no technical stuff, I don't have a seriously technical understanding of MP4 metadata, just one based on observation and experimentation.
Hello @DeShizz

Great. Thanks Smile

I have already thrown together some notes, questions, comments on a wiki page here... http://kodi.wiki/view/User:Karellen/scratchpad

Haven't got too far as I have more questions than knowledge at the moment. I have had failed attempts at tagging with MP3Tag and scraping.

Do you have a wiki account?

@Martijn
@spiff

Any information you can pass on that I can add to the page?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-15, 22:07)Karellen Wrote: I have already thrown together some notes, questions, comments on a wiki page here

Looks good so far, I have a few ideas on what to add.

(2018-01-15, 22:07)Karellen Wrote: Do you have a wiki account?

Nope, I'll request one though.
@DeShizz

I have just accepted your wiki registration. Should be good to go.

Do you know how to write wiki? If not, just write the raw text and I can fix up all the formatting Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native MP4 Metadata Scraping1