• 5(current)
Android Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)
Welcome - Remember: We are sitting on the same device :-)

I already had a Cube two years ago, but as they broke SDR there and the Comics of my daughter all looked pink ... this was unbearable. FireTV 4K MAX was a great device, but I somehow missed Dolby HD and DTS-HD-MA. Now watching here Bohemian Rapsody which I bought in 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos. Works great.

Btw. if you "downgrade" to the Nexus build, you need to backup settings and stuff and uninstall as downgrade is not supported via ADB.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
<offtopic>
re backup:

Code:
adb shell
cd /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
tar -czvf /sdcard/kodi.tar.gz .

now we wait for dolby-vision support, the future is looking better
</offtopic>
I assume I can continue using the "wooden hammer" build Smile as I do want DV.
Maybe, but only maybe ... my backports build also has ffmpeg5 and dolby vision ... but that you need to find out yourself ...
Source: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commits/...ports-cube
APK: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...bi-v7a.apk

(when it's gone - it's gone - I don't want to maintain builds ... only posted it for the nice collaboration and the tipp with the USB2 gigabit ethernet dongle).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
here nor there concerning this thread or audio passthrough work thats been done

thanks again, its very much appreciated
Thank you fritsch. The  "wooden hammer" build is working great.
(2023-02-14, 01:58)hdmkv Wrote: Image

Haha brilliant!
(2023-02-12, 22:32)hdmkv Wrote: Results:
- TrueHD/ATMOS & DTS MA/X passed & play fine (audio in synch)
- 24p video played properly at 24

Debug log.
Just for some additional clarity, I assume you mean 24p video played properly at 23.976?  Or has Amazon finally added 24.0 Hz support as well?

Good to hear about the full audio support.  Which HDR formats does this device currently handle in Kodi?  HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision (which profiles)?
Yes, by 24p I meant 23.976, which my display shows as "24". Whoever gets to it first here, can please share what Amazon's X-ray app is showing? Away from home right now. Here's a shortcut app for it.
(2023-02-14, 18:21)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, by 24p I meant 23.976, which my display shows as "24". Whoever gets to it first here, can please share what Amazon's X-ray app is showing? Away from home right now. Here's a shortcut app for it.
for this file https://paste.kodi.tv/resumivoje it shows vorbis for audio codec, hevc for video codec, framerate 23.976

note: audio always shows vorbis and i have never seen anything different from any app or source

edit:

using the apk fritsch provided kodi-20230213-74c7da42-cube-armeabi-v7a.apk
(2023-02-08, 16:12)fritsch Wrote: FireTV Cube 3rd gen ist the only one for now ... all others can't.

The FIre TV stick 4k max got the same version of fire os as the Cube (FireOS 7.6.1.4)
Can it also handle(passthrough) DTS HD-Master formats now?
No.
Master from tomorrow should work out of the box for all FireTV Cube users.
right on, thanks fritsch
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)0