• 5(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
(2021-06-06, 18:44)Shoter Wrote: The update cannot be installed at all. I keep popping up bugs that the dependencies don't match: Skin helper service and others, don't match something out there. Only zip download and zip installation work. Log does not write anything - strange.
Hey, probably it was caused by my changes to repository and its name.
Today I pushed a huge update with a lot of changes, also I made a rebranding, that's why I changed repository Smile
Please try to install it now. It should works since I tested it on fresh CoreELEC install.
(2021-06-06, 18:56)iphonenexus Wrote:
(2021-06-06, 17:50)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-06-06, 17:37)iphonenexus Wrote: Is the dependency of Skin Helper Service necessary? The skin runs fine without it being installed. 

I'm asking because 'Skin Helper Service' crashes my Kodi on Windows 10. I have to delete the addon folder to use Kodi without crashing and it gets reinstalled every time the skin gets updated.

It was necessary but today I got rid of it and this evening I will push an update without those dependencies. Of course if You installed it before, dependencies will be installed as well but skin won't use them anymore. I also noticed some performance boost as well as ratings are working better Smile

Glad to know it.  Smile Always faced that issue with Leia but hadn't noticed it in Matrix until now. So had to ask. I guess pkscout mod didn't use that dependency.
pkscout mod uses those dependencies as original AZ2 used. The only difference was that, those dependencies was not installed while installing skin from pkscout's repository.
My mod used those dependencies and did an install while installing skin until today Smile I got rid of legacy stuff. Now I can to make some changes that fits my and your - guys - needs! Smile

To be honest, now some stuff is missing (since old dependencies are gone) like changing color scheme based on time or skin create/restore backups. Maybe in future I will implement it as it should be but for now it's gone.

Also I would like to say, please test if you can and please give me a feedback. I tried to test as much I could but there are maybe some smaller things with bugs.
"Hey my gorgeous friends"! Smile
Just wanted to inform you all, as you can see (or not Big Grin) I made a rebranding. I think this skin name is better than before and sounds good ^^
Unfortunately, from now, skin has to be installed again. It's not that bad thing, since I dropped a lot of legacy code and dependencies and now, things should works smoother and faster. Also please notice that, some stuff is missing and waiting to be implemented again. If there is something you really need (from old stuff) I will think how to implement it again.

If you like, please test and give me a feedback what is broken (of course if you find something! :>)
Hey man! Great work here keeping AZ2 alive. I still can't believe Jurial just dropped it so unceremoniously. I've been fiddling with it for an hour or so. Here's a list of things I'd really like to see re-implemented or added (please feel free to tell me no - it's a mostly a wish list):

1. In the "Show Information" view, under "Manage" there used to be a button to reload the film entirely (like if you changed the nfo file or added new art locally, for instance, and wanted to refresh the information). I'd like that added back. Otherwise you have to remove the item from the library and re-add it, which is time-consuming.

2. One of my homescreen items is for android apps and for its Submenu Hub Widget, I've used Favourites in the past. This doesn't seem to be an option anymore, at least that I can find. Is this something that was removed with legacy programs being removed? Is it replaceable?

3. For a while now, I've been manually replacing the white ratings icons (rt, moviedb, etc) with color icons in the skin's files. Is there a way to implement a choice between white and colored ratings icons? It's not too hard to replace them manually, but with all the updates I'm sure you'll be making, replacing them with a flip of a switch in the skin would be much easier, since they revert to white after every update. Others might welcome the option as well. I have the color icon files if you need/want them.

4. Another nitpick that would really only suit me - I use the horizontal homescreen with the "Home" icon in the corner. I also usually manually replace the default home icon with the kodi logo. Could you add having the kodi logo there as an option?
nfm886:

Now that you have tmdbhelper implemented, can you add trak ratings too?
Thanks for your feedback!

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 1. In the "Show Information" view, under "Manage" there used to be a button to reload the film entirely (like if you changed the nfo file or added new art locally, for instance, and wanted to refresh the information). I'd like that added back. Otherwise you have to remove the item from the library and re-add it, which is time-consuming.

That's a good idea. I will try to make it happen Smile

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 2. One of my homescreen items is for android apps and for its Submenu Hub Widget, I've used Favourites in the past. This doesn't seem to be an option anymore, at least that I can find. Is this something that was removed with legacy programs being removed? Is it replaceable?

Favourites widget was managed by SkinHelper addon which is no more as dependency. I will think how to implement this because I was using it too ^^

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 3. For a while now, I've been manually replacing the white ratings icons (rt, moviedb, etc) with color icons in the skin's files. Is there a way to implement a choice between white and colored ratings icons? It's not too hard to replace them manually, but with all the updates I'm sure you'll be making, replacing them with a flip of a switch in the skin would be much easier, since they revert to white after every update. Others might welcome the option as well. I have the color icon files if you need/want them.

Colored ratings can break same "consistency" of the skin but making a switch is not bad idea. I will consider it. But for now it's not that important to add, since now there is a lot of other things to fix Tongue

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 4. Another nitpick that would really only suit me - I use the horizontal homescreen with the "Home" icon in the corner. I also usually manually replace the default home icon with the kodi logo. Could you add having the kodi logo there as an option?

Of course! Added to my TODO list Smile
(2021-06-07, 04:56)Edworld Wrote: nfm886:

Now that you have tmdbhelper implemented, can you add trak ratings too?

Hey Smile
Of course. Now it's possible to add this. I will try to do this Smile
testing on clean install

Missing information images, likely need pointing to a online url

Quit Exit menu at end of menu code needs moving to top of all menu items to have at top of menu.

like this, unless its where it was intended

Note with skin name change user's will have to go to setting / interface / skin - to apply the new build as will be two under different names in there system, thats not a bad thing as give fall back options if a release has problems...

skin helper installs when changing highlight colour, that's good for those of use that want to change these colours till a better option is found.
(2021-06-07, 07:36)nfm886 Wrote: Thanks for your feedback!

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 1. In the "Show Information" view, under "Manage" there used to be a button to reload the film entirely (like if you changed the nfo file or added new art locally, for instance, and wanted to refresh the information). I'd like that added back. Otherwise you have to remove the item from the library and re-add it, which is time-consuming.

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 2. One of my homescreen items is for android apps and for its Submenu Hub Widget, I've used Favourites in the past. This doesn't seem to be an option anymore, at least that I can find. Is this something that was removed with legacy programs being removed? Is it replaceable?

Favourites widget was managed by SkinHelper addon which is no more as dependency. I will think how to implement this because I was using it too ^^

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 3. For a while now, I've been manually replacing the white ratings icons (rt, moviedb, etc) with color icons in the skin's files. Is there a way to implement a choice between white and colored ratings icons? It's not too hard to replace them manually, but with all the updates I'm sure you'll be making, replacing them with a flip of a switch in the skin would be much easier, since they revert to white after every update. Others might welcome the option as well. I have the color icon files if you need/want them.

Colored ratings can break same "consistency" of the skin but making a switch is not bad idea. I will consider it. But for now it's not that important to add, since now there is a lot of other things to fix Tongue

(2021-06-06, 22:03)onesane Wrote: 4. Another nitpick that would really only suit me - I use the horizontal homescreen with the "Home" icon in the corner. I also usually manually replace the default home icon with the kodi logo. Could you add having the kodi logo there as an option?

You're amazing dude. Thanks for the response and the hard work!
(2021-06-07, 07:55)Silent Knight Wrote: testing on clean install

Missing information images, likely need pointing to a online url

Quit Exit menu at end of menu code needs moving to top of all menu items to have at top of menu.

like this, unless its where it was intended

Note with skin name change user's will have to go to setting / interface / skin - to apply the new build as will be two under different names in there system, thats not a bad thing as give fall back options if a release has problems...

skin helper installs when changing highlight colour, that's good for those of use that want to change these colours till a better option is found.

Thanks for your reply!

1. Today I will try to fix those missing images.
2. I think last position for "Exit" menu entry is better since you won't use it that many times and it's not needed to be on top of the list. Also there may be possibility someone can Exit Kodi by pressing button on their remote when it will be highlighted. And it will be highlighted after opening Kodi.
3. I can't do much about those 2 builds. I changed branding and id of the skin is changed. As you noticed it's not that bad thing Tongue but for sure, it's require from user some more clicks :/
4. Fortunately Skin Helper Service ColorPicker is in official Kodi repository for Matrix, so it's not a big deal. It's not that massive dependency as SkinHelper Service was Smile
(2021-06-07, 07:56)onesane Wrote:
(2021-06-07, 07:36)nfm886 Wrote: Thanks for your feedback!

You're amazing dude. Thanks for the response and the hard work!

Thanks for kind words! Smile
Icon.png still zephyr attached new png for you to replace this with

new png for you
https://www.mediafire.com/view/hwwq8a2vs...n.png/file

fan-art blank image replacement
https://www.mediafire.com/view/domxsdxuu...t.jpg/file

new icon will give this

just a thought on rename

heppen Definition - Neat; fit; comfortable. Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by G. & C. Merriam Co. Want to thank
Just tested the latest version and it's the best version till now. The performance feels on par or even better than the original skin. The ratings now appear on the widgets (both movies and tv shows). Amazing work!

Is there any way to add pvr artwork on 'TV channels' and 'TV guide' page? Of course consider this only if you're able and if it doesn't affect the performance of the skin.
sorry use your choice to over write that png with one of these much higher quality

https://www.mediafire.com/view/vvlygssi20ycr3u/icon.png/file

OR

https://www.mediafire.com/view/d3yyngxbq...n.png/file

tested with these and they are much much better.
(2021-06-07, 08:35)iphonenexus Wrote: Just tested the latest version and it's the best version till now. The performance feels on par or even better than the original skin. The ratings now appear on the widgets (both movies and tv shows). Amazing work!

Is there any way to add pvr artwork on 'TV channels' and 'TV guide' page? Of course consider this only if you're able and if it doesn't affect the performance of the skin.

did you make sure to go to the skin and change it there, due to the rename its more a new install leaving the old version.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0