• 5(current)
Release [Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 5
OK trying to read through that long list and sot things out but I just can't seem to be able to. Not seeing anything that points to being able to flag a movie based on it being in a playlist.

Would adding a line in the .nfo file work instead? something like <oscar>true</oscar>?
(2015-01-17, 08:47)C.Taylor Wrote: OK trying to read through that long list and sot things out but I just can't seem to be able to. Not seeing anything that points to being able to flag a movie based on it being in a playlist.

Would adding a line in the .nfo file work instead? something like <oscar>true</oscar>?

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find something that works.
(2015-01-17, 09:45)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 08:47)C.Taylor Wrote: OK trying to read through that long list and sot things out but I just can't seem to be able to. Not seeing anything that points to being able to flag a movie based on it being in a playlist.

Cool, Appreciate that.

Any idea how to shrink the width of the text box for the movie title at the bottom of showcase view? It's so wide!
Warner306:

Here is the picture:

You can download the playlist from Silvo's latest mod or you can download a similar list from Shednox
I've got it sorted now. Those wanting the Oscar statue in Logo view or other views, for that matter, can replace the visibility condition based on a playlist rather than a file name. That code would look like this:

<visible>StringCompare(Container.FolderPath,special://profile/playlists/video/BestPicture.xsp)</visible>

A Best Picture playlist created for this purpose can be downloaded in this forum post. In order to reference the playlist, it must be moved to the userdata/playlists/video folder. Unlike the string .oscars, however, the statue will only appear when that playlist is accessed.

You can substitute your own Oscars playlist as desired by changing the playlist name in the code above.
(2015-01-17, 09:55)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 09:45)Warner306 Wrote:

Cool, Appreciate that.

Any idea how to shrink the width of the text box for the movie title at the bottom of showcase view? It's so wide!

The showcase textbox is controlled by two variables found in MyVideoNav.xml. Find the section that starts with:

<visible>Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(53)</visible>

These are the controls for Landscape and Showcase. The title variable is controlled by <label>$VAR[FloorLabelVar]</label>. The subheading (movie genres) is controlled by <label>$VAR[FloorSubLabelVar]</label>. Change the value of <width> and the title will be shortened.
(2015-01-17, 21:16)Warner306 Wrote: I've got it sorted now. Those wanting the Oscar statue in Logo view or other views, for that matter, can replace the visibility condition based on a playlist rather than a file name. That code would look like this:

<visible>StringCompare(Container.FolderPath,special://profile/playlists/video/BestPicture.xsp)</visible>

A Best Picture playlist created for this purpose can be downloaded in this forum post. In order to reference the playlist, it must be moved to the userdata/playlists/video folder. Unlike the string .oscars, however, the statue will only appear when that playlist is accessed.

You can substitute your own Oscars playlist as desired by changing the playlist name in the code above.

I've changed the visible line in the code however it's not bringing the icon in. The playlist does work as a playlist and gives me all the best picture winners so there's something not allowing it to bring the icon into the skin. Still messing with it though.

*Edit - Played around a bit more and now the oscar statue shows up on any view ONLY if I'm looking through the full playlist for best picture, not just in a regular library view where it goes away when not on a BP movie. The statue is even there when the files icon is highlighted.

Still playing.

Also, how would I adjust the path for the playlist if I wanted to have it within the skin folder not the user folder?

I'll keep playing.

More messing around and I can confirm that string for the playlist will work only when viewing the playlist. There's a mod I've incorporated to have all best picture winners in a playlist string and it brings up a spefici logo in that view which is the same string you've posted. So it works, in a way, but not the way we'd like it to.

(2015-01-17, 21:32)Warner306 Wrote: The showcase textbox is controlled by two variables found in MyVideoNav.xml. Find the section that starts with:

<visible>Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(53)</visible>

These are the controls for Landscape and Showcase. The title variable is controlled by <label>$VAR[FloorLabelVar]</label>. The subheading (movie genres) is controlled by <label>$VAR[FloorSubLabelVar]</label>. Change the value of <width> and the title will be shortened.

I seem to be very lost here. I guess I'm using a different version of Nox as I don't have any of these lines in that file. I keep searching for width but none of those adjustmenst made affect the title at the bottom of showcase view. Again, still planning.
(2015-01-17, 21:16)Warner306 Wrote: I've got it sorted now. Those wanting the Oscar statue in Logo view or other views, for that matter, can replace the visibility condition based on a playlist rather than a file name. That code would look like this:

What file do I insert this line to?
I'm guessing you're using Notepad rather than an xml editor such as Notepad++ to make adjustments? It's easy to make a mistake in Notepad. The code is much more organized and easy to find in Notepad++.

I don't know if you are using the version of Aeon Nox 5 found in the official repo or not. But, if you upload your copy of MyVideoNav.xml, I can make the edits myself and send it back to you.

