• 53(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-09-24, 21:20)stven Wrote: Hi Krusty,

Is it possible to make the backend install as a windows service?

So that It starts even if no user is logged...

I also have a dedicated PC in the basement, it would be great if the backend could run as a Windows Service.
(2013-10-04, 19:00)arraylength Wrote:

I also have a dedicated PC in the basement, it would be great if the backend could run as a Windows Service.

The good news is scarecrow420 re-factored the server code about a month ago for just this purpose. The bad news is he is on vacation until the end of this month. This is more his area than mine, so it will need to wait for him. I think this will be his top priority when he gets back, as you're not the first to ask.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-10-04, 16:17)krustyreturns Wrote: This software uses wmc's scheduler, which is the same service wmc uses, so conflicts between recordings work the same way as wmc. For instance, in your example, when the third request is made wmc will try to resolve the conflict by finding an alternate air time - possible even on a different channel - if it can't resolve it, it will keep the third recording scheduled but report that it won't record, and yes xbmc will take this info and report the conflict to you in xbmc. You can then go to xbmc's timer window and resolve the conflict manually be deleting a recording (timer).

Good to hear. I Didnt know that WMC has such a extensive API ( even though undocumented )
(2013-10-04, 09:45)scott967 Wrote: I will do some checking but on the same client machine I have Frodo 12.2 installed and everything is working. The server is running 1.072 (will upgrade probably tomorrow). This was my first attempt to get livetv working in Gotham, so there might be some configuration issues.

scott s.

Well you are one up on me, because I have never tried it with gotham, Scarecrow says it works fine though. If you can't get it going let me know and I will break down and install gotham and find out what the deal is.
(2013-10-04, 19:42)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-04, 19:00)arraylength Wrote:

The good news is scarecrow420 re-factored the server code about a month ago for just this purpose. The bad news is he is on vacation until the end of this month. This is more his area than mine, so it will need to wait for him. I think this will be his top priority when he gets back, as you're not the first to ask.

That will be great. Thanks a lot.
Thank you for for all your time and effort into making this thing work. I finally took the time to install both the server (W7 PC with tuner) and client (Intel NUC running openelec), and so far it works great. The only issue I ran into was that I had to create a user/password for the Recorded TV share for the TV stream to actually play (Everything would work except the actually tv show: show would record, EPG would populate, etc).

Thanks again for your hard work.

PS - This allowed me to reclaim my xbox 360 from my wife Smile
(2013-10-05, 00:06)puddin Wrote: PS - This allowed me to reclaim my xbox 360 from my wife Smile

lol. Does that mean it passed the wife test? That will be a first. Happy gaming.
Not sure yet. I haven't gotten word that things went awry....the only current configuration problem is setting up a AWOL to wake up the server PC on the Live TV menu selection to keep her from having to go upstairs! (or when openelec updates to gotham!)

Thanks again for your work. I literally smiled when it worked. Makes me happy to see quality work done by others.
I have installed Servewmc onto a windows 8, not Windows 8.1, machine and everything worked well until I rebooted. After I rebooted once, I ran ServerWMC and I got the following error msg. "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC004050B Unrecoverable Error - SeverWMC will terminate!" The log I have is from the first running of WMCserver when everything ran well(very well). I've tried unistalling then reinstalling with the same error. I've checked this thread but no mention of this specific error. I see that krustyreturns uploaded a new config file for someone with an issue with windows 8.1, but when I tried to download it it was .wtv file. Maybe I'm getting the wrong file. Anyway I checked my severwmc.execonfig file and it is coded with version 6.2.0.0. Could someone lend a hand. It was like tasting candy for the first time then having it snatched away from you.. Not a good feeling. LOL.
(2013-10-05, 03:12)twos50 Wrote: I have installed Servewmc onto a windows 8, not Windows 8.1, machine and everything worked well until I rebooted. After I rebooted once, I ran ServerWMC and I got the following error msg. "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC004050B Unrecoverable Error - SeverWMC will terminate!" The log I have is from the first running of WMCserver when everything ran well(very well). I've tried unistalling then reinstalling with the same error. I've checked this thread but no mention of this specific error. I see that krustyreturns uploaded a new config file for someone with an issue with windows 8.1, but when I tried to download it it was .wtv file. Maybe I'm getting the wrong file. Anyway I checked my severwmc.execonfig file and it is coded with version 6.2.0.0. Could someone lend a hand. It was like tasting candy for the first time then having it snatched away from you.. Not a good feeling. LOL.

Hey sorry about that. I think that error is related to a problem with the tuner. I doubt uninstalling and reinstalling will make a difference. I think you should try to start wmc and see if it resets the tuners, or reports a problem. Also, the server log is located in C:\ProgramData\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\ServerWMC.log you can post a link to that after putting the file in pastebin.com.
I have pasted up and left link to this post
WMC displays thumbnails for common shows/movies in it's EPG. Is this data transferable to the PVR client in a similar fashion to the channel icons?
Working great here with, RASPBMC & WIN7. Only one little minor problem, the recordings folder never populates with recorded shows. Even after a successful recording, ServerWMC even shows Recordings: 0. I am able to manually browse to the "Recorded TV" folder on the win7 box with RASPBMC. and play the recorded shows.
(2013-10-05, 14:47)edgedamage Wrote: Working great here with, RASPBMC & WIN7. Only one little minor problem, the recordings folder never populates with recorded shows. Even after a successful recording, ServerWMC even shows Recordings: 0. I am able to manually browse to the "Recorded TV" folder on the win7 box with RASPBMC. and play the recorded shows.

Sounds like you don't have the correct folder being watched.

Have you changed your recorded TV folder?
Are you able to see the recordings on the main server PC from within xbmc?
Do you have the correct networked recorded TV folder listed in serverWMC (folders tab)
Also, if you have credentials enabled in serverWMC (folders tab) disable, restart serverWMC and try again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-10-05, 06:09)twos50 Wrote: I have pasted up and left link to this post

I found the log (normally you put the log in pastebin.com and paste a link to it here). It does appear the tuner is either disabled or not configured. Did you try running wmc to see if it reports a tuner error?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9