• 55(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Ok, I have a couple of thoughts
1) first check if port 8181 is in use

netstat -a | find "8181"

you should get no output, if you get output something else is using the port

2) Open a command window and run

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Python\python.exe" "c:\server apps\headphones\headphones.py"

3) I don't know if python likes being in Program Files, is that the default install directory? My python install is in c:\Python and Headphones is in C:\Headphones. I know Program Files won't let anything write to it.

4) I don't know if python likes spaces in the folder names, so again I would try putting Python and Headphones directorys in the root of C:

5) Is your python install working? Do you have any other programs that use python? Sickbeard, Couchpotato? If so are they working?

Try the above and see what happens, I don't have any other ideas right now but I'll continue to think about it.

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I had trouble with spaces in Folder names.
Dilligaf Wrote:Ok, I have a couple of thoughts
1) first check if port 8181 is in use

netstat -a | find "8181"

you should get no output, if you get output something else is using the port

2) Open a command window and run

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Python\python.exe" "c:\server apps\headphones\headphones.py"

3) I don't know if python likes being in Program Files, is that the default install directory? My python install is in c:\Python and Headphones is in C:\Headphones. I know Program Files won't let anything write to it.

4) I don't know if python likes spaces in the folder names, so again I would try putting Python and Headphones directorys in the root of C:

5) Is your python install working? Do you have any other programs that use python? Sickbeard, Couchpotato? If so are they working?

Try the above and see what happens, I don't have any other ideas right now but I'll continue to think about it.

Mike
Dilligaf Wrote:Ok, I have a couple of thoughts

Mike

Python does NOT like being in Program Files. Usually the installer drops it to c:\python or c:\python[version]

The problem Silvare is probablly having has to do with the c:\server apps\

Python doesn't always seem to want to accept "" as an escape for a string. I've seen it want the space in a folder name escaped individually.

Try moving headphones to C:\headphones and python to c:\python then from an elevated (just to rule out) command prompt (start -> search -> cmd right click on CMD -> Run as administrator) run c:\python\python.exe C:\headphones\headphones.py to run it.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you just double click the headphones.py file? Python should have added a handler for .py files and will launch it with console just by double clicking.
Thanks for all the help guys. I just had a friend test it in Windows 7 also and he had no problems.

So here's my setup now:

C:\Headphones
C:\Python27

Still same thing. When I open headphones.py it flashes a command terminal, with some text (the hooks error) and closes. Running it from the commandline produces the same error:

Code:
C:\Python27>python.exe "c:\headphones\headphones.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\headphones\headphones.py", line 9, in <module>
    from headphones import webstart, logger
  File "c:\headphones\headphones\webstart.py", line 8, in <module>
    from headphones.webserve import WebInterface
  File "c:\headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 13, in <module>
    from headphones import logger, searcher, db, importer, mb, lastfm, librarysy
nc
  File "c:\headphones\headphones\importer.py", line 4, in <module>
    from lib.beets.mediafile import MediaFile
  File "c:\headphones\lib\beets\__init__.py", line 24, in <module>
    from .hooks import AlbumInfo, TrackInfo
ImportError: No module named hooks
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
I think I had a friend fix it; he said he's not sure why it wasn't working, only that Hooks does exist and is a part of the headphones installation but that it wasn't compiled correctly. He doesn't work with Python so he was just trying stuff.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
Silvaire Wrote:I think I had a friend fix it; he said he's not sure why it wasn't working, only that Hooks does exist and is a part of the headphones installation but that it wasn't compiled correctly. He doesn't work with Python so he was just trying stuff.

Glad it's working
It's working pretty great! I'm having a few hiccups though:

Adding an artist via 'search' isn't working however it works fine when done via 'extra's. The error doesn't really tell me a whole lot, though:

Quote:2012-02-23 16:53:19 WARNING Attempt to query MusicBrainz for [Artist] failed: no element found: line 1, column 0
2012-02-23 16:53:13 WARNING Attempt to query MusicBrainz for [Artist] failed: no element found: line 1, column 0
2012-02-23 16:53:08 WARNING Attempt to query MusicBrainz for [Artist] failed: no element found: line 1, column 0
2012-02-23 16:53:01 WARNING Attempt to query MusicBrainz for [Artist] failed: no element found: line 1, column 0
2012-02-23 16:52:55 WARNING Attempt to query MusicBrainz for [Artist] failed: no element found: line 1, column 0

Secondly it seems like it just stops working every now and again, usually in the middle of an artist update without a lot of information. A restart fixes it but is there a way to enable more verbose logs to maybe tell what causes it to die?
jdoggvt Wrote:It's working pretty great! I'm having a few hiccups though:

Adding an artist via 'search' isn't working however it works fine when done via 'extra's. The error doesn't really tell me a whole lot, though:

Secondly it seems like it just stops working every now and again, usually in the middle of an artist update without a lot of information. A restart fixes it but is there a way to enable more verbose logs to maybe tell what causes it to die?

Seems like something wrong with the server, but i'm not sure what. It went away after a server restart but it looks like it's back again, possibly due to the replication packets, but i'll find out.
Looks like the searches are still going through musicbrainz.org. Ugh (the mirror doesn't include the search server).

Anyone want to throw me 40 bucks so I can upgrade my VPS plan? I can't install java on the one I have now, and that's a prerequisite for building the search server.
Or if someone wants to set up a search server while I work on rewriting the musicbrainz code so we don't even have to use a mirror anymore :-)

http://bugs.musicbrainz.org/browser/sear...unk/README
@HenryFord

Any chance of a newer windows build so we can take advantage rembo10's new mirror?
Its easier to just install python and then run headphones through that, since you can update automatically and not have to wait for the build. It takes about 3 minutes of work.
Johnny Awesome Wrote:@HenryFord

Any chance of a newer windows build so we can take advantage rembo10's new mirror?
Sorry, was cutt off over the weekend, will do as soon as I am back home tonight.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Lately I've been running into this error when checking for wanted albums. Anyone running into this? Any help will be appreciated.

Code:
29-Feb-2012 08:40:19 - INFO :: Thread-153 : Searching for The Ting Tings Sounds
From Nowheresville since it was marked as wanted
29-Feb-2012 08:40:19 - INFO :: Thread-153 : Parsing results from <a href="http:/
/rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=XXXXXX&ssl=1&term=The+Ting+Tings+Sounds+F
rom+Nowheresville&apikey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&subcat=23&scenename=1&
english=1&age=1600&page=download">NZBMatrix</a>
Exception in thread Thread-153:
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 505, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 77, in s
earchforalbum
    foundNZB = searchNZB(result['AlbumID'], new)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 161, in
searchNZB
    data = urllib2.urlopen(searchURL, timeout=20).read()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 351, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(rbufsize)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\httplib.py", line 541, in read
    return self._read_chunked(amt)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\httplib.py", line 586, in _read_chunked
    raise IncompleteRead(''.join(value))
IncompleteRead: IncompleteRead(409 bytes read)
c_tripps_2k Wrote:Lately I've been running into this error when checking for wanted albums. Anyone running into this? Any help will be appreciated.

Code:
29-Feb-2012 08:40:19 - INFO :: Thread-153 : Searching for The Ting Tings Sounds
From Nowheresville since it was marked as wanted
29-Feb-2012 08:40:19 - INFO :: Thread-153 : Parsing results from <a href="http:/
/rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=XXXXXX&ssl=1&term=The+Ting+Tings+Sounds+F
rom+Nowheresville&apikey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&subcat=23&scenename=1&
english=1&age=1600&page=download">NZBMatrix</a>
Exception in thread Thread-153:
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 505, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 77, in s
earchforalbum
    foundNZB = searchNZB(result['AlbumID'], new)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 161, in
searchNZB
    data = urllib2.urlopen(searchURL, timeout=20).read()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 351, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(rbufsize)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\httplib.py", line 541, in read
    return self._read_chunked(amt)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\httplib.py", line 586, in _read_chunked
    raise IncompleteRead(''.join(value))
IncompleteRead: IncompleteRead(409 bytes read)

I think it's a problem with nzbmatrix.

Just a heads up: My server will be going down for an hour or two to catch up on some updates. Good news: thanks to some donations I've upgraded to a better server with 2x the ram, CPU, etc so there will be some performance gains and possibly the chance of running my own search server if I can get Java working :-)
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9