• 50(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
@fandangos thanks for this! I recently brought a GT 1030 for my HTPC assuming it would give me HDR with LibreELEC, whoops!

Came across this, and it was so easy to get up and running. Installed Windows and your build, and hello HDR!
A simple question . 

Is it possible to use madVr with Kodi without additional players once Kodi 19 is released ? No more use of DS Player or MPC-BE . Just use HDR and tweak it with madVr ?
(2019-11-02, 03:27)Zoltrix Wrote: @fandangos thanks for this! I recently brought a GT 1030 for my HTPC assuming it would give me HDR with LibreELEC, whoops!

Came across this, and it was so easy to get up and running. Installed Windows and your build, and hello HDR!

Can you please share your settings? Or maybe like step-by-step guide? Blush I have GT 1030 and I'm unable to get it working correctly. Yes, the HDR works, but there's a horrible stuttering going on, it's basically a slideshow.
(2019-11-03, 13:11)DrPepper Wrote: A simple question . 

Is it possible to use madVr with Kodi without additional players once Kodi 19 is released ? No more use of DS Player or MPC-BE . Just use HDR and tweak it with madVr ?

No it is not, madvr needs a complete implementation like dsplayer.
(2019-11-03, 13:25)ToKro Wrote:
(2019-11-02, 03:27)Zoltrix Wrote: @fandangos thanks for this! I recently brought a GT 1030 for my HTPC assuming it would give me HDR with LibreELEC, whoops!

Can you please share your settings? Or maybe like step-by-step guide? Blush I have GT 1030 and I'm unable to get it working correctly. Yes, the HDR works, but there's a horrible stuttering going on, it's basically a slideshow.

Try disabling the automatic switch from always to off.
Maybe your display doesn't like 23hz.
(2019-11-03, 14:20)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-11-03, 13:11)DrPepper Wrote: A simple question . 

No it is not, madvr needs a complete implementation like dsplayer. 

Isn't there a way to integrate it in future versions of Kodi ? More and more people are using it , DS Player is not supported anymoer and MPC Player is simply crap as it has no OSD.
OK, so I've once again reinstalled Kodi and NVIDIA drivers (same version) and now it just works, including the refresh rate switching... I honestly have no idea what was wrong with it, but I'm glad that it's fixed now (hopefully).

I've also found out that I have to keep the color settings in NVIDIA control panel at default, if I switch to the "use NVIDIA colour settings" option it starts to stutter in Kodi.
(2019-11-03, 16:54)ToKro Wrote: I've also found out that I have to keep the color settings in NVIDIA control panel at default, if I switch to the "use NVIDIA colour settings" option it starts to stutter in Kodi.
Are you saying that NVIDIA colour settings make Kodi stutter? I have reverted to mpc + madVR as an external player since I couldn't get Kodi to stop stuttering.
(2019-11-03, 17:26)Cinephile Wrote:
(2019-11-03, 16:54)ToKro Wrote: I've also found out that I have to keep the color settings in NVIDIA control panel at default, if I switch to the "use NVIDIA colour settings" option it starts to stutter in Kodi.
Are you saying that NVIDIA colour settings make Kodi stutter? I have reverted to mpc + madVR as an external player since I couldn't get Kodi to stop stuttering.

It seems there are several solutions for stuttering.
On my end I solved setting the delay, that's why I've added it as a default setting.

He did a fresh install and removed the color setting on Nvidia control panel.
It might be all three or just one of those that solved it.
Quote:Are you saying that NVIDIA colour settings make Kodi stutter?
Yes, I've actually tried to replicate it once again and it seems like this is the reason for stuttering for some weird reason, at least for me.
Quote:He did a fresh install and removed the color setting on Nvidia control panel.
The fresh install of NVIDIA drivers resets the settings to defaults, so that's probably the reason why it helps. But I noticed something very weird - when I activated the NVIDIA color settings and then reverted it back to system defaults, it didn't make the stuttering go away. It seems like just activating the NVIDIA colors once brakes it forever – it started working again only after I've reinstalled the drivers again. 

