• 51(current)
Win Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox
(2016-12-16, 22:33)Veronica Wrote: No content in any of the menus, just blank

pic no worky, but try in incognito mode (w/o extensions) to make sure one of those isn't causing a problem
(2016-12-16, 22:42)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 22:33)Veronica Wrote: No content in any of the menus, just blank

pic no worky, but try in incognito mode (w/o extensions) to make sure one of those isn't causing a problem
Image fixed , please check again. Screenshot is using Edge Browser. For Chrome i tested in incognito mode as you suggested and it worked.

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Hello,
I flashed the full rom firmware. I prepared a USB stick using Rufus and selecting MBR partition scheme for UEFI. I am booting into a UEFI Shell but then I get a Shell prompt and nothing.
Is it my key or what? Should I have selected GPT partition scheme for UEFI instead?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT 1
I tried with GPT selected and still the same... The usb key is recognized by the BIOS... Any ideas?

EDIT 2
Sorted it...it was the stick...An all metal Kingston DTSE9 16GB was recognized but didn't boot; a Lexar 8 GB wasn't even recognized. I managed with a 8gb Sandisk Cruzer Blade.

Thanks Matt, could you send me your paypal address...wanna play Santa Wink
Hi again

Sorry if I'm a tad confused here. I can't get the EZ script to load with the CTRL-D or CTRL-L. It just goes directly in to Winodws. If I put in an USB I
can get the boot menu by hitting ESC.

I'm going to update to UEFI, that's why I'm trying to get this to work.

I have read the wiki and MrChromebox.tech site, but don't get any wiser at he moment. :-)
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2016-12-22, 23:06)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi again

Sorry if I'm a tad confused here. I can't get the EZ script to load with the CTRL-D or CTRL-L. It just goes directly in to Winodws. If I put in an USB I
can get the boot menu by hitting ESC.

I'm going to update to UEFI, that's why I'm trying to get this to work.

I have read the wiki and MrChromebox.tech site, but don't get any wiser at he moment. :-)

CTRL+D/L don't exist when you've replaced the stock firmware with my custom firmware, Legacy or UEFI. It's completely irrelevant here.

Put in Linux USB, boot it, connect to wifi if needed, open a terminal, run the Firmware Utility Script using the command(s) listed on my site. Select option 3 to install/update the Full ROM firmware, choose 'U' for UEFI.

When done, reboot and reinstall Windows from USB, deleting any/all existing partitions and installing Windows into the unpartitioned space. If you don't want to reinstall, there are various guides for converting a Legacy BIOS Windows install into a UEFI one, and some steps need to be done prior to the firmware update (and then some after as well). That's somewhat out of scope for this thread though.
Thank's again for a quick and intuitive answer :-)

Then it is me that didn`t read good enough :-)
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
I have noticed that I have some unknown device (ACPI) in Windows 10. Does anyone happen to know which driver I might be missing for this?
(2017-01-05, 18:11)igjunk Wrote: I have noticed that I have some unknown device (ACPI) in Windows 10. Does anyone happen to know which driver I might be missing for this?

first, make sure you are using the latest UEFI firmware from my website, https://mrchromebox.tech -- all drivers should be installed automatically via Windows Update.

if you still have an unknown device, go to Properties/details tab/Hardware IDs and take a pic/screenshot and post it
Edit: Never mind
First I just wanna say thx to the community and Matt Devo for everything, you made chromebox great again Smile... Now to the question, I have a standalone setup with seabios firmware, so i can boot usb or off ssd (which I upgraded to 64gb] It has been so long I dont remember how the functions work, Im trying to update the firmware to fix the hdmi audio issue in windows 10 but I cant even get to the bios, let alone run scripts. Do I need to reload old firmware and start over? can I create a thumb drive to run script? HALP PLEASE! I have a live disk? can I just run it from there? I have win 10 installed , live disk 14.01.03
(2017-01-08, 21:26)liftedilljam85 Wrote: First I just wanna say thx to the community and Matt Devo for everything, you made chromebox great again Smile... Now to the question, I have a standalone setup with seabios firmware, so i can boot usb or off ssd (which I upgraded to 64gb] It has been so long I dont remember how the functions work, Im trying to update the firmware to fix the hdmi audio issue in windows 10 but I cant even get to the bios, let alone run scripts. Do I need to reload old firmware and start over? can I create a thumb drive to run script? HALP PLEASE!

- boot a Linux USB
- run script, install UEFI firmware
- reinstall windows (you can migrate a legacy BIOS Windows install to UEFI, but it's not simple, and outside the scope of this thread)
NVM... I ran the script from the live session, THX... will report if hdmi audio is still an issue.
(2017-01-08, 21:35)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 21:26)liftedilljam85 Wrote: First I just wanna say thx to the community and Matt Devo for everything, you made chromebox great again Smile... Now to the question, I have a standalone setup with seabios firmware, so i can boot usb or off ssd (which I upgraded to 64gb] It has been so long I dont remember how the functions work, Im trying to update the firmware to fix the hdmi audio issue in windows 10 but I cant even get to the bios, let alone run scripts. Do I need to reload old firmware and start over? can I create a thumb drive to run script? HALP PLEASE!

- boot a Linux USB
- run script, install UEFI firmware
- reinstall windows (you can migrate a legacy BIOS Windows install to UEFI, but it's not simple, and outside the scope of this thread)

Thank you, ran the script from live disk, reinstalling 10.
After install and updates, all drivers present and accounted for and of course the HDMI audio. You are the man Matt, thx for all the hard work.
(2017-01-09, 01:03)liftedilljam85 Wrote: After install and updates, all drivers present and accounted for and of course the HDMI audio. You are the man Matt, thx for all the hard work.

I'd still recommend having speedfan run at startup, seems like Windows will stay at the default speed otherwise. Doesn't happen all the time but better to be safe than sorry
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox4