• 51(current)
[MOD] Aeon Hitched - Signing out
jalesm Wrote:Thanks, all better now.

As for widget, I agree it looks weird in this format. I could do without it, but I understand why people need it. You can make it optional like the watched overlays or remake it into something a little more subtle. Like an overlay with the season number.episode number in the corner or something.
I've just tried it with the widget only on the highlighted icon and I think it looks and works a lot better this way as it's easier to see which one your on.

If you want to try here's the Viewtype_Multiplex.xml -

http://pastebin.com/m2e2b7a72
gmeleski Wrote:Hi,

Great work on this skin.

Your "Mediafire" media.part2.rar fails with a crc error.

Downloaded twice.

Regards,

Gary
Trying smaller file sizes, uploading now.
Snpbond Wrote:Any possibility of adding the scrolling by letter functionality to Aeon? I really like this function and it allows you to scroll through a larger library faster.

http://xbmc.org/jmarshall/2008/08/05/som...hlighting/

Great job so far Hitcher!
Added to the list.
emal011 Wrote:Well, gut update, but, I don´t know if is only me, when I go to Settigns, I see the hole menu(font) a little to big for the graphic, I mean, settings > menu(settings), the lnks are too out of the graphics..
Sounds like you're using the wrong fonts.
Wow this looks really nice, if something like this can be done for showcase as well it would be awesome. It looks quite strange to see "duplicates" of albums in showcase view for example. Keep up the good work Hitcher!

Edit: this was a reply to the removing of duplicates in the multiplex fixedlist view, a bit tired now :\
Hitcher Wrote:Let me know what you think.

+1 to this.

I think the redundant episode/season posters/thumbs have always been a strange choice. I've mostly considered it a bug, but apparently some people like it!

I also agree that Fixedlist looked silly.

EDIT: I also wanted to say that you've done a fantastic job with the first post in this thread to help the end-users. I'm sure many others have noticed that the other modders/skinners are following your lead.
It looks nice when it only shows the number of episodes, when there aren't enough to fill the width of the mplex list. But I really miss having the highlighted ep/series in the middle.

and imo the widget should be present on all the thumbs. Even the one selected, never really liked that it disappeard when highlighted. Kind of confusing.

When you only put it on the one that is highighted it's hard to get an overview on which episodes I have added.
mindweaver Wrote:But I really miss having the highlighted ep/series in the middle.
I know what you mean, it's a shame you can't use a fixed focused position in panels. I'll probably make Movies and TV Shows a normal wraplist like before (they're less likely to only contain a few items) and then have this as an optional viewtype for Seasons and Episodes.
mindweaver Wrote:and imo the widget should be present on all the thumbs. Even the one selected, never really liked that it disappeard when highlighted. Kind of confusing.

When you only put it on the one that is highighted it's hard to get an overview on which episodes I have added.
It's late now but tomorrow I'll see what it looks like using a different coloured widget for the highlighted items because it still needs something to make it stand out from the other in my opinion.
Hitcher Wrote:I know what you mean, it's a shame you can't use a fixed focused position in panels. I'll probably make Movies and TV Shows a normal wraplist like before (they're less likely to only contain a few items) and then have this as an optional viewtype for Seasons and Episodes.

yeah, sounds good.

Hitcher Wrote:It's late now but tomorrow I'll see what it looks like using a different coloured widget for the highlighted items because it still needs something to make it stand out from the other in my opinion.

Ah, a lighter grey on the highlighted widget would certanely do the trick Smile
Hitcher Wrote:I decided to have a look at adding the Fixedlist today and, even though I can see the need not to duplicate items in a list, I really found the look of a Fixedlist off putting (uneven empty space/icon layout) so I've come up with a compromise. Now the layout will change depending on the number of items in the list so as to keep everything layout perfectly.

Let me know what you think.
I have to say I love it! I've always thought the "ten icons for two seasons" thing to be absurd and confusing, especially to people not used to an HTPC.

I agree with the other posters about the text though, it needs to be under the selected icon as well. But, please don't rely on color. A couple of my relatives are color-blind which has made color-dependent UI designs a pet peeve of mine.
can we make the fixed list an option? i like having the highlighted movie in the middle, over top of the movie name...it does look good tho
Thanks for adding multiplex wrap back. I remember when djh had it in Aeon and took it away. Love the way wrap feels.
Only One Haze Wrote:can we make the fixed list an option? i like having the highlighted movie in the middle, over top of the movie name...it does look good tho
See -
Hitcher Wrote:I'll probably make Movies and TV Shows a normal wraplist like before (they're less likely to only contain a few items) and then have this as an optional viewtype for Seasons and Episodes.

krypt2nite Wrote:Thanks for adding multiplex wrap back. I remember when djh had it in Aeon and took it away. Love the way wrap feels.
Am I to to assume you like it using it for Movies and TV Shows as well?
Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by emal011 View Post
Well, gut update, but, I don´t know if is only me, when I go to Settigns, I see the hole menu(font) a little to big for the graphic, I mean, settings > menu(settings), the lnks are too out of the graphics..
Sounds like you're using the wrong fonts.

Well, in deed, I already downloaded, but the fonts folder come not with just the fonts, come with other folders, I habe to install that?
+1 for the new multiplex layout. I think it looks great.
Well litle by little make my XBMC(Aeon Hitched) looking good... I habe problem with the flags, appears, and not... Now just habe a question, if somebody can tell me, How can I make the letters smaller?

Screenshot of my Screen

You see, "Plot outline" I think is a litle bigger and runtime | USA:... is doesn´t show all.

Resolution : 1680x1050

And: I can use as backdrop an movie data? Like dreamscene of windows ultimate?
never mind, i guess my answer would confuse him even more.
cheers,azido :;):
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Hitched - Signing out11