I spent three days trying to make 4K HDR movies work on Win 10 with GT 1030. I've tried everything - Kodi DSplayer, Kodi 10 HDR Edition and even Kodi with external player and madVR. But there was always either stuttering, or the HDR didn't work at all, or it worked only with the Windows HDR activated. But all these scenarios had one thing in common - I always had the NVIDIA color setting activated, once I left it on system defaults it works without an issue. It's switching the refresh rates, it's outputing HDR and it's not stuttering at all. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether the GPU is outputing 10bit colors.
(2019-11-03, 19:06)ToKro Wrote:
. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether the GPU is outputing 10bit colors.

Probably not.
I believe there's an api call in nvidia to set 10bits, not sure if this would make the problem persistent or not.

But as this is described it's not related to this software only.
So maybe a bug introduced by nvidia drivers or probably some windows update.

I'll look into an update during this week so we can test it.
Thanks for your feedback.
(2019-11-03, 19:06)ToKro Wrote:
Yes, I've actually tried to replicate it once again and it seems like this is the reason for stuttering for some weird reason, at least for me.
Quote:He did a fresh install and removed the color setting on Nvidia control panel.
The fresh install of NVIDIA drivers resets the settings to defaults, so that's probably the reason why it helps. But I noticed something very weird - when I activated the NVIDIA color settings and then reverted it back to system defaults, it didn't make the stuttering go away. It seems like just activating the NVIDIA colors once brakes it forever – it started working again only after I've reinstalled the drivers again. 

I spent three days trying to make 4K HDR movies work on Win 10 with GT 1030. I've tried everything - Kodi DSplayer, Kodi 10 HDR Edition and even Kodi with external player and madVR. But there was always either stuttering, or the HDR didn't work at all, or it worked only with the Windows HDR activated. But all these scenarios had one thing in common - I always had the NVIDIA color setting activated, once I left it on system defaults it works without an issue. It's switching the refresh rates, it's outputing HDR and it's not stuttering at all. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether the GPU is outputing 10bit colors. 
Heya, on a clean install of Win10 for me, Kodi was originally crashing when I tried to play something in HDR. After I installed the latest Nvidia drivers, with default settings. Everything worked fine.
Version 2.9.2 released.

In DXVAHD breaking the color space selection resulted in correct colors for both AMD and Nvidia. This was a bad move for proper color reproduction so I have finally set the output to bt.2020 were it should and this resulted in correct colors without breaking DXVAHD. 
This might solve the stuttering bug.

Also this is the first release with the experimental Intel HDR support. 
I don't own a Intel iGPU capable of HDR (i7 6700k here) so I can't test it.

I've added the Windows HDR hack as an option that might fix some Ryzen problems that the TV will not enter in bt.2020 color space. 
To enable this you need to create a file named advancedsettings.xml in the folder %AppData%\Kodi\userdata with the following written in the file:
<advancedsettings>
    <hdrhack>true</hdrhack>    
</advancedsettings>

This is set as false by default. 

Once again I don't own a problematic Ryzen gpu so this is also untested.
Thanks for this update. I test it with my Ryzen 2200G.
Output Format is still not bt.2020 (what color range i should use? RGB, YCbCr?) even with the as.xml hack.
it breaks my live tv (kodi just exit) so i had to change back to 2.9.1.
http://paste.debian.net/1113703/
no time for debug log Smile
(2019-11-04, 18:55)skybird1980 Wrote: Thanks for this update. I test it with my Ryzen 2200G.
Output Format is still not bt.2020 (what color range i should use? RGB, YCbCr?) even with the as.xml hack.
it breaks my live tv (kodi just exit) so i had to change back to 2.9.1.
http://paste.debian.net/1113703/
no time for debug log Smile

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else but your Ryzen was working correctly with 2.9.1, right?

The advanced settings did nothing? or it crashes when start playing video file?
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9