• 5(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
beta5 works. Excellent.
Live streams OK for Limelight. None of the Akamai streams work.
On-demand perfect, all Akamai.
Might be an unlocator problem.
(2015-09-26, 13:15)jcorsaut Wrote: Under the categories section,if I select a category (history for example) the list that appears then shows episodes from iPlayer randomly. Maybe by date?

It should be the same order as on the iPlayer website. In case of the history category, it should be ordered like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/categories/...?sort=atoz. If this is not the case for you, please get back to me, ideally with a screenshot or something similar by PM.

(2015-09-26, 13:15)jcorsaut Wrote: If I go to the alpha section though and select a letter, I am then presented with a list of shows. I can then select a show and see all episodes.

Is it possible to have the shows appear in the categories section instead of just individual episodes? That makes it easier than having to look in the categories section for shows I might want to watch, and then going back to the alpha section to find the rest of the episodes.

Thanks for notifying me of this. Looks like the Beeb changed their website slightly. This should be fixed in RC1, available in the first post.
(2015-09-26, 13:38)CaptainT Wrote: [quote='jcorsaut' pid='2116408' dateline='1443266129']
Under the categories section,if I select a category (history for example) the list that appears then shows episodes from iPlayer randomly. Maybe by date?

It should be the same order as on the iPlayer website. In case of the history category, it should be ordered like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/categories/...?sort=atoz. If this is not the case for you, please get back to me, ideally with a screenshot or something similar by PM.

(2015-09-26, 13:15)jcorsaut Wrote: If I go to the alpha section though and select a letter, I am then presented with a list of shows. I can then select a show and see all episodes.

Is it possible to have the shows appear in the categories section instead of just individual episodes? That makes it easier than having to look in the categories section for shows I might want to watch, and then going back to the alpha section to find the rest of the episodes.

Thanks for notifying me of this. Looks like the Beeb changed their website slightly. This should be fixed in RC1, available in the first post.
[/quote}

Downloaded RC1, everything working great now. All categories are shown alphabetically now (at least in my Kodi). Thanks so much!
Does iPlayer still broadcast a 1280x720 25fps live stream? The 50fps is too much for my connection at times, or maybe its my aging pc.
(2015-09-26, 15:02)primaeval Wrote: Does iPlayer still broadcast a 1280x720 25fps live stream? The 50fps is too much for my connection at times, or maybe its my aging pc.

IIRC, 1280x720 25fps is/was provided via RTMP only. iPlayer WWW does not use RTMP because the BBC announced in their tech blog they would discontinue it soon. So they may still be available, but I do not plan to integrate them here.

From my experience, the new 3 Mbit HLS stream looks as good as the previous 3.2 Mbit RTMP stream, although the resolution is just 960x540 as opposed to 1280x720.

Edit: "IIRC, 1280x720 25fps is/was provided via RTMP only." is not correct. 1280x720p 25fps might also be made available without using RTMP, but only for catchup content. Please let me know if this would help.
Are the Akamai live streams working ok in the UK? I'll ask unlocator to see if they can fix their dns service if they are ok.
(2015-09-26, 19:29)primaeval Wrote: Are the Akamai live streams working ok in the UK? I'll ask unlocator to see if they can fix their dns service if they are ok.
Akamai and Limelight working for me with Live TV and catch-up, but need to take care with quality level of stream or too many pauses. (overplay dns)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
I asked unlocator to fix Akamai. Live Akamai works now.
Could you make the preferred stream bitrate a maximum not an absolute. The streams fail if they do not match the bitrate exactly.

Could you make the opening stream dialog an option. I can see my kids pressing Cancel by mistake a lot.

Its looking good so far.
One other "nice to have" which may or may not be possible with the streams available for live TV.

On the iPlayer website, if you join a live TV stream during a programme you get the option to go back to the beginning of the programme and stream it from there. Would that be a possible option to implement, or do the available streams not allow it?

Just joined the F1 GP on the BBC1 stream near the end of the race this morning, and it would have been nice to be able to rewind it and watch from the start.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-09-27, 07:51)primaeval Wrote: Could you make the preferred stream bitrate a maximum not an absolute. The streams fail if they do not match the bitrate exactly.

This is exactly how it is supposed to work: If the selected bitrate cannot be found, the next lower bitrate will be used. I noticed that there was a bug for the live streams, which may have triggered a problem, also there was another problem for some specific catchup content. Please try rc2. If you still experience problems with this, please indicate some shows or live channels where you observe the issue.

(2015-09-27, 07:51)primaeval Wrote: Could you make the opening stream dialog an option. I can see my kids pressing Cancel by mistake a lot.

Not sure I understand correctly: Are you looking for an option to suppress the opening stream dialog? I am not even sure that's possible.
(2015-09-27, 09:46)DarrenHill Wrote: One other "nice to have" which may or may not be possible with the streams available for live TV.

On the iPlayer website, if you join a live TV stream during a programme you get the option to go back to the beginning of the programme and stream it from there. Would that be a possible option to implement, or do the available streams not allow it?

I don't know if it is possible to implement this, but it is certainly an interesting feature of the iPlayer website. If it is possible, this may take some time.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2081054

Solution for built in proxy? I live in the U.S. and would love access without having to change my DNS or VPN servers.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-09-27, 18:48)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-09-27, 07:51)primaeval Wrote: Could you make the preferred stream bitrate a maximum not an absolute. The streams fail if they do not match the bitrate exactly.

This is exactly how it is supposed to work: If the selected bitrate cannot be found, the next lower bitrate will be used. I noticed that there was a bug for the live streams, which may have triggered a problem, also there was another problem for some specific catchup content. Please try rc2. If you still experience problems with this, please indicate some shows or live channels where you observe the issue.

(2015-09-27, 07:51)primaeval Wrote: Could you make the opening stream dialog an option. I can see my kids pressing Cancel by mistake a lot.

Not sure I understand correctly: Are you looking for an option to suppress the opening stream dialog? I am not even sure that's possible.

Here is an example: "CBeebies Prom from the Royal Albert Hall". The bitrates available for me are: 1012, 1800, 3116 and 5510. If I set 1500 in the catchup bitrate settings I get Playback Failed. rc2 is the same.

The dialog that is confusing to kids is the one what says "Iplayer WWW, Opening Stream, Cancel". It doesn't open in Mikey's if that helps.

The only other thing I noticed is that if I change the settings in the addon I have to exit and restart it for the settings to change.
where do i get beta 5 ...the 1st link in the 1st post has no bbc 1...2 ..and 4

i currently have beta 4 downloaded from the 1st post
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12