It would be no problem.
I'm using Notepad++ and making most of the changes and finding how things work. However I still can't figure out the title text box for Showcase view.

I'm not using Nox 5 but one of the Nox 4.whatevers. That might be the issue however I didn't think they were that different. At any rate I've gone through the MyVideoNav file and nothing there seems to adjust the title bar.

For the Oscar statue popping up on landscape view only for oscar winners based on the playlist, it's only going to work if you are viewing that playlist as a direct menu option and not if you are viewing your entire library. I'm unclear what variable to change to get it to work all the time by accessing the playlist but not requiring it to be the view mode. And asking around about other things has brought out some less-then-helpful responses with a snarky attitude. To this point your help has taught me a number of things and I've been able to expand to other areas making adjustments to things that never looked right.

If we can figure out this Oscar thing I think it would be very cool to have it pop up on the movie info screen as well the way the IMDB Top 250 pops out at the top. Though that might not be a Nox 5 feature. I don't know.
Again I was able to add the statue on the movie info screen but only if you'd gone through the playlist to access the movie. If I go through the regular movies list then no statue. But I'll keep playing!
(2015-01-18, 07:29)C.Taylor Wrote: Again I was able to add the statue on the movie info screen but only if you'd gone through the playlist to access the movie. If I go through the regular movies list then no statue. But I'll keep playing!

Aeon Nox 4 and Aeon Nox 5 are completely different skins. Unfortunately, as you will find, if you keep changing things, the file names of the xmls and content controlled within each xml can vary greatly. You have to understand the basic logic underlying the design as created by the designer. For example, Nox 5 uses MyVideoNav.xml to display labels that appear in the same position in different views. The same title, for example, displays in the same place in Landscape and Showcase view. This saves code and makes for a more efficient skin. This means the labels for Showcase view in Nox 4 are probably located in the file containing the view itself, which will contain a view number and name (e.g., Showcase). Nox 4 is heavy, both in terms of the amount of animations used and the amount of options/code. This can make for a headache.

As for your Oscars playlist, I would just open the folder containing the files and rename them with a program such as File Renamer Basic. Put .oscars at the end of each filename and use the visibility condition I used. That way, the statue will show up in any viewtype you add it to.

P.S. If you plan of extensively modifying anything, plan to have a lot of patience. Sometimes the logic underlying something as simple as a visibility condition can be repeated from one file to another only to have the code not work the second time. There are many rules and very specific syntax that has to be learned. It is rarely easy and will takes a lot of experience to be time-efficient or satisfied that you are in control of what you are trying to do. I would suggest minimizing your mods, but it's up to you. In general, watch for visibility conditions and control tags that have a <control></control>. Each group, image and label has to have a control that opens and closes. Sometimes the closing tag is several pages down and you accidentally delete it leading to a black screen. Coding is rarely rewarding to me.
Yeah I didn't realize your mods were for Nox 5 and I was using a version of Nox 5, but even then I never guessed they were so very different. Even still, I've learnt a number of things with your help thus far. Still just got a couple issues to figure out.

For the oscars deal, I could go through all my best picture films and add to the file names easy enough, just would be cool to get the playlist working as that opens up even more possibilities. I'll keep monkeying and seeing if I can figure something out.

I completely understand the frustration that comes with working with code. I've done a number of different things that are similar in nature and yes 1 little thing can mess up so much and be so simple to overlook. It's unfortunate you don't get more enjoyment when you accomplish something cool though. So far I'm having some fun learning a bit and when I can make some cool change it's giving me a sense of accomplishment. I just don't have the time to spend weeks and months learning all the code to build a brand new skin. Just want to play with what's already here and see if I can make it a bit better. Rather than buy a rust bucket and restore it from scratch I'd rather buy something new and add a few accents to make it better.

But as always I do thank you for offering your knowledge and advice. It's very much appreciated as such help hasn't always been easy to find around here.

Hmmm... tried adding oscar and .oscar to the file name to see how that might work but Kodi isn't scraping everything now. Argo won't scrape at all with oscar in the file name at all. To continue to monkey!
The files will scrape. All of my files end in .oscars. Just make sure the Year is after the Title. You should end up with two versions of the same file and require a library cleaning to remove the old titles.
(2015-01-18, 10:46)Warner306 Wrote: The files will scrape. All of my files end in .oscars. Just make sure the Year is after the Title. You should end up with two versions of the same file and require a library cleaning to remove the old titles.

I understand how the scraper works, but it's not scraping Argo now. It did for Return of the King. I haven't tried any others yet as I wanted to test it first.

Another query. If I wanted to add the oscar icon to the movie playing info screen, what visibility string might I need? (If you have any idea).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 57