• 50(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Im on libreelec running gamestarter...everything works fine from advance launcher however i can't get any of the systems to launch from internet archive rom launcher addon...
(2017-01-02, 21:59)bignellrp Wrote: Sorry, I should have read the manual first (rtfm)

I did have my system dir set wrong. It now works on Mac, about to try on andriod when I get the tv back from the wife.

I have some tweaking to do on the Mac as it ran in the background and didn't auto switch to retroarch. I didn't think it was working at first. There must be a setting to run maximised.

I found this guide useful:

https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr.../1.--Setup

All now works on Andriod now I've followed the instructions and downloaded all the updates and cores within Retroarch. Only problem that remains is that the controllers "focus" remains within Kodi and the controller is not picked up by Retroarch as a user controller so you can't control the game. A bit of a fatal flaw but I'm sure there's a way to fix this. Any help would be appreciated if someone else has come across this?
(2017-01-02, 05:16)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote:
(2017-01-01, 19:26)zachmorris Wrote: Take a look at the unfiltered lists. I think it will have what you're looking for.
Nice - Exactly what I was looking for! Just one problem, I'm not able to launch anything from these unfiltered lists. It only downloads a 40kb file and gives me a script error - I am able to download/launch other Dreamcast games from the filtered lists. Looks like the URL it's trying to find to may have changed, as I tried loading it in the browser and got a "The item you have requested has a problem with one or more of the metadata files" error:

You found yet another bug. Your getting good at this!
This issue is just a typo in the Full Dreamcast xml. I'll fix it in the next update, but you can fix it easily by doing a find all / replace all with a text editor:
Find All:
Code:
name="https://archive.org/download/
Replace All:
Code:
name="
(2017-01-02, 14:35)J9104 Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 07:52)fongmac Wrote: Anyone having issues with psx in iarl? Im stuck in a loop where iarl just keeps trying to download the game whether i select launch or download...it tells me download is complete but thats it. It never launches...if i hit launch it tries to ownload game again...what am i doing wrong?

If the download goes very fast it not actually downloading. Playstation games usually take awhile. Make sure your archive.org login info is correct in IARL. It says to put in username and password but really you need to put in your email used and password. You can watch the Youtube links in my previous post to see how I bet it going. So far for me; some games work and some games don't.

Hope this helps!

Thats a good point. I'll change the setting to "User Email" or something like that to clarify.
(2017-01-03, 00:50)bignellrp Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 21:59)bignellrp Wrote: Sorry, I should have read the manual first (rtfm)

I did have my system dir set wrong. It now works on Mac, about to try on andriod when I get the tv back from the wife.

I have some tweaking to do on the Mac as it ran in the background and didn't auto switch to retroarch. I didn't think it was working at first. There must be a setting to run maximised.

I found this guide useful:

https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr.../1.--Setup

All now works on Andriod now I've followed the instructions and downloaded all the updates and cores within Retroarch. Only problem that remains is that the controllers "focus" remains within Kodi and the controller is not picked up by Retroarch as a user controller so you can't control the game. A bit of a fatal flaw but I'm sure there's a way to fix this. Any help would be appreciated if someone else has come across this?

Hmm. Interesting. I haven't had this issue. Does the controller work when Kodi is exited and it's just retroarch running?

Second question:
Does the problem go away when you choose Settings>system settings>input devices>enable joystick and gamepad support>toggle and disable (which will disable control in Kodi)? If the latter works, maybe there's a way for me to temporarily disable control when a launch command is sent, then re-enable it after you return back to Kodi.
I am using this addon i.a.r.l in s905x libreelec with retroarch.
[LibreELEC] Run RetroArch on your S905/S905X device!
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...05x-device

I have chosen s905x in addon setting and ran wizard too,i have retroarch addon for s905x too but when i try to play rom ,it fails to open retroarch.any ideas?is there specific setting for s905x retroarch launcher addon in kodi required for iarl to work?

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-01-03, 14:05)Jackhari Wrote: I am using this addon i.a.r.l in s905x libreelec with retroarch.

I have chosen s905x in addon setting and ran wizard too,i have retroarch addon for s905x too but when i try to play rom ,it fails to open retroarch.any ideas?is there specific setting for s905x retroarch launcher addon in kodi required for iarl to work?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Same here, fails to open RetroArch, but restarts Kodi.
I'm using 32 bit 7.0.3.011 build from kszaq, and RetroArch 7.0.2-j07 from JoKeRzBoX's repo.
(2017-01-03, 15:44)djnice Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 14:05)Jackhari Wrote: I am using this addon i.a.r.l in s905x libreelec with retroarch.

I'm using 32 bit 7.0.3.011 build from kszaq, and RetroArch 7.0.2-j07 from JoKeRzBoX's repo.

You need to fix the external command to launch retroarch with the ROM, I've done it on a s905x box, but I can't remember from memory now.
(2017-01-03, 19:59)efegue Wrote:

You need to fix the external command to launch retroarch with the ROM, I've done it on a s905x box, but I can't remember from memory now.

Check ur config and pls advise what config works,thanks

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-01-03, 01:26)zachmorris Wrote: You found yet another bug. Your getting good at this!
This issue is just a typo in the Full Dreamcast xml. I'll fix it in the next update, but you can fix it easily by doing a find all / replace all with a text editor:
Find All:
Code:
name="https://archive.org/download/
Replace All:
Code:
name="

haha thanks! Though the QA in me thinks I totally should have noticed the double URL - Either way, works great now!!

For s905 and the like, I simply copied the commands another user provided that he said worked. If they need to be modified please let me know.
The commands IARL sends to launch a game for Amlogic are listed here.

Edit: I think I see the issue, and I updated the command format using the format from this thread. You can try the new command database by replacing the external_command_database.xml with the new one from git.
(2017-01-04, 00:53)zachmorris Wrote:

For s905 and the like, I simply copied the commands another user provided that he said worked. If they need to be modified please let me know.
The commands IARL sends to launch a game for Amlogic are listed here.

Edit: I think I see the issue, and I updated the command format using the format from this thread. You can try the new command database by replacing the external_command_database.xml with the new one from git.

I replaced the xml file, but still does not working.

There are the files from LE:
retroarch.sh
retroarch.start
I discovered the bug:

Kodi log:
IARL External launch command sent: /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh snes9x "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/Mortal Kombat II (Europe).sfc"

The problem is the wrong library name, when I replacing snes9x to snes9x2010, the game is loading.
(2017-01-04, 13:32)djnice Wrote: I discovered the bug:

Kodi log:
IARL External launch command sent: /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh snes9x "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/Mortal Kombat II (Europe).sfc"

The problem is the wrong library name, when I replacing snes9x to snes9x2010, the game is loading.

OK thats good news, it works. The core name should be changeable in the addon settings. See here. If there are better defaults to set for Amlogic in the wizard, let me know.
Long time lurker, first time poster! Smile

@zachmorris
First of all. Love the Add On!
After some tinkering with Retroarch it works like a champ.

A quick question regarding the default skin.
I'm trying to adapt IARL to my skin of choice Artic Zephyr. (Haven't seen any other skin mods yet.)
What I'm trying to do is to change the launch window to 1080i and use the roms fanart as a background in that window.
Can't for the love of me figure out how to do that.
Possible without too much hacking?
If so... Can someone give me any pointers how this can be accomplished?

Thanks! Smile
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10